ff13-2 Gets 2nd place for biggest let down.

#1gjvaquinoPosted 1/31/2013 9:35:57 AM
ff13-2 Gets 2nd place for biggest let down for 2012 according to rpgamer.com According to the website:

"Final Fantasy XIII-2 did a lot to improve on the complaints that people had from the first game. It wasn't as linear, offered monsters you could collect and use as party members, and gave players full control of character development from the start. Where it fell short was in giving us two new main characters mostly devoid of personality, a time travel story repetitively reliant on paradoxes and brain-damaging attempts at logic to explain everything, story sections ransomed as DLC, and a cliffhanger ending that left things unresolved. Square Enix took two steps forward here and then two right back."

Do you agree or disagree? Discuss.

Source: http://www.rpgamer.com/awards/2012/results/biggest_letdown.html
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#2TorgoForeverPosted 1/31/2013 9:40:49 AM
FFXIII-2 had expectations?
---
Best Story Ever: http://tinyurl.com/b3q4bwk
oFFiciAL ToRgO(pOn), wAKaMoToRcyClE. YoR, and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#3kupo1705Posted 1/31/2013 9:42:02 AM
If anything it's the opposite of a letdown.
I'm surprised they managed to make a decent sequel to garbage like XIII.
#4TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/31/2013 9:42:46 AM
He is right about the paradoxes, DLC and ending, but the other points make him look like an idiot, as does calling it the second biggest letdown. Hell, he does not even have Mass Effect 3 as the first, which automatically invalidates everything he says.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#5shinigami_mattPosted 1/31/2013 9:44:15 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
He is right about the paradoxes, DLC and ending, but the other points make him look like an idiot, as does calling it the second biggest letdown. Hell, he does not even have Mass Effect 3 as the first, which automatically invalidates everything he says.

Yeah, I mean, they had to make a whole new ending for ME3 because people were crying so hard. But Sticker star? Really?
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#6TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/31/2013 9:50:09 AM
Oh wait, Diablo 3 is probably the biggest letdown of the year. And the idiot has it as BEST PC RPG OF THE YEAR. An incredibly disappointing game which lost 95% of its fanbase, is the best PC game of the year...riiiight...

And my God, he has Mass Effect 3 as second best story...

This guy has been paid off with advertising money, just like the rest.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#7itis41269Posted 1/31/2013 9:51:56 AM
So im guessing ff 13 was the first biggest let down?
---
"Big lizard in my backyard, i can't afford to feed him anymore"
#8DuskSoldier1180Posted 1/31/2013 9:56:55 AM
Pretty much agree with it. Only part I don't agree with is using monsters as party members. That was a negative for me.

Hey we couldn't figure out how to add more than two human party members into the story so here's Pokemon!
---
Capcom and Square Enix: Please, stop disappointing me.
#9TorgoForeverPosted 1/31/2013 9:57:46 AM
And for that matter Sticker Star is still a very good game. How it could be worse than The Young Xehanort Twist is beyond me. That's not just bad, it mirrors a similar moment in Dark Yagami, a fanfic worse than My Immortal.
---
Best Story Ever: http://tinyurl.com/b3q4bwk
oFFiciAL ToRgO(pOn), wAKaMoToRcyClE. YoR, and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#10kupo1705Posted 1/31/2013 9:58:45 AM
TorgoForever posted...
And for that matter Sticker Star is still a very good game. How it could be worse than The Young Xehanort Twist is beyond me. That's not just bad, it mirrors a similar moment in Dark Yagami, a fanfic worse than My Immortal.

It doesn't have to be a bad game to be a lot down.
As a PM game it's very bad.