Final Fantasy XV needs Final Fantasy XII's dubbing.

#61j-fielding95(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 1:45:56 AM
EscaSyra posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
So, with the exception of 1 person we all agree XII's dubbing and should return. SE needs to know this.

Again, a person who called AC Rufus great, when he sounds panifully generic.

Who said I didn't agree that XII's dubbing was great? I like a few other characters dubs better.

English accents do not make a voice non generic. Sounds like a fairly generic English accent to me.

They don't sound like typical English accents to me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#62EscaSyraPosted 1/21/2013 1:46:12 AM
kupo1705 posted...
EscaSyra posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
So, with the exception of 1 person we all agree XII's dubbing and should return. SE needs to know this.

Who said I didn't agree that XII's dubbing was great? I like a few other characters dubs better.

English accents do not make a voice non generic. Sounds like a fairly generic English accent to me.

Again, you bring someone unrelated up.

Who said anything about English accents? Nobody except for you.

Balthier and Gabranth have English accents. We are talking about their voice acting.

1+1=2
#63VekkererPosted 1/21/2013 1:47:00 AM
I was always fond of XII's dialogue. That game had some of the best acting in the series. And I got the impression that the actors were either having fun with it or were allowed to improvise a lot. That makes for a great game.
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#64EscaSyraPosted 1/21/2013 1:47:18 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
EscaSyra posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

See that's great. Now we're getting somewhere. Rufus doesn't sound generic to me. Balthier and Gabranth don't sound generic to you. That doesn't make either of us wrong. That just means we have different tastes.
#65FreakonaIeashPosted 1/21/2013 1:47:21 AM
EscaSyra posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

No one is saying they are good cause of the english acccent. THey are good because have great acting skills.

Balthier has this charming, cocky vibe in his voice.

Gabranth sounds high and mighty, and near the end he can perform a great hatred filled voice without sounding cheesy.

The accent has NOTHING to do with it.

And Rufus in AC sounds like he could dub a japanese hentai.
---
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/181/2/3/Alucard_Grin_by_loonyface.jpg
#66dils-dPosted 1/21/2013 1:47:43 AM
Unrelated question: Do people like Dante's VA? My friend said he was very skilled, but when I listened to some clips (it was either the first or third game) I felt a notable lack if emotional depth in his performance. He sounded like he'd rather kill himself with a rusty nail than read another line.

Related statement: Larsa > Fran > Shantotto > the rest.
---
Though I may look the same way to you
Underneath there is somebody new
#67EscaSyraPosted 1/21/2013 1:48:19 AM
Vekkerer posted...
I was always fond of XII's dialogue. That game had some of the best acting in the series. And I got the impression that the actors were either having fun with it or were allowed to improvise a lot. That makes for a great game.

Agreed. It helped that the writing was extremely well done. I think all the dubs would sound that good if the writing was at that level in every installment.
#68EscaSyraPosted 1/21/2013 1:49:19 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
EscaSyra posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

No one is saying they are good cause of the english acccent. THey are good because have great acting skills.

Balthier has this charming, cocky vibe in his voice.

Gabranth sounds high and mighty, and near the end he can perform a great hatred filled voice without sounding cheesy.

The accent has NOTHING to do with it.

And Rufus in AC sounds like he could dub a japanese hentai.

Rufus sounds to me like a deceptive and cunning individual, which is exactly what he is. It fits his character perfectly.
#69kupo1705Posted 1/21/2013 1:49:36 AM
EscaSyra posted...
kupo1705 posted...
EscaSyra posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

Again, you bring someone unrelated up.

Who said anything about English accents? Nobody except for you.

Balthier and Gabranth have English accents. We are talking about their voice acting.

1+1=2

You are under the assumption we think the voice acting is good because of 'big words' or English accents.

Besides, I've never heard an English accent like theirs.
#70j-fielding95(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 1:50:03 AM
EscaSyra posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
EscaSyra posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

See that's great. Now we're getting somewhere. Rufus doesn't sound generic to me. Balthier and Gabranth don't sound generic to you. That doesn't make either of us wrong. That just means we have different tastes.

Rufus sounds to me like he has no emotion whatsoever, he sounds like Cloud, if Cloud's already dull voice tried to be even duller

But yeah, I know they're just opinions.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s