Another XIII sequel? Seriously?!

#31MoogleCakePosted 1/24/2013 6:40:10 PM
MoonlightJust posted...
It is worse then that bad. It is terrible. It redefines awful. And I don't even mean as a Square-Enix game, I mean its just a plain out bad game.

arvilino posted...
Unless you wish to spend a lot of time online in learning as much as you can about the game before you can even utilize it I don't think it's likely you could enjoy it(though I guess it's not impossible to enjoy but that's being extremely lenient).

Playing it straight up can be a nightmare because the mechanics are impenetrable, there are no in-game descriptions(or even in the manual) for attack effects, spell effects, equipment effects and no means to tell when some of them they've been used correctly (for example until I looked it up I literally had no idea what spells like "Detect Aura" or "Magic Lock" actually did),

That's not even getting onto the board game mechanics and look of the game and the use of essentially a slot machine spinner for every action. The dungeon design paired with http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/561939-unlimited-saga/images/gs_screen-87 this sort of super close up view(I can't remember if you can zoom out) despite the incredible simpleness of the out of battle game play graphics(a grey model on a monochrome square) and no mini-map and random chests,monsters,traps makes it really tedious since you don't know where you're supposed to go most the time.

That sounds so unplayably bad I'm almost in disbelief. WOW O_o
#32Iampony1Posted 1/24/2013 7:01:07 PM
Panda_Kun posted...
*facepaw* You're 300 years late.

Reference?
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#3361degreesPosted 1/24/2013 7:03:59 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
Yup. FFXIII is getting a third trilogy and is now making Lightning the focal point of the story, something they should've done in the second game. I know, unbelievable, right?

A third trilogy?? we're only on the first!! lol
#34EpsteinBarrPosted 1/24/2013 7:24:13 PM
61degrees posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...
Yup. FFXIII is getting a third trilogy and is now making Lightning the focal point of the story, something they should've done in the second game. I know, unbelievable, right?

A third trilogy?? we're only on the first!! lol

I meant FFXIII is now a trilogy...>.>