LR creators justify third game in the series with falling sales

#11Some_StaticPosted 1/20/2013 3:18:39 AM
No, I pretty much agree that FF13 should have ended with the first game (it concluded itself), and they could have dropped it when 13-2 showed a return-rate of less than 50% (by that I mean the sales were less than 50% of the prequel). But it seems like they're trying to treat LR as a 'jumping on' point for the FF13 games, kind of like how BioWare tried to make Mass Effect 3 accessible for those who hadn't played the first two games (and I don't know if you played ME3, but it really didn't work out that way).

Either way, I don't really like the idea of LR, but I'm saying that these are probably the reasons, however much I disagree with the rationale.
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
Don't mess with Mrs. Chu; she'll put you in the soup.
#12FreakonaIeashPosted 1/20/2013 3:20:58 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
If they consider 3.1 million to be failing sales, they need a reality check. :u

The sheep will now deny the words of the people that make their games. Hilarious.
---
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/181/2/3/Alucard_Grin_by_loonyface.jpg
#13RX0megaPosted 1/20/2013 3:21:04 AM
AgitoXIII posted...
Best thing from that interview is that they said "there listening to player feedback". Which alot of people DONT think they do.

You mean those haters that complain about literally everything they do (like most of GameFAQs)? Yeah, well, SE could make a game literally done to their exact desires and they would still complain. People just want to bash SE, pure and simple. You yourself are demonstrating this, it's pretty obvious they listened to feedback when making XIII-2 given the overall design choices of that game, yet here you are saying they basically didn't...

Hell, at this point I feel like even if they came out with Versus people would still bash them.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#14Celes--CherePosted 1/20/2013 3:26:08 AM
People seriously thought otherwise?
---
Holy_Banisher
#15kupo1705Posted 1/20/2013 3:55:33 AM
The sales are falling because nobody wants more XIII games, so they create another XIII game?
#16FreakonaIeashPosted 1/20/2013 3:56:53 AM
kupo1705 posted...
The sales are falling because nobody wants more XIII games, so they create another XIII game?

"We WILL make games until you LEARN to love RAITONINGU".
---
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/181/2/3/Alucard_Grin_by_loonyface.jpg
#17RX0megaPosted 1/20/2013 4:12:03 AM
kupo1705 posted...

Yeah, clearly reaching over 3 million world wide sales means nobody wants it /sarcasm

You do realise very few games so much as crack a million sales, right?
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#18kupo1705Posted 1/20/2013 4:13:36 AM
RX0mega posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Yeah, clearly reaching over 3 million world wide sales means nobody wants it /sarcasm

You do realise very few games so much as crack a million sales, right?

And there are very few games that carry a name as big as Final Fantasy.
#19Celes--CherePosted 1/20/2013 4:22:23 AM
Some_Static posted...
]But it seems like they're trying to treat LR as a 'jumping on' point for the FF13 games, kind of like how BioWare tried to make Mass Effect 3 accessible for those who hadn't played the first two games (and I don't know if you played ME3, but it really didn't work out that way)..

Idiots still believed that it was a jumping on point and bought the game anyway, so I'd say it worked out pretty well.
---
Holy_Banisher
#20Some_StaticPosted 1/20/2013 4:24:29 AM
Celes--Chere posted...
Some_Static posted...
]But it seems like they're trying to treat LR as a 'jumping on' point for the FF13 games, kind of like how BioWare tried to make Mass Effect 3 accessible for those who hadn't played the first two games (and I don't know if you played ME3, but it really didn't work out that way)..

Idiots still believed that it was a jumping on point and bought the game anyway, so I'd say it worked out pretty well.

I feel like this 'jump on in the middle of a series' type advertising has worked well for western-developed games, but not eastern ones, and I'm not really sure why that is.
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
Don't mess with Mrs. Chu; she'll put you in the soup.