First FF, favorite FF, opinion on the XIII series, opinion on SE as of current

#31theofficefan99Posted 1/21/2013 10:09:00 AM(edited)
HeyItsZant posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
First FF: VII.
Favorite FF: Tie between XIII and XIII-2
Opinion on the series: Legendary
Opinion on SE: They know how to make amazing games, but they also know how to make terrible games.

Really?

Yes.

I know how to take off my nostalgia goggles.

Is that the best thing the defense force can come up with, when the games have lots of legitimate flaws?

I rate my games based off how much I liked them. XIII's battle system is leagues better than any other game in the series, IMO. That's what made the game for me.

I love the battle system in XIII as well (though they could have had leader switching and gambits for AI party members to make it better), but the game definitely has lots of legitimate flaws. XIII-2 has even more (much, much more IMO).
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#32UltimaManicPosted 1/21/2013 10:06:28 AM(edited)
Oh, I do so love these topics!

My first FF was VIII.
My favourite FF is a tie between IV and IX. I've tried for years to decide which I like better, I still can't choose.
My opinion on XIII and it's ilk is...not good. I've played through XIII and part of XIII-2 and I can safely say they're two of the most boring games I've ever forced myself to play. If you like them though, hey, more power to you.

What do I think of Square-Enix though? Eh. They're pretty good. They're still steadily rereleasing the best FF games, and outside of development, they're publishing some real gems. I never though I'd see Square publish a Deus Ex game, I can say that much- but I'm so glad they did.
#33HeyItsZantPosted 1/21/2013 10:04:46 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I love the battle system in XIII as well (though they could have had leader switching and gambits for AI party members to make it better), but the game definitely has lots of legitimate flaws. XIII-2 as even more (much, much more IMO).

IMO, VII has more flaws than XIII or XIII-2.
---
Click This Link For a Moment of Epicness:
http://tinyurl.com/9wap6t4 (Works every time!)
#34dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 10:10:53 AM
HeyItsZant posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I love the battle system in XIII as well (though they could have had leader switching and gambits for AI party members to make it better), but the game definitely has lots of legitimate flaws. XIII-2 as even more (much, much more IMO).

Like?
---
Though I may look the same way to you
Underneath there is somebody new
#35HeyItsZantPosted 1/21/2013 10:12:35 AM
dils-d posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Like?

They're all subjective. If I list them out all you will do is tell me why they aren't flaws and that's alright, because it's just your opinion. I don't feel like starting a fan war here.
---
#36dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 10:21:03 AM
HeyItsZant posted...
dils-d posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Like?

They're all subjective. If I list them out all you will do is tell me why they aren't flaws and that's alright, because it's just your opinion. I don't feel like starting a fan war here.

I'm not that crazy for VII, but I just can't see how it would me more flawed than XIII was. That game has some serious holes to be filled.
---
Though I may look the same way to you
Underneath there is somebody new
#37arvilinoPosted 1/21/2013 10:24:42 AM(edited)
dils-d posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Like?

Several actions that end most disk 1 and disk 2 battles in a single move(even discounting grinding). These all render the vast majority of materia redundant or underpowered.
#38ExtremeLightPosted 1/21/2013 10:23:16 AM
dils-d posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
dils-d posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Like?

I'm not that crazy for VII, but I just can't see how it would me more flawed than XIII was. That game has some serious holes to be filled.

The only flaws I saw in XIII are a weak leveling up system and not realizing how to effectively use the battle system till like that Ark.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#39retep_onePosted 1/21/2013 10:23:59 AM
FFVII, FFX, didnt fulfill potential, sell out
---
PSN: Spectre0415
spectre status recognized......
#40HeyItsZantPosted 1/21/2013 10:24:09 AM
ExtremeLight posted...
The only flaws I saw in XIII are a weak leveling up system and not realizing how to effectively use the battle system till like that Ark.

I knew how to effectively use the Battle system when fighting Aster Protoflorian in like chapter 3.
---