FFXII has the best gameplay pacing in the series.

#11Neutron15Posted 1/21/2013 8:20:10 PM
i hate the combat system
---
The Cycle Of Hatred Can Never Be Broken
Jigoku , Futakomori , Mitsuganae
#12MoonlightJustPosted 1/21/2013 8:20:47 PM
IF you are focusing and JUST want gameplay, then sure. But XII had these massively long patches were nothing was going on storywise as you politely suggested to your party where to go and let them do everything else. Got kinda boring.
#13RomangeloPosted 1/21/2013 9:00:28 PM
Wyrmhero Blade....
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#14MoogleCakePosted 1/21/2013 9:02:38 PM
MoonlightJust posted...
IF you are focusing and JUST want gameplay, then sure. But XII had these massively long patches were nothing was going on storywise as you politely suggested to your party where to go and let them do everything else. Got kinda boring.

He seems to be coming from the standpoint of someone who wants more gameplay than story, in which case he'd be almost right (FF1 beats out XII in the gameplay-between-cutscenes department). It's definitely not a conventional view. Haha
#15MoonlightJustPosted 1/21/2013 9:06:26 PM
MoogleCake posted...
MoonlightJust posted...

He seems to be coming from the standpoint of someone who wants more gameplay than story, in which case he'd be almost right (FF1 beats out XII in the gameplay-between-cutscenes department). It's definitely not a conventional view. Haha

That's kind of what I figured. And yeah, he's more or less right about that, you have a lot more gameplay in between story elements in XII. Oh man, could you even really count those moments as story in I? *Laughs* They were so brief. "Garland used to be a knight. But for some reason he turned evil and kidnapped the princess. Rescue her!" *Off to kill Garland* "Cool! Bridge is fixed, o' light warriors! Go forth and do hero stuff!" *Cross bridge, cue cool music and quick scene*
#16TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/21/2013 9:34:10 PM
1Truth posted...
Nope, FFXII has the worst story pacing in the series and therefore the best gameplay pacing. You have hours upon hours of gameplay between each cutscene. The game is masterpiece in gameplay pacing.

/groan

Shut up galv.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#17TorgoForeverPosted 1/21/2013 9:38:40 PM
The series should care about finding a balance. That's the expectations for a good FF.
---
MAXIMUM OVEREXPOSITION: http://imgur.com/p8VeC7h
oFFiciAL ToRgO(pOn), wAKaMoToRcyClE. YoR, and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#18TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/21/2013 10:24:08 PM
You should also look up 'pacing' in a dictionary, galvnoob.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#19YamagishiDPosted 1/22/2013 2:20:41 AM
FFXII's combat was paced like a snail making its way across a desert. The fact that me being a part of the battle would just slow it down even more then using the gambit system makes me want to slap my PS2.