Kotaku ranks the Final Fantasy games

#231OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/1/2013 6:53:55 PM
kupo1705 posted...
TorgoForever posted...
kupo1705 posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
Every character has specific kinds of monsters assigned to them,

What?

You're denying that certain monsters were basically designed for one character to decimate them?

I kept using the same 3 characters throughout the game and I never ran into any trouble.

He's talking about how Wakka is good at hitting flying monsters, or how Tidus is good at hitting quick ones, and so on and so on.

You can push through without using the right person, it is just more efficient if you do.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#232kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:54:07 PM
kupo1705 posted...

I kept using the same 3 characters throughout the game and I never ran into any trouble.

I'd argue you're playing it wrong.

I mean you can play the game with 3 characters, but the game is designed to use them all really (except maybe Kimahri, who's best to go Yuna's route).

It's not designed around that at all.
I only used Tidus, Auron and Rikku.
Never did I need anyone else.
#233kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:54:50 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
kupo1705 posted...
TorgoForever posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Every character has specific kinds of monsters assigned to them,

What?

You're denying that certain monsters were basically designed for one character to decimate them?

That doesn't change the fact that FF10 mapped specific characters to specific monster types.

You mean at the very beginning? Sure.
And even then it's not needed at all.
#234DragoonGriffithPosted 2/1/2013 6:56:32 PM
As I said, do what you do.

I just see no point in NOT using a character who would kill a monster in one or two hits, while the other character (because you won't switch) will take more hits to kill it.
---
Currently playing: Earthbound, Radiant Historia.
#235kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:58:09 PM
As I said, do what you do.

I just see no point in NOT using a character who would kill a monster in one or two hits, while the other character (because you won't switch) will take more hits to kill it.

If you need more than 2 hits you're doing it wrong.
#236DragoonGriffithPosted 2/1/2013 6:59:48 PM
kupo1705 posted...

Tidus, Wakka, Rikku, Yuna and probably Kimahri, won't kill a monster as fast as Auron could with one hit which was obviously made for him to kill.
---
#237kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:02:37 PM
kupo1705 posted...

Tidus, Wakka, Rikku, Yuna and probably Kimahri, won't kill a monster as fast as Auron could with one hit which was obviously made for him to kill.

No clue, I never use Wakka, Yuna and Kimahri.
Tidus and Rikku most certainly can.

There is such a thing as abilities and weapon customization.
Make use of both.
#238OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/1/2013 7:03:40 PM
kupo1705 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

I mean you can play the game with 3 characters, but the game is designed to use them all really (except maybe Kimahri, who's best to go Yuna's route).

How did you kill jelly monsters then? :u the one that Lulu kills in one hit but everyone else does like 1 damage to? Did you just sit there attacking for 20 minutes?
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#239DragoonGriffithPosted 2/1/2013 7:05:08 PM
kupo1705 posted...

There is such a thing as abilities and weapon customization.
Make use of both.

Unless you're talking after the Calm Lands, I can't see what customization you're talking about, unless you're using the Expert Sphere Grid and put Tidus and Rikku on different paths.

THEN I could understand it maybe.
---
#240kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:06:10 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
kupo1705 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

How did you kill jelly monsters then? :u the one that Lulu kills in one hit but everyone else does like 1 damage to? Did you just sit there attacking for 20 minutes?

Break Armour