Who here is tired of the Goths pretending to be old school?

#1The_CiscoPosted 1/26/2013 3:08:45 AM
I know most of you have bumped into several goth fans who make claims that Square went downhill with this game.

13 having a bad character, bad story, bad gameplay... blah blah blah.

I've said so many times that these complains have been said ever since FF7 was released. The SNES people actually hated the entire FF series of this current generation, save 9 due to 9 being actually of old-school feel. However, most of the 8 guys (please don't pretend because I was there during 9's beginning) hated 9 because of course the attachment syndrome. Lets not forget about how many FF7 fan boys trolled around the FF8 boards. Man the FF8 boards was a mess with haters. Kids crying how square dropped the ball and doesn't care anymore and how the people working their should be replaced.

Now, we have the new age goth fans telling the same crap against 13. Square dropping the ball when 13 hit. A common statement i've seen here.

I never understood why?

The story wasn't too bad to complain about. All the FF's go under the save the world theme anyway, and i always thought "story" was an excuse of the unintelligent pretending they can understand storytelling.

The gameplay/battlesystem wasn't bad, it was actually the most thought invoking in-battle system since Tactics because here you had to strategies roles and when to switch and switch out.

The Protagonist wasn't bad either? Boring and bland? LMAO people trolled that nonsense with the other past FF games so please. What makes a cool hero anyway? The only thing the majority of the protagonist had over lightning was getting broken up with god like abilities at end game.

Oh yes goths. My words are all truth even if you want to contradict. When all of you were tiny babies, the "best titles" you've listed where actually attacked by the same hate you guys give 13. LMAO at you think the ps1 was part of the golden era.. obviously you were still too young to see the agitating fans against 7,8, Chrono Cross, and X.

Linearity and no air planes is such a minor con that nobody cared about anymore. Please kids, quit polluting the board and go back to your cosplaying of long haired grey bad guys in a black dresses.
#2EscaSyraPosted 1/26/2013 3:12:54 AM
The funniest thing I find about old school fans is their contradictory nature.

Example of some old school fans.

- The newer Final Fantasy's suck. I'll be happy when Versus is released and saves the franchise.

I bet $100 that half of the fans I'm describing will be utterly disappointed when Versus is released in the year 4027.
#3ValcristPLPosted 1/26/2013 3:13:48 AM
Goth?

Well that is a new level of stupid on this board. Let me write this down.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls.
#4The_Cisco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:15:51 AM
EscaSyra posted...

- The newer Final Fantasy's suck. I'll be happy when Versus is released and saves the franchise.

I bet $100 that half of the fans I'm describing will be utterly disappointed when Versus is released in the year 4027.

This. I don't think they are old school fans though. Most of us real old school fans who also passed college actually went on and accepted evolving changes.

I know that these goths who are dogging 13 would of dogged vs13 as well if both titles happened to be swaped in status.

I think my topic should be stickied btw. It's time to get rid of the goths.
#5ragnarokiusPosted 1/26/2013 3:21:08 AM(edited)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/65077617

Did you actually agree with this dudes post?

I'm an 'old school' fan, I guess. So apparently gothic as well.

Anyway, we're not all contradictory. For example, I'm not excited for any new release from SE in this franchise. I'm not closed to them either. I come here to talk about the entire series.

The funniest thing I find about certain fans of FFXIII is that they don't ever really talk about the game. Every topic and post they make is about haters, or involves haters.

Example: TC
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#6The_Cisco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:17:58 AM
ValcristPL posted...
Goth?

Well, they've been here for awhile.. so i don't think it's a "new" level.. but indeed, they are dumb. Who in the **** would think Lightning is a bad protagonist and yet use some Yellow haired guy who complained about forgetting who he was through out the entire game and is tormented by a grey haired cross dresser, a better protagonist?
#7ValcristPLPosted 1/26/2013 3:19:07 AM
The_Cisco posted...
ValcristPL posted...
Goth?

Well, they've been here for awhile.. so i don't think it's a "new" level.. but indeed, they are dumb. Who in the **** would think Lightning is a bad protagonist and yet use some Yellow haired guy who complained about forgetting who he was through out the entire game and is tormented by a grey haired cross dresser, a better protagonist?

I think you didn't get my message at all. But seeing as you are a XIII fan that is calling us oldschool fans "goths", you are excused.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls.
#8The_Cisco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:20:05 AM
ragnarokius posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/65077617

thanks for linking that awesome thread that should be stickied too.

He should agree, i know the 13 haters will try to make my words of little value, but they are indeed true. Goths need to accept it. They don't look cool with their stupid statements of square loosing it with 13 or any of their complaints. It's all OLD complaints given to every FF when they where newly released.
#9ragnarokiusPosted 1/26/2013 3:21:32 AM
The_Cisco posted...
ragnarokius posted...

thanks for linking that awesome thread that should be stickied too.

He should agree, i know the 13 haters will try to make my words of little value, but they are indeed true. Goths need to accept it. They don't look cool with their stupid statements of square loosing it with 13 or any of their complaints. It's all OLD complaints given to every FF when they where newly released.

Your words are of little value.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#10The_Cisco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:21:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]