Y/N Should Lightning die in the ending.

#21ExtremeLightPosted 1/27/2013 7:45:06 PM
AmyUnleashed posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
AmyUnleashed posted...
After what they did to Serah in FF13-2 it would not be completly unlikely. Would you like Lightning to die in the ending of this game and not ever come back. Yes or No?

Yes from me

There was a poll on this. The majority wanted Lightning to die.

My bad, i never saw that topic. Not shocked at the result though lol

It was like two weeks ago. It said which characters should die in LR. And most said Lightning. I said Lightning because it only seem logical that she is going on this suicidal mission to save the remnants of humanity and bring Serah back. If she die, her death will be memorable.
Theory: SE said that you would see her becoming more human throughout the game. I called that foreshadowing because the once invincible Lightning is human again? She performs this last miracle and she die similar to the way Serah did.
No other FF13 game will be made except she may returns in DLCs, Dissidia, Spin-off, prequel, KH, etc.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#22Mindwipe77Posted 1/27/2013 10:09:59 PM
i dont want her to die at the end but i never want to see her again in another ff title. I want this saga to end forever so SE can move on to new ff's. However if they try to pair her with hope in some nonsensical way then i rather see her stone cold dead
---
Now playing-DMC
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns
#23rokkumanPosted 1/27/2013 10:14:48 PM
What was the point of even making the entire FFXIII series if the 2 main characters (Lightning and Serah) die?
---
"Ninja Gaiden: So hard that it kills your friends" - Penny Arcade
#24kupo1705Posted 1/27/2013 10:52:07 PM
No, she should die at the start.
#25TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/27/2013 11:01:44 PM
Dying in the end has become cliched.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#26Mentos2000Posted 1/27/2013 11:11:23 PM(edited)
TheGreatPotato posted...

Cliches don't matter. If the execution is done well then it will be appreciated and well received.

*EDIT* I mean execution as in execution of the scene not as in dying
#27TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/27/2013 11:17:44 PM
Mentos2000 posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...

Cliches don't matter. If the execution is done well then it will be appreciated and well received.

*EDIT* I mean execution as in execution of the scene not as in dying

I know what you meant. It has still been overdone.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#28Destroyer_MagePosted 1/27/2013 11:36:14 PM
No,unless it makes her happy to die ,then Yes she should die.
---
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
#29ValcristPLPosted 1/27/2013 11:53:40 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Yes. She should die an honorable death.

Of course, people will rage over this since fans of the Lightning Saga don't care about quality writing and just want all the characters who are gone/dead to be magically revived.

Whorethning dying won't be quality writing. It will be lame and cliche, look who is doing the writing.
---
Metal Gear Saga marathon: MGS1 in progress.
#30Lindaru111Posted 1/28/2013 1:11:24 AM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
No,unless it makes her happy to die ,then Yes she should die.

Is SE hinting that suicide makes people happy?!
my god...
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane FFIX