Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After
2 years ago#241
Elice_Carol posted...
Perhaps it is, but what about Serah's ability to see the future?

A side-effect of her outfit change? lol

I hope P&W solves this mystery.
2 years ago#242
HAAH_WAAW posted...
Thank you, Hakurou.

MEGATON! It seems the Eyes of Etro are not actually granted by Etro. Maybe the ability to see the future is a side-effect of Etro returning Yeul's soul to the Visible World?

It's in the datalog. All humans possess the potential to use the "eye's of Etro(see into the future)." It just depends on how in tune they are with their inner chaos.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
2 years ago#243
chaosflame108 posted...
It's in the datalog. All humans possess the potential to use the "eye's of Etro(see into the future)." It just depends on how in tune they are with their inner chaos.

You see, I thought I read something like that, but I wasn't able to find it on the FF Wiki.. Do you remember which datalog entry/fragment states this?

I think I found it.

Yeul's Confessions
--------------------------------------
The part we humans call 'soul' is a gift of the goddess. In all our hearts flickers a small piece of the chaos of Valhalla.

From Valhalla, you can see every age, every timeline. I see the future because Valhalla lives in my heart. The Eyes of Etro is not a unique gift, reserved for the special. Every human who claims a soul can gaze into the future.
(edited by HAAH_WAAW)
2 years ago#244
Really now. How come nobody other than Yeul and Serah have done so?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
2 years ago#245
Because the Chaos is strong with them!
2 years ago#246
It makes sense, Elice. Yeul was the first human and was flawed, and Serah isn't exactly bright.

I don't know why, plot reasons.
---
We can burn out like candles under that paper moon.
2 years ago#247
Poor Yeul... It's nice to get some understanding to her existence. Although I'm not sure if Yeul is supposed to be an image of the popular theory Mwynn, or Lindzei herself. If Lindzei is female at all.

Think about this: Why was Lindzei creating humanity from Etro's blood? Perhaps she was saddened by the loss of her sister, and decided to mold one little being into her shape. Thus, Yeul was born, but seeing that she may become lonely Lindzei may have decided to create more beings, and from Etro's blood humanity soon sprang.

If Yeul looks like Etro, and Etro looks like Mwynn, then by proxy Yeul looks like Mwynn.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
2 years ago#248
"Really now. How come nobody other than Yeul and Serah have done so?"

Lightning and the others received a vision of the future after becoming l'Cie. Also, when they turned into Cie'th, they were dreaming about being reunited together. Maybe l'Cie have more chaos inside than normal humans, I don't know.

And thanks again for the translations Hakurou. Yeul was made in Etro's image then?
2 years ago#249
Lightning and the others received a vision of the future after becoming l'Cie. Also, when they turned into Cie'th, they were dreaming about being reunited together. Maybe l'Cie have more chaos inside than normal humans, I don't know.

And thanks again for the translations Hakurou. Yeul was made in Etro's image then?

You mean, the fal'Cie didn't give them that vision so they could have an idea about what their Focus was? l'Cie usually get their Focus given to them as their manipulators see them as a means to an end, so that was probably Anima's (or Barthy's) way.
---
2 years ago#250
"You mean, the fal'Cie didn't give them that vision so they could have an idea about what their Focus was? l'Cie usually get their Focus given to them as their manipulators see them as a means to an end, so that was probably Anima's (or Barthy's) way."

Yes, I forgot about that. The vision is identical to the ending, though.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived