FF needs a Comeback.

#21theofficefan99Posted 1/27/2013 11:22:43 PM
HAAH_WAAW posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
ARR is the game MMO players want.

B2P or bust.

Honestly, this.

I wish it wasn't P2P. I'm sure they'd get a lot more sales this way, and they could find other forms of getting money out of players for optional content, I'm sure.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#22theofficefan99Posted 1/27/2013 11:23:11 PM
kupo1705 posted...
They own Eidos, let them make FF games from now on.

---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#23mahroflcopterPosted 1/27/2013 11:25:17 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

They made Deus Ex Human Revolution, so in my book they are more than qualified. Too bad they are defunct.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#24theofficefan99Posted 1/27/2013 11:29:42 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

They made Deus Ex Human Revolution, so in my book they are more than qualified. Too bad they are defunct.

I love DE:HR to bits, but I don't think they should take over the reins for Final Fantasy.

Eidos is defunct? 0_o Since when? Isn't Tomb Raider coming out in 2 months?
---
#25kupo1705Posted 1/27/2013 11:31:29 PM
They still exist, though the Eidos name is dead.
#26theofficefan99Posted 1/27/2013 11:35:43 PM
kupo1705 posted...
They still exist, though the Eidos name is dead.

Oh, right, so they were absorbed?

Only the name is gone. Doesn't really count :p
---
#27FireMage7777Posted 1/27/2013 11:37:02 PM
I'm here to laugh at whoever said KH had horrible writers
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
"Well objective truth happens to be an opinion" -Gohan9221
#28ValorZraykPosted 1/27/2013 11:48:41 PM
FireMage7777 posted...

---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2>11
#29ValcristPLPosted 1/27/2013 11:50:46 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Type-0 localization, and the releasing of Versus and X HD are all it take to win back the millions of fans around the globe. Even more so the Lightning Saga is coming to an end with a game that dare to be different. And 14 is being revived.

My friends (and foes) Rejoice!!!
The moment LR or ARR (Whichever come first) touch this ground SE will make the ultimate comeback. LR is set to be a more decent game than 13-2 and 13. ARR is the game MMO players want. And Versus and X HD are looking at a 2014 release date. ALSO we have KH 1.5 HD remake coming soon. #Epichype

So you mean an MMO that a lot of fans won't touch, a couple of re-releases of old games, a prequel to a game most fans didn't want and a game that was announced in 2006?

Good luck.
---
Metal Gear Saga marathon: MGS1 in progress.
#30theofficefan99Posted 1/28/2013 12:02:58 AM(edited)
FireMage7777 posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg27cjUb7fc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTw7BTX9VIo

Yup, brilliant writing right there. I can just feel the depth of the characters through their extremely cheesy and cringe-worthy lines. I also love the pacing of each of the non-console games where a vast majority of the story is told at the beginning and the end. I also love the retcons and the increasingly outrageous story elements that the games are throwing at the players.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997779-kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distance/63983451

OP sums it up quite well.

http://sflchronicle.com/entertainment/video-games-reviews/2011/10/top-five-worst-video-game-plot-twists/

"Everything about Kingdom Hearts is a bad plot device. The light and dark themes that have nothing to do with one another, the inclusion of the Nobodies, the lack of cohesive reasons for the separate worlds existing, the inclusion of a billion new characters that are unrelated until itís conveniently necessary that they are, etc. Hereís the thing about Kingdom Hearts: the original had a bad story, but it was enjoyable for what it was. It was fun because it didnít take itself too seriously and we all knew that everything was just an excuse to get to play alongside our favorite Disney and Final Fantasy characters. But Square-Enix is just never content with a series until it crashes and burns in spectacular fashion, preferably by the inclusion of obtuse gameplay mechanics that are the real life equivalent of running an airplane with bicycle pedals (Iím looking at you, Final Fantasy XIV!).

Fast forward to Kingdom Hearts 2, when Square-Enix decided to try to make a cohesive plot out of an existing story that has more holes than a piece of Swiss cheese. I could go into detail on how bad the series started to become at this point, but I think itís easier to show you. Visual aid time!

The first two front flips are Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. The third front flip is the rest of the entire f***ing series.

I swear to God, itís like Square-Enix hired fifty different writers for all the seven hundred different Kingdom Hearts games and kept them all separated in sound proof glass cubicles. Having the writers mime to each other the overall plot points of the Kingdom Hearts series seems about the only logical explanation for such a cluster f**k of a story. Once in a while, Square-Enix would probably forget to add air holes to one cubicle, which is as good of an explanation as any for the rest of the brain damaged writing that permeates Kingdom Hearts as a whole."

If you think the Kingdom Hearts series has a remotely good plot, dialogue, characters and storytelling, you need to read better books, watch better movies, and play games with better stories. Basically, you need to broaden your horizons. Kingdom Hearts' story is a mess aimed towards children.
---