LR creators justify third game in the series with falling sales

#41TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/20/2013 6:06:15 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...
It will probably sell the same as 13-2. New people will equal those lost.

I can already see an army of new people getting hooked into "The last game they will ever play".

Oh wait.

wut

I assume you somehow missed the tagline.

SE said that? Link plox.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#42FreakonaIeashPosted 1/20/2013 6:07:49 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...

SE said that? Link plox.

Seriously Potty?

http://www.novacrystallis.com/LR/lastgame.jpg
---
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/181/2/3/Alucard_Grin_by_loonyface.jpg
#43TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/20/2013 6:11:27 AM
That looks like an advert playing off the whole doomsday/end of world thing.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#44RX0megaPosted 1/20/2013 6:13:17 AM
kupo1705 posted...
RX0mega posted...
kupo1705 posted...
The sales are falling because nobody wants more XIII games, so they create another XIII game?

Yeah, clearly reaching over 3 million world wide sales means nobody wants it /sarcasm

You do realise very few games so much as crack a million sales, right?

And there are very few games that carry a name as big as Final Fantasy.

So that means that literally every game with the name "Final Fantasy" in it has to achieve blockbuster sales to be a sucess?

It's a sequel, and the fact people run around acting like it "killed Final Fantasy" and other such criticism when figures show that roughly one out of every two people to play the original came back for the sequel is pretty silly.

If you don't like the XIII saga then ffs stop posting on XIII boards. Go post on the boards of games you are actually interested in and leave this board for the people interested in this game.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#45FreakonaIeashPosted 1/20/2013 6:13:50 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
That looks like an advert playing off the whole doomsday/end of world thing.

It's excellent mocking material for us "pessimists".
---
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/181/2/3/Alucard_Grin_by_loonyface.jpg
#46King_Shortt_IXPosted 1/20/2013 7:27:56 AM(edited)
Somehow I think Big T has got some dirt about the executives at SE. Clearly some blackmail is going on.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#47LenneValkiryePosted 1/20/2013 7:32:34 AM
Falling sales or not, 3.1m sold copies is still a ridicolously big number, especially for a PS3 game.

Isn't FFXIII-2 the third or so most sold PS3 game in Japan? I'm pretty sure only FFXIII and MGS4 are ahead of it. That alone definitely warrants a sequel.
#48zodiac_swordPosted 1/20/2013 7:35:28 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Falling sales or not, 3.1m sold copies

shipped.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#49MoogleCakePosted 1/20/2013 7:39:37 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Somehow I think Big T has got some dirt about the executives at SE. Clearly some blackmail is going on.

You know what would be hilarious? If all of his fanboy obsession lines about Lightning were made by his superiors and he was forced to recite them during the presentations.
#50Panda_KunPosted 1/20/2013 7:48:51 AM
“With Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, we wanted to focus on giving it a brand-new feel. It’s a brand-new game that you can jump into regardless of knowing and being familiar with the prior two stories within those installments,” Kitase said. “This whole effort to give this game a brand new feel shows very well in our logo design. It’s a completely different approach this time. We have not used the traditional font or the art by Yoshitaka Amano because we wanted to convey to our audience that this is a new game that we’re bringing to the table.”

What. So it isn't really a sequel but a XIII-2-2 of a XIII-2? Well, s***.
---
--"F*** the JRPG Cliche Hate. I felt like a badass saving the world for the first time, I still feel like a badass doing it for the hundredth time."