Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After

#171Elice_CarolPosted 2/6/2013 3:16:57 PM
He moved on from Yeul's death because he knew they'd meet again. remember his Yeul's final vision that, among scenes of him that occurred in the game previously included them hugging in what looked like the Archylte Steppe?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#172Rude HeroPosted 2/6/2013 3:25:23 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
He moved on from Yeul's death because he knew they'd meet again. remember his Yeul's final vision that, among scenes of him that occurred in the game previously included them hugging in what looked like the Archylte Steppe?

Right, right. Thanks I do remember that! Noel and Yeul are far from over in XIII-3 then. Well they better be, I don't want to see some quick scene of them hugging at the end >.<

OR to have it detailed fully in a novel or some such. I'd much prefer to have it all covered in game. Sometimes guessing like this really gets on my bewbs,
---
Live thine life, as thou seest fit.
#173LadysoalluringPosted 2/6/2013 3:30:37 PM
Umm I could be wrong since it's been a while since I've played the game but doesn't Caius shed tears over her too like in the opening where he lays her gently to rest in the water and also when Flower Yeul dies as well, and he lays her flower with her before lifting her in his arms, I don't remember but I don't think Noel/Serah saw those events?, so I don't think he had an ulterior motive there. Well personally I think he does genuinely care for the Yeuls though it wouldn't surprise me if he did want others to know how much he'd suffered as well due to what Etro did. After all Caius might have started out with the best of intentions like when he saved Paddra Nsu Yeul but after all he's been through it's not surprising he became less moralistic with regards to some things. Hey well I love the Heart of Chaos ending as well. I'm interested to see what happens in L:R as well since I think I read somewhere that Noel had been corrupted by Chaos too, if that's true might be interesting.
---
Official "Vanille" of the Dissidia Duodecim boards
#174Rude HeroPosted 2/6/2013 3:56:22 PM
Ladysoalluring posted...
Umm I could be wrong since it's been a while since I've played the game but doesn't Caius shed tears over her too like in the opening where he lays her gently to rest in the water and also when Flower Yeul dies as well, and he lays her flower with her before lifting her in his arms, I don't remember but I don't think Noel/Serah saw those events?, so I don't think he had an ulterior motive there. Well personally I think he does genuinely care for the Yeuls though it wouldn't surprise me if he did want others to know how much he'd suffered as well due to what Etro did. After all Caius might have started out with the best of intentions like when he saved Paddra Nsu Yeul but after all he's been through it's not surprising he became less moralistic with regards to some things. Hey well I love the Heart of Chaos ending as well. I'm interested to see what happens in L:R as well since I think I read somewhere that Noel had been corrupted by Chaos too, if that's true might be interesting.

Oh yeah, I've no doubts Caius shed tears for Yeul, I just don't believe they are as sincere as Noel's.
He has become so warped and intrusive in his quest to save the Yeuls, it seems like he vitually dismisses the fact that they have prophecised visions, they know the outcome. Also as Elice said, Noel's Yeul has a vision with the two of them, no Caius?

That said regardless of what is speculated I suppose ultimately, everyone has to play their parts, even if it does include Caius being a douche in order to achieve what is hopefully, a decent end.

I worry slightly XIII-3 may skim over alot of what was learned through 2, but I desperately hope this wont be the case, it just seems like a huge depature now, still I will continue to read the speculations on here and hopefully, hopefully these fragments will fill some voids, for there are many!
---
Live thine life, as thou seest fit.
#175roxas9001Posted 2/6/2013 8:24:18 PM
Even later on, she saw that the man she was fighting, this mother-like figure she had grown attached to, was her guardian, her Caius Ballad. Yeul wished the woman well.

So Caius was the mom to a Yeul.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#176gunbladeuserPosted 2/6/2013 8:35:16 PM
I never really viewed Caius as a villian. I heard guardian and immediately thought FFX or Tales of the Abyss. The guardians are willing to do anything, even defy governments, religion, and the world itself. Caius is devoted.
---
Official "Moguna" of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
3ds FC: 2363 5862 4023 Nathan
#177Destroyer_MagePosted 2/7/2013 1:53:16 AM
Quick question: is "Flower Yeul" the same Yeul that's in the opening of XIII-2? IIRC I saw the Yeul in the opening with a flower so it would be cool if its the same Yeul.
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man. -Balthier
#178Destroyer_MagePosted 2/7/2013 1:54:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#179ayalorenPosted 2/7/2013 2:02:41 AM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
Quick question: is "Flower Yeul" the same Yeul that's in the opening of XIII-2? IIRC I saw the Yeul in the opening with a flower so it would be cool if its the same Yeul.

Flower Yeul is the 200 AF Yeul we meet in Oerba and Augusta Tower.
---
Isn't a hand just a hand?
#180FtpkornPosted 2/7/2013 2:11:05 AM
Rude Hero posted...
Ladysoalluring posted...

Oh yeah, I've no doubts Caius shed tears for Yeul, I just don't believe they are as sincere as Noel's.
He has become so warped and intrusive in his quest to save the Yeuls, it seems like he vitually dismisses the fact that they have prophecised visions, they know the outcome. Also as Elice said, Noel's Yeul has a vision with the two of them, no Caius?

That said regardless of what is speculated I suppose ultimately, everyone has to play their parts, even if it does include Caius being a douche in order to achieve what is hopefully, a decent end.

I worry slightly XIII-3 may skim over alot of what was learned through 2, but I desperately hope this wont be the case, it just seems like a huge depature now, still I will continue to read the speculations on here and hopefully, hopefully these fragments will fill some voids, for there are many!

I doubt a badass like Caius would cry just for the hell of it in insincerity...much easier for Noel to cry.
---
Lightning Farron Warrior Goddess' true #1 Fan
HAHAHAHAHA KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!