FF needs to die.

#71kirusuPosted 1/27/2013 6:15:51 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
drsw36 posted...
justdontask posted...
no, FF is doing fine....
FF is still the great franchise that it always was, whether you think so or not... it hasnt done anything different, and at the same time it has done everything different, and i hope they keep it up...

This. FF is far from being dead but yeah they are losing fans jus like all big series; Assassin's creed, Sonic, Resident Evil, DMC. Everytime a series evolve they lose fans. Some people can't except change.

Don't give me the "some people can't accept change" BS. That's just an excuse, and you know it. By the way, not all change is good. People have no problem with good change, like with Metroid Prime. Just saying.

*clears throat*

-All The Bravest. 'Nuff said.

-Revealed another browser game instead of something that would have been awesome like Star Ocean 5.

-TWEWY countdown was for an iOS port instead of an actual sequel.

-Versus XIII hasn't been released yet after nearly 7 years since its announcement. They have kept potential customers in the dark for over 2 years now.

-Type-0 has not been localized, and it's been over a year since its Japanese release. This game was also announced in 2006.

-Bravely Default has gotten no word on a localization yet.

-Chrono has been ignored for over a decade now, minus a DS port.

-Square Enix killed the Mana series with the terrible Dawn of Mana. Oh wait... they're making Circle of Mana, which is an iOS game...

-Square Enix mutilated and mercilessly destroyed the Parasite Eve franchise with The 3rd Birthday.

-Front Mission was ruined with Front Mission: Evolved.

-It's been nearly 3 years since Final Fantasy XIII's release and there has been no word on the next offline mainline title, when the next main offline title is usually announced before the release of one. For example, XIII was announced 5 months before XII's release, and IX, X, and XI were announced at the same time.

-Square Enix released Final Fantasy XIV in the sorry-ass state that it was, thinking that they could get away with it, and then suffered massive losses, tarnishing the FF brand and pushing the development of other games back a few YEARS to fix this gigantic mess.

-Didn't advertise/help Cavia enough, and they died as a result.

-They haven't been pushing tri-Ace to continue with their awesome IP's, and instead, they have been forcing them to help out on cheap cash-ins like XIII-2.

-They continuously use terrible writers like Toriyama for some reason despite everyone hating everything that he does.

-Square Enix hasn't released a main console Kingdom Hearts game in 6 years now.

-Square Enix is using part of their resources to milk XIII when that wasn't needed.

-One of the VERY few games they worked on this gen outside of FF, The Last Remnant, was PLAGUED with bugs that made it almost unplayable.

-They announced a port of Final Fantasy X last year and there hasn't been any sort of news on it since its reveal.

Square Enix has been a terrible company the last few years outside of their published stuff.

worse than capcom?
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#72Cobra1010Posted 1/27/2013 6:19:45 PM
SE are the boss, we are the servants. We should not complain or we will get our asses whipped.
---
Playing: Nothing, maybe a bit of LoL. Am I getting old or are games this gen just mediocre?
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#73theofficefan99Posted 1/27/2013 6:21:35 PM
Cobra1010 posted...
SE are the boss, we are the servants. We should not complain or we will get our asses whipped.

Uh... LOL.

If they "whip" us, they will go bankrupt. They are our "servants." We don't need to buy their games. They get their money and reputation from us.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#74RomangeloPosted 1/27/2013 6:24:22 PM
how about you modern FF haters give up and accept your death already? it's about time...

can't accept the change? then just extinct. you people are zombie dinosaurs who keep annoying the new generation of gamers.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#75drsw36Posted 1/27/2013 6:25:47 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
drsw36 posted...
justdontask posted...
no, FF is doing fine....
FF is still the great franchise that it always was, whether you think so or not... it hasnt done anything different, and at the same time it has done everything different, and i hope they keep it up...

This. FF is far from being dead but yeah they are losing fans jus like all big series; Assassin's creed, Sonic, Resident Evil, DMC. Everytime a series evolve they lose fans. Some people can't except change.

Blah blah blah

You don't have to copy and pass all the crap you said before I read it all you know. Why do you always force your opinions on others office?

My point his all video game series that as been around for a long time will at some point change to please a new generation of audience and some long time fans won't like it and this will devise the fan base. Just look at this board, they're tons of topic created everyday about how SE use to be better back in the day. Some people don't like change.

Some want a FF with airships, town & medieval setting like the old ones other want FF more like the new ones. Some want change some don't.
---
Proud owner of a : PC, PS3, XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2, GC, Snes, WII.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drsw36
#76Cobra1010Posted 1/27/2013 6:25:49 PM
All we can do is throw money as SE. We can either throw less money or throw money. We should all continue to support our masters during their down time.

All hail FF13, all hail SE. Please make FF13-4, FF13-5. Then one day maybe FF17 will be good.
---
Playing: Nothing, maybe a bit of LoL. Am I getting old or are games this gen just mediocre?
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#77kirusuPosted 1/27/2013 6:26:14 PM
Romangelo posted...
how about you modern FF haters give up and accept your death already? it's about time...

can't accept the change? then just extinct. you people are zombie dinosaurs who keep annoying the new generation of gamers.

doesnt this also apply to current ff praisers? sides i dont remember hating ff type-0 and thats modern.
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#78justdontaskPosted 1/27/2013 6:27:37 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
-They continuously use terrible writers like Toriyama for some reason despite everyone hating everything that he does.

i enjoyed the story in 13, so not everyone hates Toriyama's writing.... and i can guarantee that there are other people that agree with me, so youre wrong...

KevinCC posted...
XIII... it's on more than one system at its launch. Battles are greatly different from any previous game. So much was removed, such as towns and NPCs, and much of the game goes through mostly-straight corridors with few sidepaths.

yes because in 10 or 12 you talked to all those NPCs that were irrelevant right? and i do mean all of them! and you went through everything in every town in all of them to find all the treasures or easter eggs...... and what about the linearity of 10? there was nothing qualified as a side quest or side path until Calm Lands, and then there was one optional dungeon, and one side quest... hell, it takes longer to get to the Calm Lands in 10 than the Archylte Steppe in 13... which one is more linear?

dont complain about the lack of NPCs and towns if you didnt use them in the other games... if you didnt talk to at least some of the NPCs in Rabanastre in 12 your first playthrough, why do you want more NPCs in 13? there were enough as it is in Hanging Edge, Palumpolum, Nautilus, and Eden... and why bother with towns? you only go to towns to heal, save, and buy stuff (unless you do talk to people, which i doubt).... why waste all that time looking for the shop when it IS the save point?

and the battles... because they were exactly the same in the last main games (10, literally one at a time, 9 ATB, and 12 no battle screen)... the battles cant be considered bad with the only reason as "they were different"... go into detail a bit...
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#79Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/27/2013 6:30:40 PM
I liked FF13. And no, it wasn't even close to my first FF.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#80Rydiafan013Posted 1/27/2013 6:31:15 PM
13 was so much better then 7 ... and my opinion is all that matters to me ...