So I started playing FF VI...

#51Celes--CherePosted 1/23/2013 3:07:08 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
FFVI has too many problems to be considered as good as the Lightning saga, let alone better.

Like what?

Whydo you ignore my advices and still talk to this thing?

I'm bored so I'm looking for entertainment, he/she can provide it.
---
Holy_Banisher
#52EscaSyraPosted 1/23/2013 3:08:18 AM
TheProphecies05 posted...
Sorry.. but I'm pretty sure that when the majority of Final Fantasy player base opts towards lesser technology built games as being better, then there is a problem with modern day final fantasy.

The simplistic nature of battle systems 10 and below are far superior than the more action based systems of present day. Present day Final Fantasy is a hybrid of action and rpg elements that obviously should work better, but it just doesn't.

Personally I believe 5-10 are unmatched.

My personal favorite is ff7. followed by ff6...

why?

they established an entity that grows throughout the game that gives you reasoning to want to defeat.

FF7 had a materia system and it worked. The idea of leveling up this materia to get stronger materia was addicting in nature. Sure most of the game was a cake walk as far as difficulty is concerned, but the sequences in which the game was presented was perfect.

FF6 had a system based around the character and their abilities which also worked. Players could establish their favorite by their personality being wrapped into their abilities.

When I look at modern day Final Fantasy 13, Im just reminded of how the new direction is ultimately bad for the company.

I don't agree that much. My favorite battle system is Tactics which is older but XIII is my second favorite. I hated X's but liked VII's. XII's was pretty good. It's all opinions though.
#53FreakonaIeashPosted 1/23/2013 3:11:17 AM
Celes--Chere posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
FFVI has too many problems to be considered as good as the Lightning saga, let alone better.

Like what?

Whydo you ignore my advices and still talk to this thing?

I'm bored so I'm looking for entertainment, he/she can provide it.

True enough.
---
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/181/2/3/Alucard_Grin_by_loonyface.jpg
#54pnpdarrelPosted 1/23/2013 3:15:35 AM
Uh, since when are about a dozen or so people on one forum equal to a "majority of the fans?" Last time I checked, the fan count of in the millions. Not that it matters, seeing as most fans don't goo crazy over which game is objectively better, and instead subjectively look at it.
---
Some people want the the best of the best. Me, I'll take everything that they don't.
#55DragoonGriffithPosted 1/23/2013 3:15:44 AM
This topic is heading in a fun direction.
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.
#56MagiusNecrosPosted 1/23/2013 3:20:50 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibcyO8scpFKXZK.gif
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#57EscaSyraPosted 1/23/2013 3:21:34 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
http://i.minus.com/ibcyO8scpFKXZK.gif

This makes me wish GFAQs had a like button.
#58shinigami_mattPosted 1/23/2013 3:49:57 AM
I phaped
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#59oxnerdPosted 1/23/2013 4:26:10 AM
I thought these two games really complimented each other.
Both are heavily character driven. The best battle systems compared to the other games in the series. And a cool female lead.
I also thought 13 implemented the best aspects of 6 so I don't know why people bother to compare.
Great games in their own right and I thoroughly enjoyed both.
#60King_Shortt_IXPosted 1/23/2013 4:28:58 AM
It really is unfair as the Lightning games come up short with the standards of FF.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.