Lightning Theory

#1Destroyer_MagePosted 1/30/2013 7:00:44 AM
As we all know, Lightning has been tasked by the god Bhunivelze to liberate souls and help them crossover into the new world once chaos has completely engulfed Nova Crysalia. My theory is that Lightning has now become the "Angel of death"/"Grimm Reaper" or at least the FFXIII series equivalent.

It would make sense since she formerly served directly under the Goddess of Death, Etro, which could be a reason why Bhunivelze specifically tasked Lightning to liberate souls.Also, (IIRC as stated by Kitase) the fact that Lightning can now perform miracles makes me believe she's retained some of Etro's powers over the afterlife.
Nomura has also stated that he was instructed to design a full body leather suit and when designing Lightnings outfit he designed her arm pieces to look like a Spinal cord.IMO Lightnings default outfit looks like a modern day take on the Grim Reaper concept.

So what do you guys think?
---
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
#2HAAH_WAAWPosted 1/30/2013 7:25:55 AM
how is Lightning going to get to the New World?
is she going to "liberate" herself?
#3GoldPhalanxPosted 1/30/2013 7:26:42 AM
HAAH_WAAW posted...

Lumina will liberate her. Oh yeah :3
---
~Lady Tokimi~
#4ayalorenPosted 1/30/2013 7:32:17 AM
HAAH_WAAW posted...

Wouldn't her liberation be getting rid of guilt by helping people? Or maybe it's just not part of her plan.
---
I'm only as good as you allow me to be.
#5Destroyer_Mage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:49:58 AM
I think that Lightning will be liberating souls that have been infected by chaos so that they'll go back to normal.Souls must probably be free of chaos for them to crossover into the new world.
---
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
#6HAAH_WAAWPosted 1/30/2013 7:59:30 AM
ayaloren posted...
Wouldn't her liberation be getting rid of guilt by helping people? Or maybe it's just not part of her plan.

Sounds about right.
#7Elice_CarolPosted 1/30/2013 8:42:55 AM
I think that Lightning will be liberating souls that have been infected by chaos so that they'll go back to normal.Souls must probably be free of chaos for them to crossover into the new world.

Infected? What do you think souls are made of?

I knew from the very moment I heard Lightning would be serving Bhunivelze that she's fighting towards a dead end, he's going to make her suffer once she finds out what he did to Mwynn.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#8Destroyer_Mage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:34:13 AM
Elice_Carol posted...

Infected? What do you think souls are made of?

I knew from the very moment I heard Lightning would be serving Bhunivelze that she's fighting towards a dead end, he's going to make her suffer once she finds out what he did to Mwynn.

Lol perhaps not their souls

*facedesks at myself*

x_x

What I meant was that people are probably being infected by chaos (similar to the way it's infecting the world) and Lightning has to save them or they'll be completely engulfed by chaos. I agree with you that Bhunivelze is just using Lightning and won't hesitate to kill her.

PS. I'm just trying to bring a serious discussion to this board guys.We can't just be talking about BJ Yeul and spiders :O
---
#9hyro56Posted 1/30/2013 10:38:00 AM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
PS. I'm just trying to bring a serious discussion to this board guys.We can't just be talking about BJ Yeul and spiders :O

BJ Yeul is the best thing that has ever happened to this board in a long time. Frankly, the majority of the people aren't interested in having a serious discussion. Even if they say they would like to.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#10Destroyer_Mage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:42:11 AM
hyro56 posted...
Destroyer_Mage posted...

BJ Yeul is the best thing that has ever happened to this board in a long time. Frankly, the majority of the people aren't interested in having a serious discussion. Even if they say they would like to.

Your entire post makes me sad (O_O)
---