I thought FF7 was the best RPG

#131Cloud75xPosted 1/24/2013 11:17:48 AM
Nenjii posted...
If anyone thinks FF7 or 9 are good rpgs, you must either have extremely low standards for rpgs, or have played a total of 2 RPGs in your life, both being FF7 and FF9.

every gamer outside the USA would disagree with you, especially in Japan.
---
"That which does not become part of the one, shall become one with the void."
#132Celes--CherePosted 1/24/2013 11:20:17 AM
Cloud75x posted...
Nenjii posted...
If anyone thinks FF7 or 9 are good rpgs, you must either have extremely low standards for rpgs, or have played a total of 2 RPGs in your life, both being FF7 and FF9.

every gamer outside the USA would disagree with you, especially in Japan.

What makes you say that?
---
Holy_Banisher
#133GhostMaker1988Posted 1/24/2013 11:26:29 AM
Romangelo posted...
It's one of the worst main FF ever.
#134CokaineCowboy77Posted 1/24/2013 11:28:03 AM
Nenjii posted...

>FFVII low standard
>Vandal Hearts 2nd favorite game of all time

lel
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFX>FFIX>FFIV>FFVIII
XIII= S***
#135rpmrnPosted 1/24/2013 11:41:37 AM
UnderratedGamer posted...

DarkSymbiote posted...

It breaks up the flow when so many characters are optional.

Sounds more like a personal problem to me. I liked WoR.

I have to agree with UnderratedGamer. It's impossible to break the flow if it's based on your own choice. You are making the flow. In that regard you have to admit it was a pretty bold move from squaresoft back then.

And even if you don't agree with that, if the character are optional and you think the break the flow, simply don't go after them in WoR.
#136RevenancedPosted 1/24/2013 11:44:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#137atopp399Posted 1/24/2013 11:51:43 AM
VIII is the worst FF of any generation.
#138RevenancedPosted 1/24/2013 11:53:30 AM
Romangelo posted...
It's one of the worst main FF ever.

You think than XII is at the top of the list of FF games? Your opinion is officially moot. Carry on.

I also don't see how people can think that Chrono Trigger is one of the best games they've played. Most people that feel that way havnt played Trigger in years. They have nostalgia goggles on, though it is a good game.

FF7 was a great game. FF9 was a great game, though for different reasons.
---
Currently playing: WoW Private server (Warsong 12x) - https://www.wow-one.com/
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC
#139Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/24/2013 11:57:56 AM
9 is a great one, but I still think 7 has just a little bit of edge over it. This is just me personally. 12 is very close to 7 as well, and above 9 to me. I love the Ivalice world.

-ready for flames-
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#140Fish_Bulb85Posted 1/24/2013 12:02:42 PM
All my opinion, but I figured I would throw in my two cents.

When it comes to the Final Fantasy series as a whole, in my opinion I believe that we all put Final Fantasy 7 on a pedestal, much like some people put LoZ: Ocarina of Time on a pedestal. The reason being is because not only was it a great game, it was the game that popularized the series, and now it has become a milking franchise of its own. Don't get me wrong, I love Final Fantasy 7. I played it at release. I was about 12 or 13 at the time and it was one of the most amazing stories I had ever played. At this point in time, I had already played FF3 (FF6...which I adore to no end) and other great RPG games such as the often referenced Chrono Trigger. I too felt this way until I played FF9.....and hell was it great! (except for the final boss....seriously wtf)

The point of my post is that yes, I loved Final Fantasy 9 more so than part 7. 7 is a great game, but I think people just get too stuck on a nostalgia factor...constantly comparing new games of the series to that one first game that they played as a child, when everything was new and amazing. I have even come across people that will flat out deny that certain games in the series exist because they are so different from the others. Take the Metroid Prime series...would I prefer a side scrolling platform, yes, but it brought new life to the series...and boy was it a great series. People are entitled to their opinion....such as...I hated the FF13s play style, the story was mediocre at best, and no towns or side quests....but that's nothing new these days....but that's my opinion. I know some people who loved it.....but to flat out say its not part of the series is ignorant. Final Fantasy has never been a series that has anything to do with any previous game, unless you count the game sequels or side stories. Story and game play will always make the game, I would still be happy playing again on SNES graphics.