FF needs to die.

#271RomangeloPosted 1/28/2013 12:17:39 PM(edited)
TriangleHard posted...
drsw36 posted...
TriangleHard posted...
Yes worse than Capcom.

At least Capcom is capable evil. They abuse fans, but makes money from it.

Square on the other hand is just stupid evil.

They can't even wipe their own arse let alone make money. Fans are dumping money on them and they STILL have financial problem.

I mean Enix already saved their @$$ once. C'mon!

Yes you're right they are in trouble...oh wait:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/square-enix-profits-nearly-triple-due-to-deus-ex-ffxiii-2-6349731

And... you forget the money they lost due to development in other games and their sales number

games like FFXIV, Sleeping Dogs, etc.

they still have billions yen to develop XIV... from XI subscription fees.

and it was Hironobu Sakaguchi, the god of nostalgia fans who messed up and bankrupted the company so he needs to go.

now Toriyama, Kitase and Wada are actually making money for the company but you people still want them to leave (and bring Sakaguchi back)

what a bias bullcrap? just blinded by hate and nostalgia.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#272MewMewFanPosted 1/28/2013 12:20:22 PM
Romangelo posted...
TriangleHard posted...
drsw36 posted...
TriangleHard posted...
Yes worse than Capcom.

They can't even wipe their own arse let alone make money. Fans are dumping money on them and they STILL have financial problem.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/square-enix-profits-nearly-triple-due-to-deus-ex-ffxiii-2-6349731

And... you forget the money they lost due to development in other games and their sales number

and it was Hironobu Sakaguchi, the god of nostalgia fans who messed up and bankrupted the company so he needs to go.

now Toriyama, Kitase and Wada are actually making money for the company but you people still want them to leave (and bring Sakaguchi back)

I had to agree with you on this one. Toriyam, Kitase and Wada are good creators or something and they helped the FF series stay alive. It's like they're the godfathers of the FF games. I don't get why people want those three hard working men to leave and insult SE for doing an horrible job. Then again, it's trolls we're talking about.
#273gwoodtamuPosted 1/28/2013 12:24:22 PM
My numbers? When did I say those were my numbers?

Those are SE's numbers, you know, the ones they report to the stock markets to determine their financial growth? Not some silly online podcast.

Fact is, the direction that SE is going financially is making the company money, and the vocal minority will not deter them from success when so many are still quite willing to purchase the quality product that they are delivering.

Deus Ex, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Sleeping Dogs, with Tomb Raider on the way, regardless of outside sourcing or not, are the direction that SE has taken, and are doing great things for the company.

As much as I hate to say it, the JRPG has lost it's selling power. I am a huge JRPG fan but even I have come to accept this as the truth of today's gaming industry. I am very happy that some companies regardless are still producing amazing product like Ni No Kuni, which is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, and the last thing I will do is jump all over Square Enix's ass when they are one of the few remaining studios still attempting to give us a quality JRPG experience. They can't help it if the FF fan base is one of the most self entitled groups in gaming history. Just be happy they are even giving you a game, otherwise, go play Call of Duty and be quiet.
#274drsw36Posted 1/28/2013 12:41:39 PM
TriangleHard posted...
Been listening to Giantbomb's bombcast, and they always mention that Square is doing poor fiancially.

I think I'd trust their info over your opinion.

What the heck is Giantbomb? Lol

Anyway the fact is SE is not in trouble and they are making profits. They will make even more now that Tomb Raider is coming. The collector edition is already sold out in many countries.
---
Proud owner of a : PC, PS3, XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2, GC, Snes, WII.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drsw36
#275Arn544Posted 1/28/2013 1:17:40 PM
Wow what a load of crap

If it werent for Sakaguchi Squaresoft would have never become a multi billion dollar corporation

Square enix is *not* profiting, at least not on the FF series, Eidos titles are the only thing holding them up right now

toriyama and wada need to go because they're a couple of troll faced dumb ****s who couldn't make a good game if they spent a billion dollars on development. Of course I guess the lack of their ability to form any creative thought is probably a side effect of their first memories being of their mothers trying to drown them.

Sakaguchi had one bad product, he had 11 timeless classics, he also worked on chorno trigger and mario RPG. Everything that man touched became a great game, without him every remake, every sequel, every spin off, every original title has been nothing but an abortion.
#276arvilinoPosted 1/28/2013 1:55:12 PM
Arn544 posted...
Sakaguchi had one bad product, he had 11 timeless classics, he also worked on chorno trigger and mario RPG. Everything that man touched became a great game, without him every remake, every sequel, every spin off, every original title has been nothing but an abortion.

I don't think many think Blue Dragon was that good.
#277RomangeloPosted 1/28/2013 3:02:20 PM
you people are so mean to SE.

they need to evolve the series in order to survive in the industry. but they always have stuffs for oldschool fans like FF Dimension, all those remaster and remake on the PSP/DS, the PSOne classics and iOS ports. they made games for both modern players and oldschool fans. so what's your problem? you want SE to make classic games only? and raise their middle finger for the teenagers market? that's not a good idea to do business.

look at those classic jRPG that you people worshipped, like Tales of Graces f for example.

"it's the real jRPG guyz!!! it's better than XIII-2 !!! it's a must buy!! please buy Graces f to support jRPGs!!!"

they'll sell like 200k copies if they're lucky. you people think you're the majority of jRPG fanbase but you're not. that's why SE needs to take a new direction.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#278Arn544Posted 1/28/2013 3:02:56 PM
arvilino posted...
Arn544 posted...

Let's see what kind of game you could make with a non existant budget, SE stole his creations from him. Most of his own ideas are copy writed so he can't even use stuff on his new works.
#279drsw36Posted 1/28/2013 4:02:19 PM
Arn544 posted...
arvilino posted...
Arn544 posted...

Let's see what kind of game you could make with a non existant budget, SE stole his creations from him. Most of his own ideas are copy writed so he can't even use stuff on his new works.

Oh boy...
---
Proud owner of a : PC, PS3, XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2, GC, Snes, WII.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drsw36
#280theofficefan99Posted 1/28/2013 5:15:51 PM
MewMewFan posted...
Romangelo posted...
TriangleHard posted...
drsw36 posted...
TriangleHard posted...
Yes worse than Capcom.

I had to agree with you on this one. Toriyam, Kitase and Wada are good creators or something and they helped the FF series stay alive. It's like they're the godfathers of the FF games. I don't get why people want those three hard working men to leave and insult SE for doing an horrible job. Then again, it's trolls we're talking about.

Kitase... well his quality has slipped, but he has been a great contributor overall. Toriyama? Can't say the same. XIII-2 was awful, X-2 was awful aside from the battle system, The 3rd Birthday was a travesty, Front Mission: Evolved was disgusting, and Final Fantasy XIII, while I personally liked it, is easily the most controversial main installment in the series. Apparently he was very involved in Final Fantasy X, which is pretty much unquestionably a great game, and I'll thank him for that.

And lol, Wada? He's responsible for everything in Square Enix, which means he's terrible. He's the one who wanted to rush out Final Fantasy XIV where it was nowhere near complete. He's the one who loves his money-grubbing tactics and focusing on iOS ports. He's the one who loves to churn out low-quality and budget spin-offs/ports/sequels in order to make a quick buck. Wada doesn't care about reputation. He just cares about how much money he can make in a fiscal year. And yes, I know that it's a good thing business-wise, but honestly, not really. It'd be smart if he built up a loyal fanbase, but instead, he's been doing an amazing job at ruining Square Enix's reputation, and it shows, thanks to the dwindling sales figures.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin