Do you replay XIII games? and is it fun? :P

#41Panda_KunPosted 1/29/2013 5:51:02 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
Yes. More fun than sour cream.

I wouldn't go that far. o.o Sour cream is pretty amazing. A dollop of daisy goes a long way.

But I already said it.

..it's too late for me now. Save yourself. Forget about me. Go!
---
---F*** the JRPG Cliche Hate. I felt like a badass saving the whole f***** world for the first time, I still feel badass doing it for the hundredth time."
#42tiornysPosted 1/29/2013 11:11:50 PM
dils-d posted...
Thing is I managed to play the game fairly well, up to the point where I didn't have to upgrade any weapons and could skip most of the enemies since I could use strategy to defeat the bosses anyway. Thing is my characters are now so under-leveled they'd die after most any strong attack.

I can progress just fine, but it takes the fun out of the gameplay when I need to stop to heal during Staggers.

Ah, indeed, so basically a challenge run. Yeah, farming is probably the only good solution if you're feeling that underpowered, although upgrading some defensive equipment might also help.

Out of curiosity, how far into the game are you? I have a similar run (mandatory fights and guarded treasures only) sitting at the end of chapter 12 at the moment. I know I can beat PC2 if I upgrade some Black Belts (or spend some of the 100k CP I have stored), but so far I've managed without upgrades and I'd like to keep that going.

Dinah7 posted...
Neither games have amazing replayability but XIII becomes worse during repeated playthroughs since theres really no deviation, every time you play its the same

Why are you playing it the same way every time? Even something as simple as choosing a different party leader will give you a different experience.

t~
#43XenonmillionPosted 1/30/2013 1:45:06 AM
It is fun, both these games are masterpieces, XIII a little more so just due to the art direction and talent they put into the game. Linearity is a non-issue for me, though all they needed to do was give you the ability to switch party leaders around. Though they done the same in FF7 but they actually gave you the PHS shortly after so I have no idea why we couldn't use, like for example use Hope as a leader in Lake Bresha, thats pretty much my only complaint along with the apparently buggy Slow ATB option. Which coulda been added to FF13-2 as well but the commands stack way faster and better in that game.
#44ValcristPLPosted 1/30/2013 1:52:01 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
It has as much replayability as FF IV does. :u And everyone loves FF IV.

Lolno.

If there is an FF game that is worse than XIII, it's IV.

The cliches, Cecil, the cringeworthy drama, the stupid encounter rates.
---
Metal Gear Saga marathon: MGS2 HD in progress.
#45dils-dPosted 1/30/2013 2:10:58 AM
ValcristPL posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Lolno.

At least we can agree on something. Original version of IV is one of the worst games I've ever played.
---
http://tinyurl.com/rdjlaw
I DON'T REMEMBER THIS PART
#46Lindaru111Posted 1/30/2013 2:15:17 AM
dils-d posted...
ValcristPL posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Lolno.

At least we can agree on something. Original version of IV is one of the worst games I've ever played.

What about the oh so infameous DS remake of IV?
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)
#47VitharPosted 1/30/2013 5:17:51 AM
platinumed XIII-2 and replayed the whole story 2X
I replayed XIII again recently to try to understand the story better and quit when I came back to trap farming....god I hated that.

Still enjoyed both for what they were. I still cannot wrap my head around being solo in LR, just doesn't suit me at all. Probably gonna pass on it and watch the story on youtube
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#48MalakTawusPosted 1/30/2013 7:40:28 AM
Replayed both FFXIII and FFXIII-2 (replayed only one time FFXIII-2 from the beginning since i generally replayed single areas anyway) and it was fun.

I especially focused in FFXIII on all the little things that the first time you don't understand (especially in the beginning) :)
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#49TorgoForeverPosted 1/30/2013 8:38:56 AM
Lindaru111 posted...
dils-d posted...
ValcristPL posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Lolno.

What about the oh so infameous DS remake of IV?

For FFIV's standards, the DS Remake is overall solid actually.
---
MAXIMUM OVEREXPOSITION: http://imgur.com/p8VeC7h
oFFiciAL ToRgO(pOn), wAKaMoToRcyClE. YoR, and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#50gwoodtamuPosted 1/30/2013 9:36:21 AM
Have played XIII twice,

I thought it was good the first time, but it left me wanting more. I then played XIII-2, I had a ton of fun with it, I thought it was wonderful and for awhile I was convinced it was the better of the two games. Then I replayed XIII again, now that I fully understood the universe, the characters, and everything that was going on, I fell in love with the game. I appreciate the artistic detail taken with every ounce of the game. The back story and development of each character, and the detail of the story and how it was written, not to mention the most engaging battle system in the series, makes it one of the best of the series, IMO, only behind FF7.

Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own, I understand some people despise it for not being "Final Fantasy" enough, with the linearity, or the lack of towns, but that is their opinion. I see very little difference in the styles between 13 and 10, and 10 is beloved as one of the best of the series.

I also find it hilarious that so many people call foul on Toriyama, yet he is responsible for the direction of X.

/shrug