Why we get the outfits we get in Final Fantasy (part of an interview).

#11Celes--CherePosted 1/29/2013 1:20:52 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
It's a fantasy. The clothes don't have to be 'realistic'.

They should at least look good.

XIII outfit looks good.

Yes, but everything afterwards doesn't.

Then we should have a choice of her XIII outfit with 20 different colours.
---
Holy_Banisher
#12mahroflcopter(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:21:33 PM
Celes--Chere posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Celes--Chere posted...

But if the designs are supposed to reflect a character's personality... then why is Lightning dressed as a cowgirl (tattoo of a horse right above her buttcheek and all) and a sexy samurai? Dark Muse is the only outfit so far that even reflects any part of Lightning's personality.

Because the aim of LR is variety so players can dress her up however they want to, not to represent her character. If those were her XIII or XIII-2 outfits then you'd have a point, but the point of LR's costumes is so the player can chose what they personaly like.

This was the question:

"Could you explain the creative process that goes into Lightning’s armor designs? Also, in XIII-2, Serah had not exactly the most battle-ready costume. What kind of balance comes into play when deciding between aesthetic appeal and functionality?"

That was the answer. So it still applies to LR.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#13kupo1705Posted 1/29/2013 1:21:59 PM
Celes--Chere posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Celes--Chere posted...

They should at least look good.

XIII outfit looks good.

Yes, but everything afterwards doesn't.

Then we should have a choice of her XIII outfit with 20 different colours.

Yes, I want to dress her in bright yellow.
#14OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/29/2013 1:22:39 PM
I'm just glad we get the armor from XIII-2. o.o That actually looks relatively practical compared to what some jrpg girls wear.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#15Celes--CherePosted 1/29/2013 1:24:26 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Celes--Chere posted...

But if the designs are supposed to reflect a character's personality... then why is Lightning dressed as a cowgirl (tattoo of a horse right above her buttcheek and all) and a sexy samurai? Dark Muse is the only outfit so far that even reflects any part of Lightning's personality.

Because the aim of LR is variety so players can dress her up however they want to, not to represent her character. If those were her XIII or XIII-2 outfits then you'd have a point, but the point of LR's costumes is so the player can chose what they personaly like.

This was the question:

"Could you explain the creative process that goes into Lightning’s armor designs? Also, in XIII-2, Serah had not exactly the most battle-ready costume. What kind of balance comes into play when deciding between aesthetic appeal and functionality?"

That was the answer. So it still applies to LR.

It seems to apply to XIII-2 to me.
---
Holy_Banisher
#16Celes--CherePosted 1/29/2013 1:25:12 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
I'm just glad we get the armor from XIII-2. o.o That actually looks relatively practical compared to what some jrpg girls wear.

Yeah, nobody would think to strike those beautiful legs.
---
Holy_Banisher
#17kupo1705Posted 1/29/2013 1:26:19 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...

It's actually less practical.
#18zodiac_swordPosted 1/29/2013 1:28:53 PM
Maybe they focused on different aspects of Lightning when designing her outfits. For example, Lightning is supposed to be some kind of reaper or guide to lost souls in LR and her outfit reflects that.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#19Elice_CarolPosted 1/29/2013 1:31:45 PM
Maybe they focused on different aspects of Lightning when designing her outfits. For example, Lightning is supposed to be some kind of reaper or guide to lost souls in LR and her outfit reflects that.

That definitely sounds better than her dressing up as a kawaii magical girl and spreading her legs for humanity.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/