Y'know, people really like to hate on XIII's characters, but...

#41chaosflame108Posted 1/27/2013 10:24:23 PM
All the FFVII "extended universe" stuff is useless. The only good thing to come from any of it was that epic metal remix of OWA from Advent Children.

That's why I don't get why people still want a VII remake. Leave it alone, they've already ruined its legacy enough.

lol wow. So much fail in a single post.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#42theofficefan99Posted 1/27/2013 10:31:35 PM
kirusu posted...
g6260 posted...
kirusu posted...
g6260 posted...
The problem with Genesis isn't the fact that he's a Sephiroth rip-off, its that he's a Sephiroth rip-off in a game that already has Sephiroth

I mean, seriously.

ikr crisis core was useless. the story described all of sephiroth. even the there are various theories and loveless was never finished.

All the FFVII "extended universe" stuff is useless. The only good thing to come from any of it was that epic metal remix of OWA from Advent Children.

That's why I don't get why people still want a VII remake. Leave it alone, they've already ruined its legacy enough.

ew. lol that soundtrack was meh. sides dancing mad is better. and yes ff7 doesnt need a remake. only thing good about crisis core was its gameplay. just kind of wishing square enix would get done with the biggs, wedge, and train jokes. i had enough of it during the ff4 after years.

...What?

Crisis Core's gameplay was the worst part, by far.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#43mad_hax_manPosted 1/28/2013 2:42:02 AM
Chaos-Striker posted...
g6260 posted...
I think Genesis from Crisis Core is by far the worst character from a Square-Enix game this gen, if not ever. I mean, I like Sephiroth and all, but did we really need 2 of him? not to mention quoting poetry was lame when Kuja did it, and its still lame now especially when its executed way worse.

But I never really see this guy hated on too much, probably because Crisis Core is old and not as popular (at least compared to a mainline title)

I'm rather sad to hear this =\

I really don't get why people hate Genesis when mentioned--something to do with the "pretty-boy look", I wonder?

Imo, Genesis is by far Sq. Enix's best recently created villains. He isn't just another lunatic or extremist---he's somebody you can feel sorry for even though you know what he does is wrong. He's not like Caius, who is far too typical and while he gets his share of hate, it isn't near to the degree Genesis would get when acknowledged. And you're even silently (not audibly repeated) reminded about his condition as your progress in the game.

The red coat, hairstyle, and poetry reading is just extra to give him an angle as an individual villain. In fact, the poetry reference fits will if you ask me, conidering LOVELESS was something never explored in the original FFVII save for one conversation.

Genesis is just a bad character.

I can understand they were trying to create a more impulsive, artsy counter part to Sephiroth's cold demeanor, but they over did it. The vast majority of his lines are empty lines from this story that tries and fails to be good poetry. Very little of his dialogue established anything other than a) he loved poetry b) what his goals were. Since his motivations are purely about getting better, so the game has to constantly pull up new plot points out of its ass so he can actively antagonize Zack. The game itself is completely confused on how we are meant to see Genesis. There are time where he's meant to come off as a well intentioned extremist trying to take down Shinra, other time's he's just a dick for the sole reason of being a dick and other times he's meant to be pitiable.

And pitiable villains aren't exactly lacking in the FF verse, with Gabranth being much more complex and sympathetic than Genesis
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart