If FFXV gets announced at E3 2013, will people lose interest in Versus XIII?

#11TruthPosted 1/20/2013 3:06:38 PM
This is an important question, as the same thing happened back in E3 2006. FFXII was not even released in NA/EU but Squenix still announced FFXIII with a trailer that showed in-game graphics and even battle system gameplay. I visited various forums in the weeks after and there were a lot of people that were no longer hyped for FFXII, despite it launching later in the year.

They were saying things like:

-- "FFXIII looks amazing! I can't believe those graphics are real-time on PS3! It looks much better than FFXII and is also being made by the FFVII/FFVIII/FFX team! Man, forget FFXII. A PS3 and this game is now what I'm saving up for."

-- "FFXIII has the best battle system in the series. The animations are amazing and fluid and you can slow down time and make enemies hit the environments. I thought FFXII looked good but this blows it out of the water. I'm skipping FFXII and getting a PS3 for this game."

-- "I was gonna buy FFXII, but seeing as they're already making FFXIII and it looks like a playable FFVII Advent Children, I'll just buy a PS3 and wait for FFXIII to release."

As you can see, FFXIII took away some of FFXII's sales due to being announced before FFXII was released. Will the same happen with Versus XIII and FFXV?
#2HeyItsZantPosted 1/20/2013 3:08:00 PM(edited)
Well, yeah, naturally. But at the same time they will still look forward to it.

EDIT: I honestly don't think it will anyways.
---
Click This Link For a Moment of Epicness:
http://tinyurl.com/9wap6t4 (Works every time!)
#3MagiusNecrosPosted 1/20/2013 3:08:44 PM
If Square has a brain they shall refrain.

Making an announcement only to lose focus of what they were doing only to stagnate for 3+ years would not be wise to repeat. Not to mention other announcements adding more years onto that.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#41Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 3:10:06 PM
HeyItsZant posted...

Well, Squenix have already confirmed that we'll see Agni's Philosophy running on actual PS4/720 hardware at E3 2013. I think there's a high chance that it's FFXV.
#5TorgoForeverPosted 1/20/2013 3:10:11 PM
Finish stuff before announcement. And more importantly, try to announce a game when you actually know what you're doing.
---
MAXIMUM OVEREXPOSITION: http://imgur.com/p8VeC7h
oFFiciAL ToRgO(pOn), wAKaMoToRcyClE. YoR, and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#6HeyItsZantPosted 1/20/2013 3:10:49 PM
1Truth posted...
HeyItsZant posted...

Well, Squenix have already confirmed that we'll see Agni's Philosophy running on actual PS4/720 hardware at E3 2013. I think there's a high chance that it's FFXV.

Yeah.

Nobody knows for sure.
---
#7MagiusNecrosPosted 1/20/2013 3:11:59 PM
AP is still at it's core a mere tech demo.
---
#8HeyItsZantPosted 1/20/2013 3:14:07 PM
MagiusNecros posted...

You never know for sure, though. They may be developing it into a game right now.
---
#9MagiusNecrosPosted 1/20/2013 3:15:51 PM
HeyItsZant posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

You never know for sure, though. They may be developing it into a game right now.

They might but might not.

I don't think much will be at E3.

We have LR and XIV. And Square will not risk overshadowing them.
---
#10heartlesshero17Posted 1/20/2013 3:17:09 PM
Maybe
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception