#241Neutron15Posted 1/28/2013 1:57:21 AM
FF is Immortal, that is its true fate
---
The Cycle Of Hatred Can Never Be Broken
Jigoku , Futakomori , Mitsuganae
#242kupo1705Posted 1/28/2013 1:59:45 AM
ValcristPL posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Yes, though I wouldn't be surprised if she got a major role, like a party member or something.

We will give you Raitoningu, mah rose, until you will learn to love her.

I don't like roses.
#243ValcristPLPosted 1/28/2013 2:00:21 AM
kupo1705 posted...
ValcristPL posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Yes, though I wouldn't be surprised if she got a major role, like a party member or something.

We will give you Raitoningu, mah rose, until you will learn to love her.

I don't like roses.

Toriyama would hate you.
---
Metal Gear Saga marathon: MGS1 in progress.
#244Celes--CherePosted 1/28/2013 2:23:26 AM
Everybody already loves Lightning, so I don't see how that would benefit, unless it made us love her even more.
---
Holy_Banisher
#245RomangeloPosted 1/28/2013 2:33:30 AM
arvilino posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
oxnerd posted...
Honestly I don't see the games getting progressively better from the last ----they are just so different that you can't compare them like that---- Every game is unique and people who hate on 13 only hate it because its the most different and its the one that's out now.
People keep forgetting that these games aren't sequels to each other, they are each world's apart. Each one of these games have their own worlds and as such these worlds require an acquired taste. Just because you don't like one game over another doesn't mean the series needs to die.

XIII has legitimate flaws. The people who say "OMG PEOPLE JUST HATE IT CUZ IT'S DIFFERENT!!!!" are just grasping at straws.

But how many people actually only bring up the legitimate flaws the games have as their reasoning, in comparison to just "flaws? How about everything"?

plus, olders FFs have flaws too.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#246Lindaru111Posted 1/28/2013 3:17:02 AM
roham110 posted...
FF has fallen from the JRPG genre. Instead of turn based fights that need thought and strategy it's just using a fast pace action that encourages the player to use auto fight as fast as they can. It seems nowadays in order to attract new players games are trying more action and less thinking which repels the hard core players of that genre. Needless to say Lightning as a woman looks more like a man both characteristically and looks which again makes me wonder why they put her as a woman in first place. was it perhaps a try to make the game more appealing? I don't know, but I do know by continuing this trend they are bound to fail epically.

Oh Final Fantasy, how far you've fallen...
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)
#247RomangeloPosted 1/28/2013 3:45:23 AM
roham110 posted...
FF has fallen from the JRPG genre. Instead of turn based fights that need thought and strategy it's just using a fast pace action that encourages the player to use auto fight as fast as they can. It seems nowadays in order to attract new players games are trying more action and less thinking which repels the hard core players of that genre. Needless to say Lightning as a woman looks more like a man both characteristically and looks which again makes me wonder why they put her as a woman in first place. was it perhaps a try to make the game more appealing? I don't know, but I do know by continuing this trend they are bound to fail epically.

It's funny cuz jRPG is not a genre and RPG doesn't need to be turn-based all the time ya know?

you claimed that turn-based battle system required more thought and strategy compare to realtime action battle system.... HAHAHA

players need to think and act faster in realtime action games while you can think as much as you want in turn-based game. even in "active mode" ATB it still way slower than action games so you have more times to think.

and what's wrong with Action RPG to begin with? Tales games did it like 10+ years ago and people praise it to the moon.

I've no comment for Lightning. I'm not a fan of manly woman and I don't like Lightning.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#248d3m0nz89Posted 1/28/2013 4:04:28 AM
why buy or play if hate FF so much... Just stop it already. sheesh.. Use common sense..
#249roham110Posted 1/28/2013 5:23:28 AM
Romangelo posted...
roham110 posted...

It's funny cuz jRPG is not a genre and RPG doesn't need to be turn-based all the time ya know?

you claimed that turn-based battle system required more thought and strategy compare to realtime action battle system.... HAHAHA

players need to think and act faster in realtime action games while you can think as much as you want in turn-based game. even in "active mode" ATB it still way slower than action games so you have more times to think.

and what's wrong with Action RPG to begin with? Tales games did it like 10+ years ago and people praise it to the moon.

I've no comment for Lightning. I'm not a fan of manly woman and I don't like Lightning.

True but It is an important sub genre that has its own rules and style.

No I never claimed such a thing. I said the main challenge in them is thought and strategy but I'm not questioning real time action battle system.

well it's true again but more thought required in turned based or it should be. what I mean to say is in real time action you have the agile challenge as well but not such challenge is absent from turn based so in order to balance it they emphasize on thought and strategical challenge which can make it harder.

Nothing at all. I'm a fan all kind of RPG but it should be done right. the reason of Tales' success was action that required both thinking and agile in order to execute combos. but FF doesn't do this right. it tries to fake both. there is no thinking cuz it autobattles for you. but there is no action challenge as well.
#250MewMewFanPosted 1/28/2013 5:33:21 AM
Final Fantasy will live forever till the honorable Square-Enix decides to stop making them. But that won''t happen for a very long time. :D