Strongest FF character

#191MalakTawusPosted 1/28/2013 8:02:00 AM
Bhunivelze's primary concern was Muin. Always Muin. Only MUIN. He believed that Muin wanted to destroy the world to spite him and thought he had to destroy her. Anything else was trivially unimportant. He was solely focused on Muin. To that end, he needed to find the invisible world. That was where Muin was. But the door isn't so easily opened.

Sigh, and why Bhuni wants to kill Mwynn????
Wake up, it's written very clearly that he is wo5rried 'cause he thought that Mwynn left a curse to the Mortal World, it's not that he wants to kill her for no reason.

.....and also it's said in the myth itself that Bhuni was wrong since Mwynn left no curse at all on the Mortal World: it's destruction was FATE, not a curse (IT'S SAID CLEARLY!!! If you can't read that's your problem,lol).

So yes, Bhuni is actually quite worried about what could happen to the mortal world and humans have absolutely nothing to do with his worries.

Considering that Bhunivelze is OUTRIGHT STATED to have given her no powers of her own whatsoever, she's not even a goddess in any way. She just plain has no power like that of her peers. It's the whole point of the myth of creation. You cannot compare her to Muin or Bhunivelze. She's not even on the same level as Pulse and Lindzei.

It's true that she had no power INITIALLY, but after she kiled herself she went to the Invisible world and basically became the ruler of the Invisible World (like Bhuni is the ruler of the Mortal World).
Also she met with Mwynn, and unless you think that she is able to stop chaos with smooth talk it doesn't take a genius to understand that at some point (probably exactly when she met Mwynn) she must have gained power.
Not to mention that she has more understanding than any other god about what is happening and going to happen since she is the ONLY goddess (beside Mwynn that should be dead) that is outside the time of the Mortal World.

You do know that what isn't destroyed but merely defeated can come back and try again until they win, right? Good.

It's even the modus operandi of certain mythological figures - if they're defeated, they will just come back and try again. You gotta destroy them completely to stop them. And chaos has proved itself to be very persistent, what with waiting patiently for the time to strike until now.

Plus, again, Muin's exact words were 'THE BALANCE MUST BE PRESERVED'. Too much order and not enough chaos is also unbalanced.

It seems you don't get it.
Lightning's mission is EXACTLY the mision that Mwynn left to Etro and that Etro left to Lightning (and doing so Lightning obviously also wants to save humanity sicne after Etro she is basically the only powerful being that actually gives a damn about humans' fate.): she has to restore BALANCE.

.....what yoiu don't understand is that to regain balance she has FIRST to defeat chaos since its clearly gone "too far". She doesn't have to destroy chaos AT ALL so stop putting things that i haven't said in my mouth!

After defeating chaos she also has to make sure that Bhuni understands that the immortal world that he wishes is not ok at all since it would eventually broke the balance once again in the future (like you said too much of one thing is just as bad as too much of the opposite).
Lightning will have to convince Bhuni, make a deal with him or if instead he has absolutely no intention to understand the importance to keep the balance Lightning will probably have to fight even Bhuni and take the whole situation in her hands (but this could happen only if somehow she really gain the power of a true goddess during LR).

Anyway, BALANCE is the key, and the first step is surely to defeat chaos 'cause Light can't allow chaos to be completely out of control.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#192MalakTawusPosted 1/28/2013 8:15:23 AM
Yes, that must be why humans stopped aging, stopped giving birth and stopped dying of natural causes! All things that, incidentally, are tied to TIME PASSING.

Time has ceased to flow. It's that simple. The whole point of Caius winning in FFXIII-2 was that he managed to stop time from flowing, which also means Yeul can't see the future anymore, as there's no more timeline to see. If time was still ticking, then all Caius did would have been worthless, while in the secret ending he explicitly states he did free Yeul from her curse. The only way he could do so was to kill time itself. Sooo... connecting the dots yet?

And I'm the one not paying attention and making BS up...

Actually yes, YOU are the one making up BS 'cause SE already stated very clearly that time has NOT really ceased to flow at all, they simply used that expression to say that chaos' corruption affected certain things like people not aging,BUT they precised that time in itself continues to flow! (at best there could be certain areas like in Valhalla where there is time distortion)

Caius did all that he did so that Yuel wouldn't die,he wanted an ethernal world and that's EXACTLY what he obtained thanx to chaos' corruption.......BUT ethernal world is NOT the same as saying that time has stopped to flow! They are two completely different concepts.

If you don't keep yourself informed it's your damn problem,not mine.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#193ZeroBeattPosted 1/28/2013 9:33:05 AM
kratoscar2008 posted...
ZeroBeatt posted...
GenocideHeart posted...
Also, what you said is not quite correct. There's Galuf managing to actually kill Exdeath one-on-one, while being literally dead. He only let himself die AFTER Exdeath fell. Unfortunately, Exdeath got better, much like Sephiroth, but it wasn't just a 'oh you caught me by surpriseBLARH' thing, Galuf actually slugged it out in a prolonged battle out of sheer refusal to lose.

He literally forgot how to lose for that battle.

I'm so glad someone recognizes Galuf and his amazing strength. I would say he was a better swordsman than most. R.I.P old warrior.
---

Yeah Krile didnt make up for Galuf loss.

Indeed!
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#194Elice_CarolPosted 1/28/2013 9:51:44 AM
Ooh, are people discussing FNC here? You should all understand that upon Mwynn's banishment from the Mortal Realm Bhunivelze believed that she cursed it to be destroyed one day, not realizing that the end was inevitable. Again, he blames Mwynn and makes it his goal to kill her, and this is basically the driving force behind the FNC series. Through a series of unfortunate events, time has ended and people have become immortal, but you can't say the same for the world as chaos is slowly eroding it.
This is why Mwynn will most likely appear in LR, Bhunivelze probably believes that her death will result in chaos being completely purged from the world. Silly of Lightning to follow him then, because that chaos includes everyone's souls as well.

On-topic: I knew this was a popularity poll from the moment I saw the lack of Shantotto votes.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#195Celes--CherePosted 1/28/2013 9:54:46 AM
Terra? Strongest?
---
Holy_Banisher
#196ZeroBeattPosted 1/28/2013 10:08:00 AM
Celes--Chere posted...
Terra? Strongest?

Terra: U mad Celes?
---
---
#197Terra-BranfordPosted 1/28/2013 10:10:57 AM
ZeroBeatt posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
Terra? Strongest?

---

Allow me.

Celes--Chere posted...
Terra? Strongest?

U mad Celes?
#198ZeroBeattPosted 1/28/2013 10:44:25 AM
Terra-Branford posted...
ZeroBeatt posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
Terra? Strongest?

---

Allow me.

Celes--Chere posted...
Terra? Strongest?

U mad Celes?

Lol you go girl!
---
---
#199GenocideHeartPosted 1/28/2013 12:19:10 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
Ooh, are people discussing FNC here? You should all understand that upon Mwynn's banishment from the Mortal Realm Bhunivelze believed that she cursed it to be destroyed one day, not realizing that the end was inevitable. Again, he blames Mwynn and makes it his goal to kill her, and this is basically the driving force behind the FNC series. Through a series of unfortunate events, time has ended and people have become immortal, but you can't say the same for the world as chaos is slowly eroding it.
This is why Mwynn will most likely appear in LR, Bhunivelze probably believes that her death will result in chaos being completely purged from the world. Silly of Lightning to follow him then, because that chaos includes everyone's souls as well.

That's what I've been trying to explain to Malak for the last day or so, but he's just plugging his ears and going 'lalalalala, only what I think is correct, I'm ignoring any other facts'. I'm not even sure why I'm bothering. Bhunivelze's ultimate goal is to purge chaos entirely from the world and defeat Muin whom he thinks is responsible. He couldn't possibly care LESS about what happens to all living things, or even his own creations, so long as he manages to do that - he's the frigging creator, he can remake everything once he's done with Muin.

Or at least, that's what he thinks. Whether or not he CAN, is a different story.

Also, Etro is arguably the one responsible for time ending to begin with, thus fulfilling the prophecy. It was her saving the XIII party that started the paradox storm, which ultimately led to chaos washing over the world and time ending. And it also indirectly led to Caius becoming the antagonist, because as he explains to Serah when he confronts her, due to the fracture in time, Yeul, who would normally not have had such a dramatically short lifespan, ended up so taxed by her power that it killed each and every one of her incarnations before they even hit 20 years, and the repeated grief drove Caius mad.

If Etro really 'foresaw' all this, then she chose one of the worst ways to 'save' the world. I maintain that she simply grew too attached to her own creations (ie, humans), and tried to help the party out of kindness, not seeing what it would lead to.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#200MalakTawusPosted 1/28/2013 5:06:53 PM
GenocideHeart posted...
Elice_Carol posted...

That's what I've been trying to explain to Malak for the last day or so, but he's just plugging his ears and going 'lalalalala, only what I think is correct, I'm ignoring any other facts'. I'm not even sure why I'm bothering. Bhunivelze's ultimate goal is to purge chaos entirely from the world and defeat Muin whom he thinks is responsible. He couldn't possibly care LESS about what happens to all living things, or even his own creations, so long as he manages to do that - he's the frigging creator, he can remake everything once he's done with Muin.

Or at least, that's what he thinks. Whether or not he CAN, is a different story.

Also, Etro is arguably the one responsible for time ending to begin with, thus fulfilling the prophecy. It was her saving the XIII party that started the paradox storm, which ultimately led to chaos washing over the world and time ending. And it also indirectly led to Caius becoming the antagonist, because as he explains to Serah when he confronts her, due to the fracture in time, Yeul, who would normally not have had such a dramatically short lifespan, ended up so taxed by her power that it killed each and every one of her incarnations before they even hit 20 years, and the repeated grief drove Caius mad.

If Etro really 'foresaw' all this, then she chose one of the worst ways to 'save' the world. I maintain that she simply grew too attached to her own creations (ie, humans), and tried to help the party out of kindness, not seeing what it would lead to.

You still don't understand.
If Bhuni wasn't worried about the curse he would have no reason to kill Mwynn, that's why what you say is completely wrong.
Bhuni IS atually very worried about the "curse", it's not something irrelevant for him!!!!
And THIS is what you don't understand and go on with your "'lalalalala, only what I think is correct, I'm ignoring any other facts",lol.

And for god's sake, SE has already confirmed that TIME HAS NOT ENDED AT ALL, is it so difficult for you people to understand???? SE has stated this VERY CLEARLY so stop spreading stupid misinformation.

And how the hell can you be so sure if we don't even know what Etro saw???
Do you have a crystal ball that can see the future too? I don't think so.
We have absolutely no way to know at this point the reason why Etro decided to act this way fully knowing what would have happened, it's 100% possible that she actually had very good reasons to chose this path.
WE CAN'T KNOW AT THIS POINT, so strop pretending to know that Etro acted like an idiot!
Maybe in the end you could say that, but for now it's 100% idiotic since we have not seen the full picture yet, THIS is what u don't understand!
---