Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After

#111minime_senPosted 2/3/2013 7:34:06 AM
MalakTawus posted...

I wouldn't exactly define those 3 entities as "rules of nature" since, like you also underlined, their actions follow their will (they actually have their own reasons for doing certain things).....but i agree that it's nonsense to judge their actions since those are actions of "true gods" and so follow their very particular point of view......not to mention that it's especially moronic imo to judge their action when we still don't know the whole "picture".
An example that i did in the past infact is that imo it's dumb to say that Etro's action were a mistake since we actually don't know what would havew happened without those actions and also we don't know how Lightning's story will end. For all we know it's possible that Etro acted that way because she already knew what Lightning was destined to do in the future.

Also a little consieration: i'd say that Etro was a real goddess, not just a "high Fal'Cie" since Mwynn gave her her powers.

No, I didn't mean the God/Goddesses are the Rules themselves. I meant that "the rules of nature" were born from them and their actions. What they did, have affected how the forces of nature in FFXIII flow.

And as we know, the rules of nature are absolute. We don't question them. We don't judge them. They just...happened.
Ex: Freeing Serah and L'cies out of "kindness" is merely a description, so that we human can understand and sympathize. Etro's actions were a part of her nature as a lesser Goddess. As in, Etro had a bond with her creation that caused her to *automatically* do what she did regardless of circumstances (that She must had known herself). In fact, Etro, Bhunivelze and Mwynn have *no* emotion or feelings that we can understand at all. They are beyond out judgement. With them, there's no right and wrong. There's no stupid or intelligent. There's no morality we can understand. There's no explanation needed for their actions. Things happened because of them? We human accept and deal with it, because we are their creations, just like how we accept and deal with what the nature has given us or taken from us. That's all.

But what makes it different from our own world, the human in FFXIII have something called chaos that allows them to perform miracles or interact with beings from higher realm.
Human CAN NOT kill or defeat the God/Goddess, but they sure CAN change the tide of nature, rewrite the rules of the God/Goddesses, AND change their fates, which is what this whole series is all about.
First, it was Fang and Vanille, next was Caius and Lightning, and now, Lightning will be the one who will close the chapter to "human vs fate" (and that's why it's wrong to call Light a Goddess, because she needs to be a human to perform such feat).
#112minime_senPosted 2/3/2013 7:38:25 AM
Hakurou posted...
Back everyone. Sorry had a cold... I'll try to translate as much as I can.

I can't thank you enough, Hakurao. Glad that you're feeling better now. Your translation is the only reason why I even visit this hateboard to be honest...
#113minime_senPosted 2/3/2013 7:42:48 AM
"In that instant she understood why time was broken in Valhalla and why her five senses were so vague: it was because the Goddess had no use for time or senses. Because she was a human, Lightning could barely differentiate the future or the past, but
the Goddess is probably not differentiating them. She was seeing and hearing everything at the same time. Conversely, the Goddess was just seeing as if it was an accepted routine and felt that there were things that she would never comprehend."

This paragraph above pretty much accentuates my opinion that the Goddesses and God in FFXIII are beyond our comprehension, and shouldn't be treated as if they are human. Our worldly affairs, lives and deaths are apparently just parts of the normalities to them.

I agree with everyone that all these should have been -at least- included in the database. SE seriously deserves all the bashing they got for not including these in the game in exchange for more profits.
#114chaosflame108Posted 2/3/2013 11:59:41 AM
Hmm...i wonder.

"Chaos Yeul" is seen enveloped in chaotic mist.

The opening of 13-2 shows Caius setting Yeul in the sea of Chaos. Could it be? O___o
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#115Elice_CarolPosted 2/3/2013 12:23:18 PM
Hmm...i wonder.

The opening of 13-2 shows Caius setting Yeul in the sea of Chaos. Could it be? O___o

Actually, no. Whenever a Yeul dies, her soul is sent back to Valhalla to be reborn again.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#116NecronmonPosted 2/3/2013 12:25:41 PM
Well, seeing this stufff makes for one jarring question. The Question that is why the F@#$# is THIS stuff not in the game while we have pointless nonsense for half the game? This is what happens when you rush games I guess, unless some idiots on Square thought this was better off in books compared to, random monster hunts over and over, ugh.
#117gunbladeuserPosted 2/3/2013 12:28:30 PM
I agree. This information solves so many of the plot holes and inconsistencies of the FFXIII. Knowing all this I would say the FFXIII plot is one of the best. They should have incorporated more of this in. In addition to the datalog they could have done visual novel segments like in Lost Odyssey and Nier.
---
Official "Moguna" of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
3ds FC: 2363 5862 4023 Nathan
#118hyro56Posted 2/3/2013 12:29:43 PM
Necronmon posted...
Well, seeing this stufff makes for one jarring question. The Question that is why the F@#$# is THIS stuff not in the game while we have pointless nonsense for half the game? This is what happens when you rush games I guess, unless some idiots on Square thought this was better off in books compared to, random monster hunts over and over, ugh.

Everyone else here is wondering the same thing.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#119Destroyer_MagePosted 2/3/2013 12:46:59 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
Hmm...i wonder.

So you think Mwynn used that Yeul's body as her "vessel"?
---
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
#120Elice_CarolPosted 2/3/2013 12:57:30 PM
Ugh, if people are going to discuss Fragments After they shouldn't use it as a reason to piss on SE even further. If you're not going to discuss what goes on in the stories, why don't you kindly get the hell out?

So you think Mwynn used that Yeul's body as her "vessel"?

It could happen, could you describe what happened to Yeul's body as being consumed by chaos?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/