FFXII has the best gameplay pacing in the series.

#11TruthPosted 1/21/2013 6:28:26 PM
It puts more gameplay hours between cutscenes than any other FF.
#2ilikeikeilikeikPosted 1/21/2013 6:51:32 PM
I disagree. Rotating the camera while watching everyone attack is not very fun.
---
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/wenewa/IMG_0296_zps833a9829.jpg
#3hyro56Posted 1/21/2013 6:53:20 PM
Oh boy...
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#4MagiusNecrosPosted 1/21/2013 6:53:46 PM
Nah. That was FF1.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#5SazhOfLandisPosted 1/21/2013 7:00:13 PM
I love FF12 and all, but the pacing was not cool. It really could've used more cutscenes, especially during the travel from Mt Bur Omisace to Arcadia. No one talks during that moment, save for a few scenes in Phon Coast and Sochen Cave. When the party reaches Salikawood and Tchita Uplands, I would've liked to have had a few cutscenes there. Have Penelo talk or something! Anything!
#6heartlessprinnyPosted 1/21/2013 7:01:23 PM
I love FF12 and all, but the pacing was not cool. It really could've used more cutscenes, especially during the travel from Mt Bur Omisace to Arcadia. No one talks during that moment, save for a few scenes in Phon Coast and Sochen Cave. When the party reaches Salikawood and Tchita Uplands, I would've liked to have had a few cutscenes there. Have Penelo talk or something! Anything!

Yeah, that part of the game could have really used some more narrative.
#7ManaYukaPosted 1/21/2013 7:04:25 PM
IMO Hands down FFIX has the greatest pacing, followed closely by FFVI World of Balance.

It was a long trainride in those games of events after events with non-stop story flow.

FFV had the 3rd world beginning being incredibly slowpaced, FFVI had the WOR, FFVII had the chase Sephiroth sequences after Midgar, FFVIII had the Laguna dream sequences, and FFX had the pointless side things like the yuna kidnappings, blitzball tournament and radom sin attacks that sidetracked them for extensive periods.

FFXII and XIII had glaring problems; Too much gameplay for XII(traveling across the entire map sometimes for the story to continue), and too many pointless cutscenes in XIII(all the times the characters randomly stopped for no reason other than to talk).
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
I am not female; Yukanna means "the valiant" in Japanese.
#8TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/21/2013 7:13:49 PM
Yukanna posted...
IMO Hands down FFIX has the greatest pacing, followed closely by FFVI World of Balance.

It was a long trainride in those games of events after events with non-stop story flow.

FFV had the 3rd world beginning being incredibly slowpaced, FFVI had the WOR, FFVII had the chase Sephiroth sequences after Midgar, FFVIII had the Laguna dream sequences, and FFX had the pointless side things like the yuna kidnappings, blitzball tournament and radom sin attacks that sidetracked them for extensive periods.

FFXII and XIII had glaring problems; Too much gameplay for XII(traveling across the entire map sometimes for the story to continue), and too many pointless cutscenes in XIII(all the times the characters randomly stopped for no reason other than to talk).

Those things were not pointless in X.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#91Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 9:08:47 PM
Nope, FFXII has the worst story pacing in the series and therefore the best gameplay pacing. You have hours upon hours of gameplay between each cutscene. The game is masterpiece in gameplay pacing.
#101Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 9:18:11 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
Nah. That was FF1.

Which means that FFXII is the 3D FF that's most true the first FF. Man, people really underrate the game when it actually followed in the footsteps of the first FF.