FF needs to die.

#251King_Shortt_IXPosted 1/28/2013 6:36:31 AM(edited)
SE, honorable?

Anyways maybe we should we start planning the funeral for Final Fantasy.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#252kupo1705Posted 1/28/2013 6:36:14 AM
FF needs to die first, so it can arise like a Phoenix.
#253MewMewFanPosted 1/28/2013 6:43:34 AM
kupo1705 posted...
FF needs to die first, so it can arise like a Phoenix.

I don't think that will happen for a long time as long as SE makes millions of money by making Final Fantasy games and get their FF products loved by almost everyone.
#254ZeroBeattPosted 1/28/2013 9:39:26 AM
Celes--Chere posted...
Everybody already loves Lightning, so I don't see how that would benefit, unless it made us love her even more.

Correction, you already love Lightning.
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#255ZeroBeattPosted 1/28/2013 9:48:10 AM
Romangelo posted...
just because you grew up with FFIV or some other old games doesn't make you a VIP fan who has the right to tell them to make games for your taste or just die.

I grew up with the old FFs too but the difference is I'm not living in the past.

No the difference is you'll bend over for whatever seems to be in your face at the moment. As long as it has FF in the title, you are forever its b****.
---
---
#256ZeroBeattPosted 1/28/2013 9:52:27 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Asuract posted...
Nostalgia is very powerful people, just because the game isn't the same as the rest of them, doesn't make them bad. If you went and replayed some of the older FF games, sure they are better, but they are better for very specific reasons, mainly the story, and characters. The FF battle system has ALWAYS been so very boring and mindless. I would like to see them evol the battle system to match that of a Tales game. The new FF games just lack good story and characters. It hurts game-play the lack of good dungeons and maps/areas/towns/people kill the atmosphere.

All in all, i think that the Tales of franchise will end up bring the new FF in the west. They are both JRPGs, while FF has tried to cater towards the WEST in terms of characters and story. It has seriously hurt them by doing so. Personally to me, most WRPG are very bland in gameplay (Shooters,third and first) and have poor characters and or no story. Saving the world is almost always going to be the theme of any RPG or game, but how you do it and with what character types is whats mainly important. Secondly it's about where you go to do it to. If you go to the moon and find out you're a lunarian and that the final boss is your brother....then hot damn that's pretty cool right? What cool factors do you find out in the new FF games? Nothing at all really. I have low expectations for FF13-3, but high hopes.

The Tales of series will never be as big as FF due to the terrible story and characters for a majority of the games along with the anime art style.

.....You just described FFX *hides behind flame shield*
---
---
#257ZeroBeattPosted 1/28/2013 9:56:20 AM
oxnerd posted...
Honestly I don't see the games getting progressively better from the last ----they are just so different that you can't compare them like that---- Every game is unique and people who hate on 13 only hate it because its the most different and its the one that's out now.
People keep forgetting that these games aren't sequels to each other, they are each world's apart. Each one of these games have their own worlds and as such these worlds require an acquired taste. Just because you don't like one game over another doesn't mean the series needs to die.

Actually no I would say XII and is the most different, and I love that game to death.
---
---
#258TriangleHardPosted 1/28/2013 9:59:36 AM
kirusu posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
drsw36 posted...
justdontask posted...
no, FF is doing fine....
FF is still the great franchise that it always was, whether you think so or not... it hasnt done anything different, and at the same time it has done everything different, and i hope they keep it up...

This. FF is far from being dead but yeah they are losing fans jus like all big series; Assassin's creed, Sonic, Resident Evil, DMC. Everytime a series evolve they lose fans. Some people can't except change.

Don't give me the "some people can't accept change" BS. That's just an excuse, and you know it. By the way, not all change is good. People have no problem with good change, like with Metroid Prime. Just saying.

*clears throat*

-All The Bravest. 'Nuff said.

-Revealed another browser game instead of something that would have been awesome like Star Ocean 5.

-TWEWY countdown was for an iOS port instead of an actual sequel.

-Versus XIII hasn't been released yet after nearly 7 years since its announcement. They have kept potential customers in the dark for over 2 years now.

-Type-0 has not been localized, and it's been over a year since its Japanese release. This game was also announced in 2006.

-Bravely Default has gotten no word on a localization yet.

-Chrono has been ignored for over a decade now, minus a DS port.

-Square Enix killed the Mana series with the terrible Dawn of Mana. Oh wait... they're making Circle of Mana, which is an iOS game...

-Square Enix mutilated and mercilessly destroyed the Parasite Eve franchise with The 3rd Birthday.

-Front Mission was ruined with Front Mission: Evolved.

-It's been nearly 3 years since Final Fantasy XIII's release and there has been no word on the next offline mainline title, when the next main offline title is usually announced before the release of one. For example, XIII was announced 5 months before XII's release, and IX, X, and XI were announced at the same time.

-Square Enix released Final Fantasy XIV in the sorry-ass state that it was, thinking that they could get away with it, and then suffered massive losses, tarnishing the FF brand and pushing the development of other games back a few YEARS to fix this gigantic mess.

-Didn't advertise/help Cavia enough, and they died as a result.

-They haven't been pushing tri-Ace to continue with their awesome IP's, and instead, they have been forcing them to help out on cheap cash-ins like XIII-2.

-They continuously use terrible writers like Toriyama for some reason despite everyone hating everything that he does.

-Square Enix hasn't released a main console Kingdom Hearts game in 6 years now.

-Square Enix is using part of their resources to milk XIII when that wasn't needed.

-One of the VERY few games they worked on this gen outside of FF, The Last Remnant, was PLAGUED with bugs that made it almost unplayable.

-They announced a port of Final Fantasy X last year and there hasn't been any sort of news on it since its reveal.

Square Enix has been a terrible company the last few years outside of their published stuff.

worse than capcom?

Yes worse than Capcom.

At least Capcom is capable evil. They abuse fans, but makes money from it.

Square on the other hand is just stupid evil.

They can't even wipe their own arse let alone make money. Fans are dumping money on them and they STILL have financial problem.

I mean Enix already saved their @$$ once. C'mon!
#259Valkyrie_SeraPosted 1/28/2013 10:04:56 AM
ZeroBeatt posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Asuract posted...
Nostalgia is very powerful people, just because the game isn't the same as the rest of them, doesn't make them bad. If you went and replayed some of the older FF games, sure they are better, but they are better for very specific reasons, mainly the story, and characters. The FF battle system has ALWAYS been so very boring and mindless. I would like to see them evol the battle system to match that of a Tales game. The new FF games just lack good story and characters. It hurts game-play the lack of good dungeons and maps/areas/towns/people kill the atmosphere.

All in all, i think that the Tales of franchise will end up bring the new FF in the west. They are both JRPGs, while FF has tried to cater towards the WEST in terms of characters and story. It has seriously hurt them by doing so. Personally to me, most WRPG are very bland in gameplay (Shooters,third and first) and have poor characters and or no story. Saving the world is almost always going to be the theme of any RPG or game, but how you do it and with what character types is whats mainly important. Secondly it's about where you go to do it to. If you go to the moon and find out you're a lunarian and that the final boss is your brother....then hot damn that's pretty cool right? What cool factors do you find out in the new FF games? Nothing at all really. I have low expectations for FF13-3, but high hopes.

The Tales of series will never be as big as FF due to the terrible story and characters for a majority of the games along with the anime art style.

---

*shoot at your flame shield with my water gun*

Super Effective!
---
This Kupo1705 meme is best!
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/32048543.jpg
#260ZeroBeattPosted 1/28/2013 10:06:47 AM
Valkyrie_Sera posted...
ZeroBeatt posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Asuract posted...

---

*shoot at your flame shield with my water gun*

Super Effective!

*Flame Shield has fainted*
*returns it to pokeball*
---
---