FFXII was open world, with seamless battles and focused on exploration...

#101OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/23/2013 11:43:33 PM
ragnarokius posted...

I didn't know you could get special options doing that. Or is fast forward in one of the later versions or something?

I can probably fix it manually by adjusting my monitor but bleh. I'm the type who won't play an emulated game if it has even the tiniest most insignificant problem. I just got it (because of this topic, lol) so I haven't messed with it too much yet.

Oh, the fast forward button is in the international zodiac job system version. o.o If you're using an emulator you should really look for that version, it fixes tons of the problems with XII and there is a full english patch for it. :B
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#102TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/23/2013 11:48:13 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
ragnarokius posted...

I didn't know you could get special options doing that. Or is fast forward in one of the later versions or something?

I can probably fix it manually by adjusting my monitor but bleh. I'm the type who won't play an emulated game if it has even the tiniest most insignificant problem. I just got it (because of this topic, lol) so I haven't messed with it too much yet.

Oh, the fast forward button is in the international zodiac job system version. o.o If you're using an emulator you should really look for that version, it fixes tons of the problems with XII and there is a full english patch for it. :B

IZJS is great, but it cannot fix the story and character issues.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#103ragnarokiusPosted 1/23/2013 11:48:26 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
ragnarokius posted...

I could only find an outdated version of it from an easy site. I don't know many other places to look and the ones I do know like to split large downloads into multiple parts and then host them on crappy sites that give you like a 500mb a day limit or some other nonsense.

It was version .19, do you know which you had? Cause I'd rather have that (fully operational) than the US version.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#104OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/23/2013 11:50:17 PM
ragnarokius posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
ragnarokius posted...

I could only find an outdated version of it from an easy site. I don't know many other places to look and the ones I do know like to split large downloads into multiple parts and then host them on crappy sites that give you like a 500mb a day limit or some other nonsense.

It was version .19, do you know which you had? Cause I'd rather have that (fully operational) than the US version.

I'm pretty sure that mine was the latest version. Everything in it is translated. o.o Check your pm's.
---
#105ragnarokiusPosted 1/23/2013 11:50:55 PM
no pms =[
---
#106OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/23/2013 11:52:57 PM
ragnarokius posted...
no pms =[

sorry :o I just sent it now.
---
#107ragnarokiusPosted 1/24/2013 12:05:32 AM
After reading the changes in the International Zodiac Job System version (yikes) there is simply no way I'll play any other version of the game.
---
#108mumpsy21Posted 1/24/2013 2:59:39 AM
T'was the best, at least for me, which makes me wonder, so many people hated XII for that, and SE fixed it by doing the opposite with XIII and people still hated it.

And the gambit system? Awesome. I controlled one person while the other was a magic machine that targeted enemy weakness and the other had a katana that would chain so many combos in one attack.
---
The amount of cringe between Japanese anime trying to speak English, and American VAs trying to dub anime is about equal dontcha think?
#109MalakTawusPosted 1/24/2013 7:24:10 AM
Actually TC i can prove that what you are saying is a complete and enormous BS:
SE has NEVER given up on the open world style like seen in FFXII, infact Versus has always said to be open world and Versus was started way before Xenoblade.

The ONLY reason that SE hasn't produced another open world game like FFXII is NOT because they didn't want to, but it's simply because their main project that is built in that direction encountered several problem in its production, probably because Nomure wants to go a bit overboard for the possibilities in this generation.

Anyway SE has said clearly that not only Versus is not cancelled but that it's also becoming quite amazing, so we'll have that game sooner or later.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#1101Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:16:09 AM
MalakTawus posted...
Actually TC i can prove that what you are saying is a complete and enormous BS:
SE has NEVER given up on the open world style like seen in FFXII, infact Versus has always said to be open world and Versus was started way before Xenoblade.

The ONLY reason that SE hasn't produced another open world game like FFXII is NOT because they didn't want to, but it's simply because their main project that is built in that direction encountered several problem in its production, probably because Nomure wants to go a bit overboard for the possibilities in this generation.

Anyway SE has said clearly that not only Versus is not cancelled but that it's also becoming quite amazing, so we'll have that game sooner or later.

FF Versus XIII will not be open world. It will be like the 2D FF games but in 3D and accurate scale to the characters.