Kotaku ranks the Final Fantasy games

#31SlaynPosted 1/31/2013 6:37:12 AM
I love FF6 and 4 the most, hated anything after 10. List seems fine to me. Isn't my EXACT taste, but it does the job.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#32Virtue777Posted 1/31/2013 6:37:14 AM
Good list. I'd swap IV with VII, move V down a bit lower (below VIII), and that would basically be my list. FFVI is hands down, the best IMO, but FFVII and FFIX are very close behind it.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#33kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:58:39 AM
Lindaru111 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Because some games are too high and some too

XII and X are too low.
VII,IV, IX and VI are too high.

How are IX and VI too high? They are just right IMO.
The other two I understand.

Where would you put 6 and 9?

IX isn't that great, and VI is too flawed to be number one.
I'd put VI on 2 and IX on 5.

So many people hate IX these days...
I think the list was just right but noooo...this is gamefaqs's Lightning Returns board, where there is nothing but hating, hating and more hating of almost every FF game in existance.

I don't hate IX at all.
I just don't think it's 'better than all of them except for one' kind of great.
#34Honey-BoyPosted 1/31/2013 7:03:56 AM
dils-d posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
Final Fantasy Tactics not in the list at all...

yeah... kotaku fails.

Spin-off series. Reading skills fails.

spin off nothing.

it is the best FF game easily.

best writing
best combat
best story

its legitimately mature.

just because it lacks a roman numeral dosent mean anything.

as far as im concerned, its the best FF.
---
~choose death~
#35murry_the_skullPosted 1/31/2013 7:08:04 AM
UnderratedGamer posted...
Why the hate? This list is pretty darn good. The only difference is I'd replace X with XII. Otherwise this is pretty solid.

7 isn't unforgivably low like a bunch of fanatics would place it, but it isn't too high like the fanboys rate it.

5 is finally getting the respect it deserves and 4 is actually receiving good praise like it should.

I don't care that 9 is 2nd because as long as 4 and 5 are up there, I'm happy.

Haters gonna hate about 6.

Totally agree with you there. I'm happy seeing 4 near the top there, and 9 is right up there with 4 as my all time favourites. 7 is at a good position, but I think 6 is a bit too high. So while we share most of the same ideals, I'd like to change some things up so that it reflects my preferences:

IX
IV
VI
VII
V
XII
XIII
X
VIII
III
I
II

If anyone disagrees, I'm cool with that 'cause that's your opinion. If others agree, then I'm happy that we share the same ideals.
---
PSN Name: XxSpartanGamerxX
http://psnprofiles.com/XxSpartanGamerxX
#36StryphoonPosted 1/31/2013 7:10:12 AM
I really liked 4 and 9 but both of them taking the top two spots seems a bit much, the plot is beat for beat the same thing in each, preferred 9's characters though.
---
where to fight counts for alot, but there is nothing like having your friends show up with lots of guns
#37zodiac_swordPosted 1/31/2013 7:11:53 AM(edited)
Honey-Boy posted...
dils-d posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
Final Fantasy Tactics not in the list at all...

yeah... kotaku fails.

Spin-off series. Reading skills fails.

spin off nothing.

it is the best FF game easily.

best writing
best combat
best story

its legitimately mature.

just because it lacks a roman numeral dosent mean anything.

as far as im concerned, its the best FF.

It's still a spin-off. That's a fact. You liking it most won't change that.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#38UnderratedGamerPosted 1/31/2013 7:13:19 AM
murry_the_skull posted...
UnderratedGamer posted...
Why the hate? This list is pretty darn good. The only difference is I'd replace X with XII. Otherwise this is pretty solid.

7 isn't unforgivably low like a bunch of fanatics would place it, but it isn't too high like the fanboys rate it.

5 is finally getting the respect it deserves and 4 is actually receiving good praise like it should.

I don't care that 9 is 2nd because as long as 4 and 5 are up there, I'm happy.

Haters gonna hate about 6.

Totally agree with you there. I'm happy seeing 4 near the top there, and 9 is right up there with 4 as my all time favourites. 7 is at a good position, but I think 6 is a bit too high. So while we share most of the same ideals, I'd like to change some things up so that it reflects my preferences:

IX
IV
VI
VII
V
XII
XIII
X
VIII
III
I
II

If anyone disagrees, I'm cool with that 'cause that's your opinion. If others agree, then I'm happy that we share the same ideals.

You basically share my same thoughts except the switching of 9 and 6. Our top 5's are pretty much dead even though.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#39Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/31/2013 7:15:51 AM
Not far from what I would do except XII is too low, and IV is probably slightly high. Also even though I hate XIII I'd still put it above II.
#40reaper0123Posted 1/31/2013 7:21:52 AM
You people need to chill the hell out! There's this little thing called an "Opinion", and it's the article writers personal "Opinion" as to what it the best/worst. Shocking, I know, that it doesn't match up with someone else's! So stop calling him a troll just because he likes one more than you did!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xenoriddley?feature=mhee