First FF, favorite FF, opinion on the XIII series, opinion on SE as of current

#391Corsair89Posted 1/21/2013 9:30:53 PM
- FFX
- FFX
- It's okay. Honestly, I don't really remember much about the story. All I really remember for sure was killing dozens of Adamantoise farming Tetrahedrons and Ingots for Ultimate weapons.
- They won't they won't localize Type-0 or Bravely Default. I'm bitter about it.
#392MHGALEPosted 1/21/2013 9:32:31 PM
Good God this topic exploded.
---
SMT IV 2013! BELIEVE!
#393EternalDividePosted 1/21/2013 9:34:56 PM
VII

VIII

Terrible. The kind of terrible that you have to set out with that goal in mind. To make something terrible.

SE isn't a lost cause just yet. But unless they make a complete 180 in the next year or so they will be. A good re-release of XIV isn't the turnaround for SE some people think it will be. There's a lot of genuine work to be done to turn things around, not the complete half hearted "work" SE has been turning in for the better part of a decade now. Where's the next full blown non-mmo, non-everyone's just a mute create-a-character Dragon Quest entry? Where's KH3? Where's another Mana or proper Front Mission?
SE needs to stop screwing around. Oust Wada! Put Nomura on a short leash! Stop trying so hard to change established IP's because an internal focus group thinks a more "westernized" game is what people want. If a new "experimental" game is what SE wants to make then make something new, don't drag an existing IP through the mud.
Which brings up the FF series. I think too much has been done to it. Too much "change" in the series to ever go back to what made it good without SE having to acknowledge how terrible it's become. It's a dead horse that SE themselves have beaten to death and are now just desecrating the corpse. Put it to rest. Let it die. And just forget about Vs. Besides, after 7 years are people still so gullible that they believe it's real when there's nothing to show for it other than years of "Please be patient." from SE.
---
I support Alex Smith #11
#394theofficefan99Posted 1/21/2013 9:35:02 PM
We have absolutely no evidence XIV is going to be good, in fact for every step forward it's taken it has taken a step backwards. The original version had bugs, ridiculous lag and a horrible UI, programming they could do nothing with. But for every flaw it had potential, certain parts were a lot of fun, now it's become a button mashing WoW clone and is way over casualized to ever be fun for more than a week. If they had redesigned the game to it's original version but added a lot of content and fixed it's UI it would have been a good game. They even went the direction of giving 2.0 cartoon graphics...

You can get to the max level in 2 days on XIV now, that's not good game design on any level. speaking of XI it was ruined years ago and there is no saving it. It used to take a year to get 1 class to endgame, it was 1 of the most hard core games on the market, now you can get to lv 99 in a week so all the progress made by anybody was whiped out. SE cheated it's fan base big time.

I personally don't like anything there company does anymore, they need to fire about 90% of the company and get FF's creator back as the company's president. Squaresoft was full of men inspired by star wars, they wanted to create the next story of that quality, now all they make are DBZ-esque animes, I don't even want type 0 or versus here, based off everything they've done since the merger I'm certain they would just be more of the same.

It's more than not giving the fan's what they want, their problem is a fundamental design philosophy, they have the wrong image of what a high quality game is, or FF for that matter. Only a fraction of the people who made Squaresoft a legendary company remains, and they have absolutely no idea how to make a good game.

Nope, Type-0 is Squaresoft quality. I've played it.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#395ragnarokiusPosted 1/21/2013 9:35:28 PM
First: VI
Fav: IX
Opinion on XIII: Insulting
Opinion on Square:
I wish they'd get their s*** together.

---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#396rpglover13Posted 1/21/2013 9:44:48 PM
First: X
Fav: IV
Op XIII: Great story, homogenized gameplay due to trying to attract casual gamers of this gen.
Op SE: They need to start helping themselves, go for the cash cow that would be a FFVII remake. Also, help themselves by slowing down overall scheduling, and focus more on projects singularly to ultimately get more work done than they are now.
#397SuperWiiCube64Posted 1/21/2013 9:47:08 PM
First: FFIV
Favorite: Tie between IV and VI
Opinion on XIII series: Eh...
Opinion on SE: Don't really have much of one.
#398RomangeloPosted 1/21/2013 9:56:58 PM
FFV

FFX

Good series

They're doing good.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#399MoogleCakePosted 1/21/2013 9:58:27 PM
This thread shows that most of our opinions aren't all as extreme as people claim whenever an argument breaks out. Maybe now the board will get along better since we have a reference point for each others' opinions.

...or nothing will change and the trolling and rampant derailings will continue.
#400MoonlightJustPosted 1/21/2013 9:59:47 PM
MoogleCake posted...
This thread shows that most of our opinions aren't all as extreme as people claim whenever an argument breaks out. Maybe now the board will get along better since we have a reference point for each others' opinions.

...or nothing will change and the trolling and rampant derailings will continue.

Man the general consensus could have been the same amongst all of us, and we'd STILL continue the trolling and rampant derailings. Welcome to a Gamefaqs board!