Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After

#131chaosflame108Posted 2/4/2013 2:24:20 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
This topic has blown my mind. How difficult would it have been to just add these into the datalog?

Proving my point further. Ignore the games entirely, I want to discuss the story!

Let's talk about the story then. Have you read the summaries?

What did you think of Snow's story? Simply tragic in my opinion.

Cactuar is quite the friendly Falcie isn't it? It gives Snow a choice to become a L'cie, and then goes even farther to personalize his focus exclusively for Snow. O__o
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#132Elice_CarolPosted 2/4/2013 2:38:07 PM
I'm surprised Cactuar was able to exist in the Void Beyond, considering that fal'Cie are forbidden to traverse time. I'd have loved to have seen more of the critter, maybe in the Sunleth Waterscape making sarcastic remarks about Snow's heroism?

But I agree, Snow's story is pretty tragic, especially considering that he knows what's gonna happen to Serah but at that point still believed with all his heart that he could save her. I wonder though, why didn't he crystallize after fighting the Mutantomato with Serah? Was the "fated battle" he was meant to fight alongside Serah the one against Caius? Will his section of the story (as translated by Haku) go into detail as to why he can't leave the Coliseum, and what the "fated battle" is?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#133hyro56Posted 2/4/2013 2:48:20 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
Is it wrong to want to know your comments on the stories?

I enjoyed both stories. Yuel's didn't give us much other than some small details. Lightning's was interesting. A nice expansion on her first visit to Valhalla. Looking forward to Snow's and Alyssa's stories.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#134Lelouch71Posted 2/4/2013 3:02:16 PM
Yeah some of that stuff should had been in the game. But let's honest most books are vastly superior to video games in story. Video games story are average compare to a well written novel.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#135Elice_CarolPosted 2/4/2013 3:13:48 PM
Yeah some of that stuff should had been in the game. But let's honest most books are vastly superior to video games in story. Video games story are average compare to a well written novel.

A well written novel is better because there's only one variable to focus on, the text itself. Alongside the plot, game developers also have to focus on stuff like music, gameplay, graphics, blahblahblah.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
#136chaosflame108Posted 2/4/2013 3:40:51 PM
But I agree, Snow's story is pretty tragic, especially considering that he knows what's gonna happen to Serah but at that point still believed with all his heart that he could save her. I wonder though, why didn't he crystallize after fighting the Mutantomato with Serah? Was the "fated battle" he was meant to fight alongside Serah the one against Caius? Will his section of the story (as translated by Haku) go into detail as to why he can't leave the Coliseum, and what the "fated battle" is?

Yeah I'm very interested in this. Maybe the "Fated Battled" is the battle that will take place in "Returns(assuming there is a battle)."

The datalog mentions the 13th ark will be the armory for the "Warriors that fight the war that must be fought."

Snow foresaw Serah's death, this inspired him to become a L'cie. After defeating Parodox Flan, Snow seeks out the coliseum. He obviously goes there to become stronger, but why? Shouldn't his task have already been completed(his personal goal, not his focus)?

The Coliseum is in the void beyond, and should be free of the effects of Chaos warping time. Snow himself decided to go there, but the Chaos Yeul(who many speculate to be Mynn) prevents him from leaving. I speculate this was in order to spare Snow the effects of the ensuing chaos that would "warp" everything.

These are just some thoughts I had, I'm afraid I'm too lazy to try and connect it with Mynn/Bhuni and the rest of the mythology. :P
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#137hyro56Posted 2/4/2013 4:35:32 PM
Read the tidbits on the FF wiki surrounding Alyssa;s story. I can't wait to find out what method she tried to use to kill Hope.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#138Lelouch71Posted 2/4/2013 4:44:59 PM
Elice_Carol posted...

A well written novel is better because there's only one variable to focus on, the text itself. Alongside the plot, game developers also have to focus on stuff like music, gameplay, graphics, blahblahblah.

Exactly most of the stuff in the FA probably would had been condensed if added in the game. A book allows the writer to go into futher details without having to worry about the extra fluff.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#139Elice_CarolPosted 2/5/2013 3:03:36 AM
Let's say the fated battle was against Caius in Valhalla (I mean, why would Cactuar give Snow such a Focus if Serah was gonna die beforehand?), would that mean that Snow's focus was overridden by Shadow Yeul? If so, that implies that her power extends beyond that of the fal'Cie, sticking her firmly in jaysus bollocks she is Mwynn territory.
---
#140jimrichardsPosted 2/5/2013 3:17:33 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
jaysus bollocks

DohohohohohowhyamIlaughingatthis
---
I would prefer to be known as BlackWaltzTheThird, or just Waltz for short.
Official Froakie of the Pokemon X boards.