Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After

#231Elice_CarolPosted 2/9/2013 4:51:20 AM
Excuse me for having an off week.

>implying I should've known that

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/3%20Times%20The%20Crap/shi.gif
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#232_Dim_Posted 2/9/2013 6:47:32 AM
Thanks Haku,

"Etro, who did nothing but serve as a spectator, tried to imitate their birthing of Fal'Cie by harming her own body. She thought, just as their power took on another form and became a new l'Cie, her blood would possibly give birth to something."

Anyway, I don't understand why she mentioned līCie here. They weren't supposed to exist back then. Maybe she was talking about the fal'Cie created by Pulse and Lindzei.
#233Elice_CarolPosted 2/9/2013 7:40:00 AM
Considering that Pulse, Etro and Lindzei are fal'Cie themselves, you could say that the fal'Cie they created and tasked are l'Cie to them, just like how they are l'Cie to Bhunivelze. Fal'Cie are the manipulators and l'Cie are the marionettes.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
#234chatte_noirPosted 2/9/2013 9:08:46 AM
I personally think that looking at the whole picture, the fal'Cie were somewhat jealous of the humans.
#235Hakurou(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:35:05 AM
_Dim_ posted...
Thanks Haku,

"Etro, who did nothing but serve as a spectator, tried to imitate their birthing of Fal'Cie by harming her own body. She thought, just as their power took on another form and became a new l'Cie, her blood would possibly give birth to something."

Anyway, I don't understand why she mentioned līCie here. They weren't supposed to exist back then. Maybe she was talking about the fal'Cie created by Pulse and Lindzei.

Dim is correct, Pulse and Lindzei created Fal'Cie. Made a mistake translating, sorry.
#236Hakurou(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:42:19 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
No offense, Hakurou, but are you sure you didn't mistranslate that line?

The line reads like this in romaji "Hito to chigatte farushi ni wa kanjyou ga nai"

Hito to chigatte- Unlike humans

Farushi ni wa kanjyou ga nai- Fal'Cie do not have emotions

No offense taken whatsoever.^^
#237Hakurou(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:55:04 AM
pg 54

Etro was the spitting image of Mwynn. She could not see the Goddess' face; however, she understood: Bhunivelze hated Etro, who had the same form as his mother. Abandoned by Mwynn, Etro was alone in Valhalla as well. She could not comprehend that she was alone. No one was there to think of her or talk to her.

Once, a small thing came to Valhalla; an unknown thing from the world where Etro had lived previously. It was the first human, whom Lindze made from the blood that Etro left behind: a petite girl of silver hair and purple eyes. Just as Bhunivelze had unconsciously created a Fal'Cie who resembled his mother, Lindzei too created the first human who was akin to a goddess (the goddess?). She had soon after died and her body rotted; only her soul and spirit (spirit meaning things like emotions, intellect, will etc) had reached Valhalla. Her spirit had fallen, becoming unstuck from her soul and scattered, leaving only her soul. Etro loved that little soul. This soul was the first entity in Valhalla that drove away her feeling of loneliness. Before long, more little things came. These were the humans that Lindzei was creating. But, they were engulfed by Valhalla's chaos and disappeared, leaving no soul or spirit. Only the first girl's soul continued to wander throughout Valhalla without ever disappearing; the only soul that differed from the others. An entity that could do naught but wander around Valhalla. As if seeing herself in this soul, Etro pitied the girl's soul and returned her to the world from whence she came saying "return to the others."

Etro felt deep affection for the souls that disappeared following their arrival. Just as humans admire flowers, just as they enjoy gazing at butterflies flutter between flowers while listening to the songs of little birds, Etro cherished these little things (the verb used here denotes loving or cherishing things that one deems lower than himself/herself). She blessed the first little thing, the girl, freely. Her soul was born again, inhabiting a new body with a new spirit. And like other humans she would return to Valhalla upon the end of her short life. But she, who was the first human, was incomplete, as one would expect, and her pure (?) soul was left behind in Valhalla. Etro returned her to the world in which she previously lived and she began her third life.

As if she was not compatible with the chaos of Valhalla, no matter how many times she was born again, no matter how many times she died, she would not dissolve into Chaos, being left behind. Etro tried a great many times to return the girl to the others. She believed without a doubt that living among her friends/comrades would be something joyous for that soul. Etro would not suspect that there would be someone who would loathe this endless rebirth. She also did not expect that this girl she had favored would be the spark for war among humans. This girl, who had unexpectedly received a vantage point that exceeded time (the ability to see the future, I guess), was called a seeress and she was always in the center of war. No matter how many times she was reborn, people would always be at war around her and she would always encounter hatred. Her words spurred them onward. There were always people who used her even though they did not necessarily hate her. People killed each other and much blood flowed. She lamented this and lived her life away from the public. The good will that Etro, who did not understand sadness or loneliness, showed her compelled her to grieve and isolate herself. Etro did not understand this. She could not understand this.
#238HAAH_WAAWPosted 2/9/2013 12:32:09 PM(edited)
Thank you, Hakurou.

MEGATON! It seems the Eyes of Etro are not actually granted by Etro. Maybe the ability to see the future is a side-effect of Etro returning Yeul's soul to the Visible World?
#239Elice_CarolPosted 2/9/2013 12:29:55 PM
Unless I'm interpreting this incorrectly, it seems the Eyes of Etro are not actually granted by Etro. Maybe the ability to see the future is a side-effect of Etro returning Yeul's soul to the Visible World?

Perhaps it is, but what about Serah's ability to see the future?

Also, doesn't Yeul have green eyes and not purple, or is the Japanese for green and purple interchangeable? Oh well, thanks for the translations Haku. :D
---
#240ayalorenPosted 2/9/2013 12:33:20 PM
Poor Yeul... It's nice to get some understanding to her existence. Although I'm not sure if Yeul is supposed to be an image of the popular theory Mwynn, or Lindzei herself. If Lindzei is female at all.

I wonder why the first Yeul had silver hair and purple eyes, while the rest have green eyes and bluish hair.
---
We can burn out like candles under that paper moon.