The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

By far the worst Final Fantasy main character ever

#1NorkenPosted 1/24/2013 12:12:43 PM(edited)
Cloud from FF7. The dude does not change. Even in advent children he's still the same.

This is why I like Squall from FF8. He actually changes throughout the game and becomes a better character. It's one of the reasons why FF8 is my favorite and FF7 is at the bottom of my top five. I think Cloud's lack of change is the reason why Lightning's character comes off so dull. She's the female version of one of the dullest characters in all of the Final Fantasies.

If they had modeled her after Squall or Zidane this game would be a whole lot better and wouldn't need multiple consoles just to sell. I mean FF7-X sold millions of copies while only being available on 1 Console. It took FF-13 multiple consoles just do that.

If Enix wants to get back on the ball they need to make their main characters more entertaining and not a dull douchebag with a cool infinity plus one sword. It's so obvious to gamers yet so elusive to Squeenix.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#2Vaanelo99Posted 1/24/2013 12:15:23 PM
Norken posted...
Cloud from FF7. The dude does not change. Even in advent children he's still the same.

The #1 reason he's hated is BECAUSE he changed. Ever since AC his mopey personality is all we've seen.
#3Cammy_7Posted 1/24/2013 12:16:02 PM
if she was modeled after zidane, shed say oooh soft to caius bum.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YBAryUX8K4
#4dils-dPosted 1/24/2013 12:16:04 PM
Cloud was kind of a wuss in VII.
---
Though I may look the same way to you
Underneath there is somebody new
#5FireMage7777Posted 1/24/2013 12:18:31 PM
That OP lowered my IQ with its horribleness
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
Don't tell my stalker I'm here!!!
#6Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:19:51 PM
Vaanelo99 posted...
Norken posted...

The #1 reason he's hated is BECAUSE he changed. Ever since AC his mopey personality is all we've seen.

He was mopey in FF7
---
#7Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:20:41 PM
FireMage7777 posted...

Obvious troll is obvious!
---
#8ZaigouPosted 1/24/2013 12:22:21 PM
Cloud was hardly "whiny" in VII. Especially since he modeled his personality at the start of the game by imitating Zack. At his worst, he had a mental breakdown when he discovered the truth about who he was and what he knew, but ultimately did the right thing and mellowed out. Seriously, re-play VII for the 100th time like I do. You'll be surprised how non-angsty he is for the most part.

Advent Children saw to essentially ruin that by making him perpetually frown, mope and brood (though he DOES have a decent reason to be mopey while under the effects of Geostigma). Still kicks ass once he gets his act together.
---
PSN: Luminos564. ~And now for: Card games....ON MOTORCYCLES.~
#9FireMage7777Posted 1/24/2013 12:23:04 PM
Norken posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Obvious troll is obvious!

Exactly, you should stop posting
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
Don't tell my stalker I'm here!!!
#10zodiac_swordPosted 1/24/2013 12:23:26 PM
Norken posted...
The dude does not change.

http://youtu.be/FopyRHHlt3M
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?