First FF, favorite FF, opinion on the XIII series, opinion on SE as of current

#361Dalton Of ZealPosted 1/21/2013 6:15:21 PM
First FF: 4

Favorite FF: 6, with 8 not too far behind

Opinion on XIII series: Gameplay-wise, they could use some work, but FFXIII-2 was a definite step in the right direction and a decent game. Story-wise, I really like the game world and the characters.

Opinion on SE: All The Bravest is upsetting, but I still believe Square Enix is doing a fairly decent job.
#362KotomineKireiPosted 1/21/2013 6:18:29 PM
Final Fantasy VIII; Final Fantasy IV; Bad camera angle; Not SquareSoft
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#363SwinubToupeePosted 1/21/2013 6:22:06 PM
I

XI

It's fine.

They deserve criticism but are also facing an unwinnable market. A Final Fantasy takes a long time and a lot of money to produce and will never capture an audience as large as a modern shooter or iPhone time waster. They released FFXIV too early and are stretching FFXIII assets as far as they can because they need the business. There's no easy way out for Square Enix. If Final Fantasy VII was brand new today it would not be the hit that nostalgia suggests it should be.
---
Doctor Shantotto Supporter
#364xio323Posted 1/21/2013 6:36:29 PM
the first final fantasy i played was final fantasy 7. loved it, but not as much as other ones that are out there.

My favorite is probably either 9 or tactics.

I feel like Final Fantasy XIII gets too much hate. it wasn't a great game, but it isn't as horrible as everyone says it is. i still enjoyed playing it for the most part, along with final fantasy xiii-2, but i kinda wish they just ended it with xiii. probably will pick up LR just because of how xiii-2 was executed =/ but seeing how LR is more action oriented now, i think i'll enjoy it a bit more. can't really say that i expect an excellent story tho.

Square has disappointed me every since the merging of squaresoft and enix. back then, if the game had the square logo on it, i'd immediately pick it up, expecting it to be a good game, and they always were!
I'm also afraid of the release of versus XIII. it's getting so much hype that i think it's going to be a giant disappointment because people were expecting so much out of it. I'm just speculating, but i believe square is still working on versus XIII but really keeping tight about news release. i think it'd be better that way so as to not give us any ideas.
#365naarosPosted 1/21/2013 6:38:11 PM
First: Final Fantasy II SNES (aka FFIV)
Favorite: Final Fantasy IX
Opinion on XIII: They are entertaining games, but nothing nowhere near my favorites.
Opinion on SE: They annoy me so much this gen. From their treatment of certain HD games to their lack of localization on Type-0 and Bravely Default... Just... Bleh.
#366IzzythewinnerPosted 1/21/2013 6:42:28 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
First: X
Fav: X
Opinion on XIII: Love it.
Opinion on Square: I wish they'd get their s*** together.

According to the preferences your sharring... You are no were close being a legit ff fan.
---
PSN NAME: IzzyTehPwnr
XBL: Izzy The Owner
#367Undead587Posted 1/21/2013 6:44:31 PM
First - Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
Favorite - Either IV or VI
Opinion on the XIII series - Garbage
Opinion on SE as of current - Disappointing
#368GalcianPosted 1/21/2013 6:53:18 PM
First FF - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

favorite FF - FFX

opinion on the XIII series - Awesome graphics but not as fun as earlier FF games like VII-X

opinion on SE as of current - they need to re-hire lots of people who quit and need to dish out new info for FF Versus XIII
---
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/5/56/Versus_logo.jpg
A new era
#369overmaxxPosted 1/21/2013 6:59:28 PM
It's awful
They are being managed by monkeys
#370AtalalamaPosted 1/21/2013 7:19:35 PM
Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IV, It'd be nice to see something new that isn't an MMORPG but at least the XIII games are entertaining, SE is a sinking ship where the captain is jumped ship & the rest of the crew are murdering the passengers for sport.