Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After

#251hyro56Posted 2/9/2013 7:38:49 PM
Are there other translations our there? Where are you guys finding this stuff about Alyssa and Snow?
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#252Elice_CarolPosted 2/10/2013 6:28:32 AM
Bumping for great justice.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#253kate08Posted 2/10/2013 7:11:50 AM
Just as Bhunivelze had unconsciously created a Fal'Cie who resembled his mother, Lindzei too created the first human who was akin to a goddess (the goddess?)

so this confirms BH Yeul theory, as Yeul was made in the image of Etro and so would look like Mywnn. i know we worked it out earlier but its cannon now.

not all Fal'cie have emotions if we are talking about the Pulse and Sanctum Fal'cie then the only one who shows emotion is Barthandlus because he was created with them, mainly because his role invloved interacting with humans. i dont recall Kajata showing emotions, the other fal'cie seem like machines given a purpose. Etro on the other hand had human like emotions but didnt know what she was experiancing like a child wouldnt now how to explain how they felt.

there is alot of interesting information coming out like a better explianation on how Lindzei created humans. it seems we were created from parts of its body but Lindzei and Pulse healed or regenerated these parts where as Etro accidently killed herself trying to copy this process. i think Etro is very childlike and this is why she messing things up, she means well but because she doesnt precieve things in the same way as a mature Deity like Mywnn would. she doent see the consequences her actions cause this reminds me of how the first Yeuls would tell people her visions only to cause wars.
#254Elice_CarolPosted 2/10/2013 7:49:08 AM
Just as Bhunivelze had unconsciously created a Fal'Cie who resembled his mother, Lindzei too created the first human who was akin to a goddess (the goddess?)

so this confirms BH Yeul theory, as Yeul was made in the image of Etro and so would look like Mywnn. i know we worked it out earlier but its cannon now.

not all Fal'cie have emotions if we are talking about the Pulse and Sanctum Fal'cie then the only one who shows emotion is Barthandlus because he was created with them, mainly because his role invloved interacting with humans. i dont recall Kajata showing emotions, the other fal'cie seem like machines given a purpose. Etro on the other hand had human like emotions but didnt know what she was experiancing like a child wouldnt now how to explain how they felt.

there is alot of interesting information coming out like a better explianation on how Lindzei created humans. it seems we were created from parts of its body but Lindzei and Pulse healed or regenerated these parts where as Etro accidently killed herself trying to copy this process. i think Etro is very childlike and this is why she messing things up, she means well but because she doesnt precieve things in the same way as a mature Deity like Mywnn would. she doent see the consequences her actions cause this reminds me of how the first Yeuls would tell people her visions only to cause wars.

If she looked akin to a goddess, then it's true, Lindzei created Yeul in their sister's image, and thus in Mwynn's image.
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/3%20Times%20The%20Crap/didiwin.gif

Also, it would definitely make sense if Barthandelus and Orphan showed emotions. Look at all the other fal'Cie, none of them even look capable of expressing emotions as they have no face. Atomos is just a giant wrecking ball for all we care.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
#255_Dim_Posted 2/10/2013 10:19:17 AM
Fal'cie are like animals. They feel emotions, but can't understand them.
#256Elice_CarolPosted 2/10/2013 1:30:29 PM
Fal'cie are like animals. They feel emotions, but can't understand them.

I'm sure Barthy could understand his "release."
---
#257chaosflame108Posted 2/10/2013 2:43:56 PM
hyro56 posted...
Are there other translations our there? Where are you guys finding this stuff about Alyssa and Snow?

http://chrysaliswiki.com/fragments-after

Summaries for all the stories.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#258Rude HeroPosted 2/10/2013 3:53:23 PM
In relation to the 'Etro killing herself' scenario, I am under the impression that she wasn't really aware of what she was doing. She wanted Bhuni's attention, but doesn't know what attention is, and how to obtain it.

Also the whole Etro rebirthing Yeul out of love for, but not understanding the pain that is being wrought upon Yeul with each cycle is as brilliant as it is tragic.

Hahaha admittedly I didn't really understand all of this Mwynn, Buhni and Lindzei stuff which is why I never really mentioned about them, but now I'm getting a sense of character for these random names my imagination can do its thing.
---
Live thine life, as thou seest fit.
#259Hakurou(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:24:30 PM
pg 56

For she was not human; that was the sole reason. The girl lived in the midst of sadness and isolation, and died. For she was human; that was the sole reason. Before long, time passed in the world of humans. There was a person that protected her in exchange for his life. The Goddess Etro gave him her heart, so that he may live with her forever. His name was...

"That guy! I remember. The guy with the Bahamut other than the one that guards the throne, the black Bahamut. Caius Ballad."

"Was that the guy I was fighting with? The person that I was fighting a bitter battle with. The person I was trying ever so desperately to defeat."

After Caius received Etro's heart, many moons had passed. He had waited upon many Yeuls while they were on their deathbed. So many people died, so many that he could not count. Countless souls went on their way to Etro and disappeared. Many lives were lost in the war dubbed the "War of Transgression." Many lives were on the verge of death by the hand of the Fal'Cie Barthandelus.

"That's... all me. My sin. At the hanged edge, and the Pulsian ruins, I killed PSICOM soldiers. It was easy to say that it was all to protect myself. As a matter of fact, I was desperate. They were ready and willing, pointing their guns at us. We had no choice but to counterattack in earnest as well."

However, when looking at this from the viewpoint of the Goddess, this matter seemed nothing but trivial. Etro did not make individual distinctions for people. Each soul was the same "little thing" and held the same value. Each was a life that had the right to live on the "Other Side" with its comrades for as long as it possibly could. No matter the reason for such matters, a sin is a sin. Killing people, such is a sin that one should never commit.

She heard the voices of those on the verge of death. The voices that Etro was probably hearing. The screams saying such things as "I don't want to die" and "I'm scared." On the other hand, there many in the ranks of the PSICOM soldiers who accepted death passively. They had gone to their death, resigned to the fact that they had to protect Cocoon. Those voices were very quiet.

"I took their lives."

From the Goddess viewpoint, where one can see all things in the sweep of an eye, it seemed that their lives were tangible. There were those that had a blessed life, and those that led a life that would be hard to call a happy existence. Although their pasts were different, each life held the same value. It felt as if one cast off the eyes of a lowly human and was gazing at a countless number of lives.

"I took their lives just because I didn't want to die. I felt that it was a sin, but I deluded myself, saying I had no choice. I had selfishly decided the weight of life and selfishly convinced myself of it. I didn't even stop to think that their lives were sacrificed for mine. It was all me... so sinful and arrogant."

Regardless, Etro granted Lightning's wish. To aid Vanille and Fang, and make Lightning and the others' brands disappear. Granting salvation to the l'Cie who bore much sin.*

*Missing pages 58 and 59 so this line was based off of inference.
#260DaGreatOnelolPosted 2/10/2013 4:31:06 PM
so pretty much, Lightning took all the blame for the countless deaths the party had to inflict just to get to their goal of saving the world. Man I really admire her now.

Lightning the chosen one!
---
"Damn right and I'll do it again. I am right so I gotz to win" - DMX