What Made Final Fantasy, "Final Fantasy?" And What It Is Now.

#61ValorZraykPosted 1/26/2013 12:19:28 AM
I'm sorry for enjoying a game that you guys don't like. It was a horrible HORRIBLE thing for me to do. Just so I know how to properly live my life, what music is objectively the best? What is the correct way to dress? Thanks in advance, and have a nice day.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2>11
#62ExtremeLightPosted 1/26/2013 12:34:46 AM
ragnarokius posted...
I can see liking XIII, but one of the best RPGs? That's a joke. It falls flat in almost everything almost every other RPG did.

Perhaps you should say it's one of the best RPGs of it's style, an interactive movie type RPG. Not even hating with that, that would include games like FFX and Xenosaga.

When people say best, they mean of the games they played, not what the general public think.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#63ragnarokiusPosted 1/26/2013 12:50:36 AM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
ragnarokius posted...
I can see liking XIII, but one of the best RPGs? That's a joke. It falls flat in almost everything almost every other RPG did.

Perhaps you should say it's one of the best RPGs of it's style, an interactive movie type RPG. Not even hating with that, that would include games like FFX and Xenosaga.

When people say best, they mean of the games they played, not what the general public think.

That's cool. I'm gonna go ahead and stand by what I said. Assuming he's played any of the previous gen RPGs.

I don't respect that opinion. He has every right not to respect my opinion of his taste in RPGs. It's not a personal dig at him.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#64kingrat2314Posted 1/26/2013 3:46:34 AM
The only thing that ever made Final Fantasy what it is would be the name Final Fantasy.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.
#65King_Shortt_IXPosted 1/26/2013 5:23:15 AM
Nothing is wrong with liking these Lightning Saga games. I don't get it, but to each his or her own.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#66GenocideHeartPosted 1/26/2013 6:35:44 AM
ValorZrayk posted...

2) It's irrelevant that you have a lot of slots in past games (at most only one more than 13), because there was only one piece of equipment a rational person would use. For the leg slot you could choose from Pants A or Pants B which is worse in every way. For the helmet slot you could chose from Helmet A or Helmet B which is worse in every way. Customization requires choice, which there wasn't any in most of the older games. There is no choice in using an item that gives 2 DEF or 1 DEF. Everyone will chose 2 DEF no matter what. 10>13>7>12=2>the rest in terms of choice being involved with equipment.

Except that most lower-def high end accessories and armor had extra effects, which added a layer of strategy for upcoming boss fights. For instance, sure you could use the ultimate allkill accessory that lets you do a googolplex of damage all the time, but if you come up against a boss that spams fire, most people will dump that accessory in favor of a good old rickety Fire Ring that either halves, nulls or absorbs fire, even though their attack takes a hit.

Also, spellcasters and thief types will likely prefer to use the accessory that gives crap defense but useful extra effects, like increased speed, auto-regen, auto-haste and so on. There's never a be-all end-all setup in older FFs, except maybe for the original first three on NES (and the DS/PSP remake of three completely changes even that). Thanks to added effects, raw defense is often overlooked in favor of flexibility, with most savvy players dynamically changing their party setup based on areas.

Only scrubs will aim for raw stats while ignoring everything else.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#67Bronze_StuffPosted 1/26/2013 7:57:15 AM
kingrat2314 posted...
The only thing that ever made Final Fantasy what it is would be the name Final Fantasy.

This is the problem. The lack of consistency and direction is what is making them have problems. They don't know what to do with the series anymore.
---
Jimbo.
#68sicko26usPosted 1/26/2013 11:28:04 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Nothing is wrong with liking these Lightning Saga games. I don't get it, but to each his or her own.

There actually is, if you keep buying these crappy Toriyama stories SE will never know they are crappy and will keep pushing them out the door.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.