What do you hate about FFXIII?

#71mahroflcopterPosted 1/29/2013 1:46:43 PM(edited)
find no fan tar sea posted...
kupo1705 posted...
The textures on the rocks in chapter 7.
They're really ugly.

You forgot to mention those chunky-square-sausages they called fingers. Like i swear, this is a ps3 game so why does the characters have square blocky fingers??

Lightning has around 8,300 polygons in XIII and the rest of the party has only a few more or quite a bit less. By comparison, Nathan Drake in Uncharted 3 had 22,000+ in addition to 5,000 polygons being solely for his hair. Square did a really good job hiding the fact that the character models really aren't that good.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#72Panda_KunPosted 1/29/2013 1:47:17 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
I don't care that you don't care about me not caring.

Just shut up.

Make me.

I will.

Blah blah.
---
---F*** the JRPG Cliche Hate. I felt like a badass saving the whole f***** world for the first time, I still feel badass doing it for the hundredth time."
#73Celes--CherePosted 1/29/2013 1:47:37 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
kupo1705 posted...
They're really ugly.

You forgot to mention those chunky-square-sausages they called fingers. Like i swear, this is a ps3 game so why does the characters have square blocky fingers??

Lightning has around 8,300 polygons in XIII and the rest of the party has only a few more or quite a bit less. By comparison, Nathan Drake in Uncharted 3 had 22,000+ in addition to 5,000 polygons being solely for his hair. Square did a really good job hiding the fact that the character models really aren't that good.

Uncharted 3 was released after FFXIII, and the character models in XIII look great tome.
---
Holy_Banisher
#74mahroflcopterPosted 1/29/2013 1:49:44 PM
Celes--Chere posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
kupo1705 posted...
They're really ugly.

Uncharted 3 was released after FFXIII, and the character models in XIII look great tome.

They are good to look at from a distance. Too close? They are blocky as all hell. Again, the textures look good as long as you don't pay too close attention to them, hence why I said "They hide it well".
---
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#75mahroflcopterPosted 1/29/2013 1:58:43 PM
@Celes

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking XIII's graphics which still hold their own today (the art direction helps a lot). However, the polygon count (which, honestly, is on the lower end of the scale... even for games that came before it) and the amount of blockiness in XIII's character models has become very noticeable over time.
---
#76CokaineCowboy77Posted 1/29/2013 2:02:19 PM
Everything but the graphics.
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFX>FFIX>FFIV>FFVIII
XIII= S***
#77MoooglemanPosted 1/29/2013 2:16:27 PM
Lack of moogles, lack of just being a final fantasy game it's not up to snuff. it's just silly. i mean it's okay but wth and then we get 3 of them. :/ 13-2 was better maybe 13-3 will almost be ff quality! :| ill get it day one anyways as i always do X_X years from now when the ff series is just a shell of it self i'll still be buying them day one. IT CANT BE WORSE THAN THE LAST........
#78MewMewFanPosted 1/29/2013 2:20:39 PM
ValcristPL posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
ValcristPL posted...
hotblower posted...
Everything. Just buy Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. That's how a JRPG should be

Square need to be shamed to release games like this one. Just milking out people

people seriously need to stop reminding me I still don't have NNK.

Hey, I have NNK. Do you? No? Haha. *points and laugh*

I will so kick your endangered butt once I get TTT2.

I got NNK too, so ha! >:D
#79Elice_CarolPosted 1/29/2013 2:24:12 PM
What do blocky character models look like on the PS3/360?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#80Kageblade23Posted 1/29/2013 2:35:08 PM
g6260 posted...
Everything except the art direction basically.

this lol