Lightning FIRST female protagonist!

#71shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:10:41 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
You stated silly things that were facts and used your opinion to decide that's what made her a good character, yes.

I do like how you listed that she could cook and run a bar as some of the reason, though. That I liked.

But can't those be well-liked aspects of a character? Aren't they good things? Wouldn't you want your woman to have those qualities?

Well yeah, that's why I liked those. And not many characters can say they do that in the FF series.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#72EpsteinBarrPosted 1/19/2013 9:12:37 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
You stated silly things that were facts and used your opinion to decide that's what made her a good character, yes.

I do like how you listed that she could cook and run a bar as some of the reason, though. That I liked.

But can't those be well-liked aspects of a character? Aren't they good things? Wouldn't you want your woman to have those qualities?

Well yeah, that's why I liked those. And not many characters can say they do that in the FF series.

Then in the end it's a matter of preference. Regardless, Lightning and Tifa are top 5 in terms of popularity. So let's leave it at that.
#73shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:13:25 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...
shinigami_matt posted...

Then in the end it's a matter of preference. Regardless, Lightning and Tifa are top 5 in terms of popularity. So let's leave it at that.

fair enough
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#74mahroflcopterPosted 1/19/2013 9:14:12 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
shinigami_matt posted...

mahroflcopter posted...
Hey, in all fairness to Tifa... she also apparently feeds starving children in Africa with her Miracle Chest.

And you say like that's a bad thing. Why?

I was defending Tifa's honor there. She's not just a housewife, she's a selfless "Chest angel".
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#75OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/19/2013 9:17:25 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
And what was it that Aerith got done? Run off?

She magically lead the lifestream up and saved the world. :u Magical maiden stuff.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#76MysteryVeilPosted 1/19/2013 9:19:50 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

She magically lead the lifestream up and saved the world. :u Magical maiden stuff.

Yeah...no.

I'll go with the ass-kicking housewife.
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#77OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/19/2013 9:20:47 PM
MysteryVeil posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Yeah...no.

So only physical prowess matters? o.o
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#78MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/19/2013 9:22:02 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
I'm going to be frank:

If you think Terra isn't the main character of FFVI, then you either didn't play FFVI or you just choose to ignore the evidence of Terra being the first female lead in the series (except if you want to go the route of arguing the White Mage of FF1...).

And yet tons and tons and tons of FFVI fans would argue that point.
People could be wrong, and live in their own fantasy of what they BELIEVE is right. I mean, I'm sure there are people out there who believe the Twilight series and Fifty Shades of Grey books are well written, and people who believe Dane Cook is funny. Hell, you are free do think the grass is hot pink, dogs are fish and you're the king of Mappyland... doesn't make it right, though.
#79EpsteinBarrPosted 1/19/2013 9:24:44 PM(edited)
OpheliaAdenade posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Yeah...no.

Physical prowess is hot.

mahroflcopter posted...
I was defending Tifa's honor there. She's not just a housewife, she's a selfless "Chest angel".

Thank you my man, I truly appreciate that.
#80MysteryVeilPosted 1/19/2013 9:27:37 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Yeah...no.

Did I say that?

Do you just come here to argue and troll?
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01