Kotaku ranks the Final Fantasy games

#251DragoonGriffithPosted 2/1/2013 6:47:20 PM
Actually I've just checked.

I'm on the Expert Sphere Grid, and there's quite some sphere's left till Armor Break (I'm on Mushroom Rocks before the Sinspawn fight).

Unless the standard Grid is different, I'd still have to use all of the characters for a good portion of the game to play efficiently.
---
Currently playing: Earthbound, Radiant Historia.
#252kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:48:00 PM
Mushroom rocks is shortly after you get Auron.
#253OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/1/2013 6:48:16 PM
kupo1705 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
but what about until you get armor break? :u what do you do till then? It's easier just to switch Lulu in and have her attack it.

Iīm pretty sure he starts with it.

I don't know. :u But either way, using Lulu to defeat a foe like that would be more efficient. The game was built around you doing that, or else you wouldn't be able to switch allies on the fly. o.o

And if you stick to just one party, then those parts where you get split up are going to be a pain. :u
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#254kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:49:36 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
kupo1705 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
but what about until you get armor break? :u what do you do till then? It's easier just to switch Lulu in and have her attack it.

I don't know. :u But either way, using Lulu to defeat a foe like that would be more efficient. The game was built around you doing that, or else you wouldn't be able to switch allies on the fly. o.o

And if you stick to just one party, then those parts where you get split up are going to be a pain. :u

Itīs just as efficient.

Parts where the party splits up are a pain in any game.
#255DragoonGriffithPosted 2/1/2013 6:50:31 PM
kupo1705 posted...

I still don't see myself having Armor Break till Moonflow, and by that time I'll already get Rikku and the weapon customization.

I mean ok, I guess you can do it fine with just three characters (I've even seen one character runs), but it's basically the same.
---
Currently playing: Earthbound, Radiant Historia.
#256OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/1/2013 6:53:56 PM
kupo1705 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
kupo1705 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Itīs just as efficient.

No it isn't. :U Lulu is designed to be good against those enemies. Making Auron cover them too is just lazy.

and that part wouldn't be a pain if you trained everyone equally o.o It is a very simple thing to do. You just got lazy, kupo. :u
---
#257kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:55:56 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
kupo1705 posted...

I still don't see myself having Armor Break till Moonflow, and by that time I'll already get Rikku and the weapon customization.

I mean ok, I guess you can do it fine with just three characters (I've even seen one character runs), but it's basically the same.

I always have it shortly after leaving Luca.
Itīs not that far away from his starting position.
And you can always take Tidus there on the expert grid.
#258kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:59:42 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
kupo1705 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
kupo1705 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Itīs just as efficient.

No it isn't. :U Lulu is designed to be good against those enemies. Making Auron cover them too is just lazy.

and that part wouldn't be a pain if you trained everyone equally o.o It is a very simple thing to do. You just got lazy, kupo. :u

If you donīt want to use Auron, thereīs always Rikku.
sheīs good in any situation.

Why would I trains everyone equally? I don't want to keep switching everyone in every single battle. Especially when I'm going to use the same team the entire game anyway.
#259OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/1/2013 7:02:14 PM
kupo1705 posted...

Why would I trains everyone equally? I don't want to keep switching everyone in every single battle. Especially when I'm going to use the same team the entire game anyway.

You don't like to switch it up any? o.o
---
#260kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:02:53 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
kupo1705 posted...

You don't like to switch it up any? o.o

No.
There is no need to anyway.