Strongest FF character

#151MalakTawusPosted 1/27/2013 9:30:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#152ZeroBeattPosted 1/27/2013 9:47:37 AM
MalakTawus posted...
Some people here say that it's normal for FF characters to defeat gods, but tbh i don't remember a lot of FF characters doing so, just saying (especially in the last entries).

So imo Lightning been at goddess level is something that puts her on a superior leven than all the others since all the others no matter how strong they were they all felt very "human", Lightning on the other hand seems now to be on a greater level........and if we consider that in LR she'll probably become stronger than ever.........

Shinryu, Chaos, Ixtab, Ultima, Exodus and etc (did you even play the older games) were all more god like than anything I've seen the Fal'cie do (just saying)
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#153kupo1705Posted 1/27/2013 9:49:51 AM
God does not mean omnipotent, omniscient being.
Being a god is meaningless without context.
#154ZeroBeattPosted 1/27/2013 10:04:03 AM
GenocideHeart posted...
MalakTawus posted...
Considering that Lightning can alter the flow of time (and it's been said that she can also perform a miracle and completely stop time......probably some sort of "special move", or "limit" if you prefer) been fast is quite pointless against her at this point,lol.

Going by that logic, Selphie Tilmitt is the strongest character ever. "The End" Limit Break instantly defeats any enemy in FF8 - even the final boss and Omega Weapon! - in one blow, period, no questions asked.

And any Time Mage can alter the flow of time with their magic... so can the Lucavi - Hasmhalum in particular, being the Regulator of Time, could freeze the flow of time in a large area.

(also, Mewt was the rightful master of the Gran Grimoire, which could warp the entire world into something the owner liked. Even a puny kid like him could be a world-changing God with the Gran Grimoire... all he asked for was a mom, though.)

Incidentally, Ultimecia could also control time completely. It didn't help her in the slightest in the end. Heck, she even performed a Time Compression - basically, ended time, the same thing Caius spent centuries accomplishing - all on her own.

And Toriyama claims Caius is the strongest antagonist ever. Bah. What has Caius done that Ultimecia hasn't? For one thing, she ensured that no matter what, she wins. Think about it - Time Compression has been executed. Even if Squall defeats her, the future she's from is doomed regardless. It literally is the unavoidable fate of Squall's world - all he accomplished is to prevent its IMMEDIATE end, but since Ultimecia HAS to eventually exist in order for the timeline to make sense, it doesn't matter that Squall defeated her - in the end, she still compresses time and destroys the world. Because, in order for time to not unravel like a ball of yarn, she HAS to come into power and set the FF8 events in motion. It's a closed time loop... everything begins, and ends, with Ultimecia. And it's actually unbreakable, because Ultimecia is too important for the timeline. Remove her and you'll break time even worse than Etro did, and probably doom the world anyway. All you CAN do is defeat her when she's supposed to... but at that point she's already won.

Doesn't Penelo's last quickening do a small reality warp? That's even more impressive too. Thanks to Basch displaying his quickening in the beginning during a cutscene, they can be considered canon.

Also I did lol at Toriyama saying Caius was apparently the strongest because he was the flashist in a long like. Hell even a non-powered up Vayne was destroying monsterous air fleets with a flip of his wrist. Something I always wondered was, ouside of Valhalla can Caius even use time warping?
---
---
#155ZeroBeattPosted 1/27/2013 10:15:39 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
kupo1705 posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Wait til SE unveils their next poster character.

They already did.
Her name is Agni.

And she is going to be the new strongest.

Protagonist of XV. I'm calling it right now.
---
---
#156Val1008Posted 1/27/2013 10:16:31 AM
ZeroBeatt posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
kupo1705 posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

They already did.
Her name is Agni.

---
#157kupo1705Posted 1/27/2013 10:17:58 AM
ZeroBeatt posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
kupo1705 posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

They already did.
Her name is Agni.

---

I'm ok with that.
#158MoogleHunterPosted 1/27/2013 10:19:50 AM
kupo1705 posted...
ZeroBeatt posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
kupo1705 posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

They already did.
Her name is Agni.

---

I'm ok with that.

This. But SE screws us over. Just like FF7 PS3 tech demo. Not gettin my hopes up.
---
The Official Garbage Disposal Fork of The LR:XIII Board
#159ZeroBeattPosted 1/27/2013 10:21:00 AM
kupo1705 posted...
ZeroBeatt posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
kupo1705 posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

They already did.
Her name is Agni.

---

I'm ok with that.

Yeah me too. She seems interesting enough.
---
---
#160MalakTawusPosted 1/27/2013 10:31:43 AM
ZeroBeatt posted...
MalakTawus posted...
Some people here say that it's normal for FF characters to defeat gods, but tbh i don't remember a lot of FF characters doing so, just saying (especially in the last entries).

So imo Lightning been at goddess level is something that puts her on a superior leven than all the others since all the others no matter how strong they were they all felt very "human", Lightning on the other hand seems now to be on a greater level........and if we consider that in LR she'll probably become stronger than ever.........

Shinryu, Chaos, Ixtab, Ultima, Exodus and etc (did you even play the older games) were all more god like than anything I've seen the Fal'cie do (just saying)
---

-Ultima in FFXII (the one more close to be a god-entity) is NOT a goddess (infact when she tried to face the gods that created her she was defeated,just saying.....)
Ultima in older FFs was not a god anyway.

-Shinryu: there are several version of it, but none of them seems a god to me, what Shinryu are you referring actually?

-Ixtab is NOT a god, it's a spirit,lol.

-Exodus is also NOT a god (infact he also tried to rebel the gods and was defeated and punished)

I have played ALL FF games (beside only FFXI that i played only a bit with my friend, not enough for me to talk about that) and know them quite well, BUT it seems to me that you don't understand that the examples that you did and real gods are NOT the same.

The examples that you brought can be compared with Fal'Cies in FFXIII's universe, NOT with actual gods like Bhuni, Mwynn and Etro.

@Kupo

It's true that "god" is not a very precise term, but there is a difference between entities that are gods in ALL contexts (like Bhuni for example) with entities that can be considered "gods" only in a more general sense and in certain contexts.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."