Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After

#91mahroflcopterPosted 2/2/2013 4:06:54 PM
ayaloren posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII-2_Fragments_After

This page has some interesting tidbits that haven't been translated in full yet.

1. The book suggests that BH Yeul isn't Yeul, but an unknown entity that took on her form and is lashing out against her cursed fate. No surprise to us when it turns out to be Mwynn, then.

2. If Snow's Focus was to find Serah and fight beside her in the "fated battle", how come he didn't crystallize after the fight with the Mutantomato?

3. Yeul's family are arses.

4. I figured the Yeul of 400AF was the one "who liked to sing", just a gut feeling. However, what's all this about Noel in front of a singing crystal?

Did you read the summaries? So 3 AF Yeul looks to Lightning as if she were a motherly figure... Huh.

Where did you see that?
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#92mahroflcopterPosted 2/2/2013 4:31:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#93ayalorenPosted 2/2/2013 4:50:49 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
ayaloren posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII-2_Fragments_After

This page has some interesting tidbits that haven't been translated in full yet.

1. The book suggests that BH Yeul isn't Yeul, but an unknown entity that took on her form and is lashing out against her cursed fate. No surprise to us when it turns out to be Mwynn, then.

2. If Snow's Focus was to find Serah and fight beside her in the "fated battle", how come he didn't crystallize after the fight with the Mutantomato?

3. Yeul's family are arses.

4. I figured the Yeul of 400AF was the one "who liked to sing", just a gut feeling. However, what's all this about Noel in front of a singing crystal?

Did you read the summaries? So 3 AF Yeul looks to Lightning as if she were a motherly figure... Huh.

Where did you see that?

http://chrysaliswiki.com/fragments-after
---
I'm only as good as you allow me to be.
#94chaosflame108Posted 2/2/2013 4:52:33 PM
Ultimate_Finale posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
MalakTawus posted...
Lol, Lightning continues to think about Hope :)

Come on Hope, you can do it!
Who cares if she's almost a goddess, she has a soft spot for you! Attack!!! ^_^

......and also welcome back Hakurou, and thanx again for your hard work!

Fix'd

There'll be none of that bollocks in this thread.

Awwww, OK.

lol Whipped.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#95mahroflcopterPosted 2/2/2013 6:30:23 PM(edited)
"She could see how the goddess Etro had come to be there, and how Etro could not understand like a human did. Etro had given powers to the first little thing, a human girl, whose soul had arrived in Valhalla. That soul hadn't sunk into the darkness like the other souls, and she had sent it to be born aqain and again back to the world where the rest of the humans lived. Etro did not see that she caused suffering for the girl with this action, she had only love and gentleness."

So this is the explanation that we get for all the **** Etro has caused? Stuff like sending Eidolons to slaughter L'cie and/or enslave them for eternity if they can't win the fight; establishing the rule of "The weak serve the strong" in Valhalla; giving Yuel the Eyes of Etro which condemns her to an eternity of early death and rebirth; giving the Heart of Chaos to Caius which condemns him to an immortal life of watching a loved one die over and over again for all eternity; saving the party even though she should have known the consequences? It's all okay because "she has nothing but love and good intentions?"

You know what? I liked the theory "Etro really isn't as benevolent as she is made out to be, yet she is the only one on humanities side" that was circulating the board.

"Lightningn also saw herself, and how she had sinned gravely against the goddess by taking arms against another human being - she had been forced, but it was still a sin, the goddess grieved for the fallen no matter who they were."

And now I call absolute bull**** on this ****ed up philosophy. So Etro is okay even though she's caused nothing but pain, despair, eternal death, and fear throughout Gran Pulse because "she has nothing but the best intentions"... but because Lightning killed in self-defense due to being enslaved in a world of brainwashed mooks who were committing genocide against innocent civilians, she's a major sinner because "it doesn't matter the reason you kill, it's still wrong all the same"? Horse crap! Absolute and utter horse crap!
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#96Rude HeroPosted 2/2/2013 6:26:20 PM
ayaloren posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
... Don't know. Tired and drunk. Getting out of here.

*knocks the booze outta Aya's hand*

Go to bed!

But the wine is already all gone...

When the movie is over.

On-topic: Alyssa's story did nothing to improve her character. I dislike her even more now. Didn't think it was possible.

Tell me about it. What a complete and utter slag!
---
Official Silver Knight Straight Sword of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board
#97hyro56Posted 2/2/2013 6:55:32 PM
Thank you very much, Hakurou. You've gone above and beyond the call of duty.

Get better soon!
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#98chaosflame108Posted 2/2/2013 9:38:49 PM
Sigh.........it really is a shame. These novels characterize Yeul far greater than the game every did.

500 af Yeul is an odd one; she hates all humanity and wants everyone to die(minus Noel). It would have been nice if this Yeul were featured in the main game.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#99mellotunePosted 2/3/2013 12:47:24 AM
Amazing read so far! Thank you for the translation!

I wish this content was present in XIII-2 ;(
---
Anticipating: FF VersusXIII
#100LolOkayPosted 2/3/2013 2:58:29 AM(edited)
Even though the devs themselves said that Etro is naive and doesn't think of the consequences. I'm starting to think that she's deeper than that. Blue and orange mentality (or is it morality?) and all.