Lightning Theory

#11hyro56Posted 1/30/2013 11:44:24 AM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
hyro56 posted...
Destroyer_Mage posted...
PS. I'm just trying to bring a serious discussion to this board guys.We can't just be talking about BJ Yeul and spiders :O

BJ Yeul is the best thing that has ever happened to this board in a long time. Frankly, the majority of the people aren't interested in having a serious discussion. Even if they say they would like to.

Your entire post makes me sad (O_O)

Because it's the truth. Everyone's given up on this board. I'm sure serious discussions regarding Final Fantasy exist but you won't find them here.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#12gjvaquinoPosted 1/30/2013 11:45:52 AM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
As we all know, Lightning has been tasked by the god Bhunivelze to liberate souls and help them crossover into the new world once chaos has completely engulfed Nova Crysalia. My theory is that Lightning has now become the "Angel of death"/"Grimm Reaper" or at least the FFXIII series equivalent.

It would make sense since she formerly served directly under the Goddess of Death, Etro, which could be a reason why Bhunivelze specifically tasked Lightning to liberate souls.Also, (IIRC as stated by Kitase) the fact that Lightning can now perform miracles makes me believe she's retained some of Etro's powers over the afterlife.
Nomura has also stated that he was instructed to design a full body leather suit and when designing Lightnings outfit he designed her arm pieces to look like a Spinal cord.IMO Lightnings default outfit looks like a modern day take on the Grim Reaper concept.

So what do you guys think?

Wow before she was a goddess guardian now she's a shinigami. Don't get me wrong. Your theory makes alot of sense. Its just that, the thing that irks me is that, they cant make up there mind with what to do with Lightning. With this new "persona" im sure she'll have another perosnality change.
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#13Destroyer_Mage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:58:50 AM
I don't think Lightning was ever a goddess in XIII-2.
Caius does refer to her as "Warrior Goddess" but I think its because she's a Valkyrie and IIRC warrior goddess is another name for Valkyrie. On the other hand, I do think Lightning has retained the powers bestowed upon her by Etro. Also, I think it would be fitting for Lightning to act a bit different with everything that's happened since XIII-2.
---
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
#14Elice_CarolPosted 2/2/2013 10:38:30 AM
It's BH Yeul, not BJ Yeul. You guys do know what BJ stands for, right?

And no, Lightning was never a goddess, what Caius said was likely biting sarcasm considering his antagonism towards his "finest opponent."
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/