By far the worst Final Fantasy main character ever

#71Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:39:00 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
Norken posted...
heartlessprinny posted...
Why do people think a character needs to change to be good? It's why we constantly get cheesy cliches like the cold hearted man warms up thanks to the pure hearted person (*cough*Squall*cough*). What makes a good character is a well written character, with believable motives and dialogue.

They don't need to change if they are already awesome like the original Dante from Devil May Cry 1-4.

I believe Cloud is dull. Others disagree.

This is Gamefaqs where opinions are argued about like a courtroom drama.

But one of the first things you said about Cloud was that he doesn't change, meaning that you believe that to be a fault with the character. He was merely changing isn't what makes a character good.

I still see him as a douche with an infinity plus one sword. That is what I mean about not changing. I still see him as the same guy with the same emotions. Maybe expressed in a different way but he seems to me to be the same guy.

Now if he was cool before than he would not have to change, but I don't see him as cool. I see him as a dull douche with an infinity plus one sword
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#72justdontaskPosted 1/24/2013 3:37:00 PM
Light was modeled after Cloud? ehh fair enough... but most of the cutscenes shes in, its either talking for storyline purposes, or shes kicking ass... the "nice gun" scene, or the attack on eden scene (my favorite, because everyone but Vanille is kicking ass)...

however, Light does change... chapter 3, she floors Snow 3 times... chapter 4 in the Vile Peaks, she tells Hope to go away, then Odin comes out to say "dont say that, you need him more than he needs you" but she doesnt know that... by the end of the game she realizes that she needed the help of all 5 of the others just to get everything done that she needed to do to save Serah and Cocoon... she doesnt knock Snow to floor every time he talks, she doesnt try to go it alone....

tl;dr Light changes throughout the game, Cloud not nearly as much...
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#73InnerscopePosted 1/24/2013 3:39:42 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here, and watch the ****storm fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKxAujA382E

PS: Video is probably NSFW
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#74EpsteinBarrPosted 1/24/2013 3:48:58 PM
Play FFVII again. Cloud went through a complete change (don't bring the s*** stain that's AC into this). He went from an arrogant douche to a nice, rather dorky guy. The real Cloud is the latter, not the former. The only thing that changed with Squall is he became a love-obsessed pansy.
#75Shishio07Posted 1/24/2013 3:56:44 PM
FF6 didn't really have a main character because you could switch out everyone whenever you want, but Terra was a pretty boring character. Cloud in my opinion is a pretty good character, at least he's got some dimension. Now Squall is a character that is just mopey all the damn time. All the characters from IX are just goofy. Tidus was a good character, its just that most of FFX's story had nothing to do with him. Same with Vaan except Vaan is also a terrible character. Lightning and FFXIII on the whole I just don't care for.
#76EpsteinBarrPosted 1/24/2013 4:19:41 PM
Innerscope posted...
I'm just gonna leave this here, and watch the ****storm fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKxAujA382E

PS: Video is probably NSFW

We all know when it comes to Sephiroth, Aerith, and Tifa, Sephiroth will always win.
#77JudgeNoahPosted 1/24/2013 4:22:57 PM
IMO its a tie between Cloud and Tidus
---
"Outta my way!"
Lightning
#78blitz_0623Posted 1/24/2013 4:23:37 PM
He's not the best FF MC, but he's definitely not the worst. That title belongs to Vaan, if you even consider him as an FF MC.

As for best, I really don't have one, but Cloud is def on my top 3. Squall takes the cake though. Whole game was really about him.
#79TriangleHardPosted 1/24/2013 4:37:26 PM
this topic is beyond stupid.

Cloud is a character that goes through biggest change in the series. Not change, more like trasformation, and he goes through such change at least 4 times in ff7, with one huge transformation
#80hyro56Posted 1/24/2013 4:52:08 PM
Geez.guise.

You all should know better then to feed the trolls.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.