You can hate Toriyama all you want

#21kupo1705Posted 1/28/2013 8:01:55 AM
shinigami_matt posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
He's making ass loads of money while creating games. I doubt he gives a **** how many people hate him lol.

And we don't care if he cares or not. He's just not very good.

Sure. I don't disagree. But he's making money doing something he loves. How many people can say that?

He makes money for doing Lightning dolls?
#22shinigami_mattPosted 1/28/2013 8:03:24 AM
kupo1705 posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
He's making ass loads of money while creating games. I doubt he gives a **** how many people hate him lol.

Sure. I don't disagree. But he's making money doing something he loves. How many people can say that?

Yes. Isn't that what we all want in life?
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#23DarkSymbiotePosted 1/28/2013 8:04:09 AM
Celes--Chere posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
That's no excuse. FFXIII sold very well to warrant a proper sequel.

Yes it is, it's a perfectly valid excuse.

You're not the most level headed person on this board so it doesn't matter.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#24kupo1705Posted 1/28/2013 8:04:47 AM
shinigami_matt posted...
kupo1705 posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
shinigami_matt posted...

Yes. Isn't that what we all want in life?

Depends on how much I get for it.
#25Celes--CherePosted 1/28/2013 8:08:10 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
That's no excuse. FFXIII sold very well to warrant a proper sequel.

Yes it is, it's a perfectly valid excuse.

You're not the most level headed person on this board so it doesn't matter.

So that's it, you think by insulting me your point is more valid, congrats.
---
Holy_Banisher
#26ChronuxPosted 1/28/2013 11:28:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27Smurf86Posted 1/28/2013 11:59:21 AM
Ew no. The only people worse than Toriyama in the company are Yoshida and Komoto. THEY are what drove the final nail in the coffin. Toriyama was the guy that bought the said coffin and did a terrible job haggling it.
---
Jump Ultimate Stars Code~ 3308 0151 9727
Brawl FC~ 3394 3211 5509
#28hitomikittykinsPosted 1/28/2013 1:53:29 PM
Wow. First off hi honey! *waves to jecths-Fayth* I finally got to posting here. I was too busy playing Dragons Dogma and doing laundry :D

Everyone is entitled to their opinions so I'm not going to come in here calling people names and whatnot. But from an artists standpoint, Toriyama is doing nothing out of the ordinary. One of the age old truths of writing is "write what you love". Sure, there are people who don't like it. Just like there are people who don't like twilight and Harry Potter. That doesn't change the fact that enough fans exist to make it worth putting out.

Every game has its flaws that cause a rift between the fans and dislikers. For example, the game that holds so much praise it has ascended to godhood: ff7. Great game. I love it. But the story has holes you can guide a swarm of midgar serpents through. For instance, we are introduced to the concept of the cetra, but left wondering about the details. They "come in, settle a planet, then move on"? What does that mean exactly? And Jenova. We can only speculate what she is. To other people, those gaping holes would be enough to put people off.

I'll grant that the "change the future and you change the past" is a shaky concept. That only works if we view time as a "solid construct" in which changing the future necessitates some unseen alteration in the past to justify the outcome. That illusion is ruined, however, by the structure of the game (ie. The ability to choose alternate versions of the same area at will, rather than dealing with a single-strand reality).

Many of the complaints i've seen with 13 don't really register as complaints to me. First of all, the linearity/lack of Towns characteristic of ff games. The storyline was that of a group of fugitives. It wouldn't have made sense to allow the player to roam freely through town, unless an assassins creed-esque system was built. I'd have been more upset of I WAS allowed to walk freely through Towns. Take dragons dogma for example. At a certain point you are pursued through town by guards who are trying to kill you. After escaping you are then able to go right back into town, pass by guards, and there are no consequences.

Overall I think people should realize that opinion is not fact. You may not like the game in question, but enough people do. If you think its terrible, take it as a challenge to go out and make one that's better.
---
You'll never take us alive you goose bastard!
PSN id TakBak.
#29EnferolunosPosted 1/28/2013 1:56:11 PM
Jecths_Fayth posted...
But he's doing exactly what anyone here would be doing with Final Fantasy. He's following his own sense of artistic creativity to produce games he feels will sell. SE must think so too, otherwise he would be fired. So chew on that. We all want to be Toriyama in our own way.

That's the problem
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#30ValcristPLPosted 1/28/2013 1:56:46 PM
We all want to be Toriyama in our own way

Okay, what the other troll said about Raiden is not the dumbest thing I heard today.
---
Metal Gear Saga marathon: MGS1 in progress.