CONFIRMED: The Elder Scrolls has surpassed Final Fantasy in CGI movies.

#11TruthPosted 1/22/2013 2:41:46 PM
Wow! The Elder Scrolls has surpassed Final Fantasy in critical acclaim (Skyrim has a 96 on Metacritic, the highest FF score is 94 by FFIX), world scale (Skyrim is 5x the size of FFXII, the most open world FF) and worldwide sales (Skyrim has now sold 12 million worldwide, the highest selling FF is FFVII with 10 million).

Even with all these feats, the WRPG powerhouse series just keeps beating that JRPG dead horse. It has now also passed Final Fantasy in CGI movies. Not even the CGI in FF Versus XIII looks this realistic: Watch the following and marvel at how it's not live-action and how WRPGs are truly the new kings of the RPG genre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNT5cMwxw0
#2Celes--CherePosted 1/22/2013 2:43:02 PM
It's not that good, and the games going to suck anyway.
---
Holy_Banisher
#3BASTARF_15Posted 1/22/2013 2:43:27 PM
So?
#4TorgoForeverPosted 1/22/2013 2:45:34 PM
Enough with the CGI talk! It's just a damned gimmick that serves eye candy for advertising. Gah....
---
MAXIMUM OVEREXPOSITION: http://imgur.com/p8VeC7h
oFFiciAL ToRgO(pOn), wAKaMoToRcyClE. YoR, and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#5TruthsEdgePosted 1/22/2013 2:47:14 PM
It's ok but I kept thinking it is not as good as Final Fantasy XIV Prologue trailer.
---
Miyamoto Meter 9 out of 10
"E3 Legend of Zelda Cosplay"
#61Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 2:52:14 PM
Celes--Chere posted...
It's not that good, and the games going to suck anyway.

The game will still sell more than FFXIV ARR, though. It will be interesting if Elder Scrolls Online and FFXIV ARR launch in the same week. FFXIV ARR will be destroyed in sales. LOL!
#7kupo1705Posted 1/22/2013 2:53:26 PM(edited)
It looks ass, but I signed up for the beta anyway.
#81Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 2:55:00 PM
TruthsEdge posted...
It's ok but I kept thinking it is not as good as Final Fantasy XIV Prologue trailer.

Well, I've seen the FFXIV ARR intro CGI movie and it's not as realistic as this CGI movie for Elder Scrolls Online. It does, have more flashy effects, though, I'll give you that. However, flashy effects do not make a realistic CGI movie. For example, the CGI intro of FFXIII looks amazing in special effects, but the characters look like dolls.
#9Emerald_MeliosPosted 1/22/2013 2:56:03 PM
TorgoForever posted...
Enough with the CGI talk! It's just a damned gimmick that serves eye candy for advertising. Gah....

That reminds me how The Old Republic put up a bunch of fancy CGI trailers.
#10kupo1705Posted 1/22/2013 2:57:31 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
TorgoForever posted...

That reminds me how The Old Republic put up a bunch of fancy CGI trailers.

Those trailers were amazing.

Can't say the same about the game though.