I thought FF7 was the best RPG

#181Celes--CherePosted 1/24/2013 2:03:16 PM
Batcomputer posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
Batcomputer posted...
Jennifer is actually quite the fatty.

I don't think fat people are sought after in any part of the world.

Except maybe in Comic Con.

I see, I see, I wonder whose alt this is...

*points to sig*

The Batman is alt to no one, chubbs.

Probably Val.
---
Holy_Banisher
#182NorkenPosted 1/24/2013 2:05:20 PM
How did Val get suspended?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#183Celes--CherePosted 1/24/2013 2:06:15 PM
Probably calling FireMage a name, like always.
---
Holy_Banisher
#184kupo1705Posted 1/24/2013 2:07:12 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/65266264/732195819
#185Celes--CherePosted 1/24/2013 2:09:27 PM
kupo1705 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/65266264/732195819

Oh man that last sentence, that just makes the whole ban thing hilarious.
---
Holy_Banisher
#186CarpetfluffPosted 1/24/2013 2:10:42 PM
You know what? Bits of 7 are fantastic, but there's a whole chunk in the middle where it just felt like you were travelling for no real reason other than they had 3 new shiny cds to fill. I still think I enjoyed most of the SNES games more overall.
#187TaticalWarriorPosted 1/24/2013 2:36:02 PM
Zidane gets what is probably the best BSOD hero moment in video game possible.
Also, the characters in IX are so lively, they are very likeable. Great locations and a great fanstasy theme.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#188donkeyjackPosted 1/24/2013 2:39:00 PM
It easily has the best cast.
The combat can get a bit tedious, though I didn't mind.
The story sucks, and I'm not a fan of the growth system.
Oh, and Lindblum is the best town in the series.

Then how is it better than FF7?
#189Everfree_FirePosted 1/24/2013 2:47:58 PM
easymodexz posted...
And, the protagonist is too young. IIRC it's the first time they had a kid protagonist. Lame. Felt like I was playing a tryhard version of Mystic Quest.

Isn't Zidane 16?

The protagonists in FFIII are in general younger than that, since it's flatout said that they are children, as I recall. Squall's only a year older, same as Tidus...So is Vaan, for that matter. They must like that age range. 16-21-ish.
#190CTBradumsPosted 1/24/2013 3:14:17 PM
Everfree_Fire posted...
easymodexz posted...
And, the protagonist is too young. IIRC it's the first time they had a kid protagonist. Lame. Felt like I was playing a tryhard version of Mystic Quest.

Isn't Zidane 16?

The protagonists in FFIII are in general younger than that, since it's flatout said that they are children, as I recall. Squall's only a year older, same as Tidus...So is Vaan, for that matter. They must like that age range. 16-21-ish.

Yep. FFIII's protagonists are stated to be kids. I think the oldest one in the group is whatshisname the knight, and even he's supposed to be a teenager.

The general age range for Final Fantasy protagonists is around 18, so...Zidane being in that range means it's not a "kid" protagonist, it's par for the course. I think it's just mistaking the art style as being expected to be realistic. The characters look slightly more cartoonish, because the team wanted to draw back to the Final Fantasy games of yesteryear, when things looked more fantasy-esque and colorful as opposed to being steampunk-ish and bleak.

To the main point, though, IX is an excellent game. The characters are unique, the world is colorful, the gameplay is great, the music is full of masterpieces by Uematsu, and it was just a very well-rounded entry into the series. Kudos to the OP for picking it up and giving it a go, because too many people these days refuse to play classic games and forget how amazing some of them were.