Would you have a problem with FF going more anime/cartoonish?

#1gwoodtamuPosted 2/1/2013 11:15:01 AM(edited)
Yes or No? - Results (112 votes)
Yes
39.29% (44 votes)
No
60.71% (68 votes)
This poll is now closed.
After playing a game like Ni No Kuni now for roughly the first 10 hours, and just how stunning the game is visually despite lacking the realism in character display of a FF13, it got me thinking. What if Final Fantasy took this approach? I am no expert, but FF13 has to take up much more memory and be much harder to code than a game like Ni No Kuni, thus why giving us a full over world, and towns, etc, was passed over for a more linear approach. Ni No Kuni is beautiful yes, but the realism isn't all the way there. The benefits though would be the over world that so many are clamoring for, fully towns, shops, etc. at the expense of the stunning graphics that come with a game like FF13.

I for one think it would be a nice change to the FF series, but hey, just my opinion.
#2kupo1705Posted 2/1/2013 11:14:31 AM
Yes.
#3darkphoenix181Posted 2/1/2013 11:15:18 AM
need call of duty graphics
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 2/1/2013 11:15:57 AM
No.

FFIX alone is a testament to a game not having to be realistic in graphics, in order to come across as serious, heartwarming and overall fantastic.
---
Currently playing: Earthbound, Radiant Historia.
#5gwoodtamu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:17:12 AM
I think Ni No Kuni shows that you can have less realism, and still have an absolutely gorgeous game. Because it is stunning to look at.
#6kupo1705Posted 2/1/2013 11:17:46 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
No.

FFIX alone is a testament to a game not having to be realistic in graphics, in order to come across as serious, heartwarming and overall fantastic.

The character design may not be realistic, but the graphics are.
#7TheOnlyEdenPosted 2/1/2013 11:17:47 AM
No, but don't make it like NNK.

I hate the ghibli artstyle.
---
Enjoy the beauty and splendour that Mother Nature has to offer. Soon it will be gone. :'(
#8darkphoenix181Posted 2/1/2013 11:18:56 AM
gwoodtamu posted...
I think Ni No Kuni shows that you can have less realism, and still have an absolutely gorgeous game. Because it is stunning to look at.

how will I go pew pew derpa derpa without call of duty graphics?
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#9MalakTawusPosted 2/1/2013 1:34:42 PM
As much as i like cartoonish' style i prefer by far FF' style (that btw it's also an anime-style, just more "realistic").

When i think about next gen FF games and i think about what we saw in Agni's Philosophy why the hell would i want FF to follow NNK style?

Let L5 have that style, FF style is already great (and better imo) as it is.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#10OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/1/2013 1:43:17 PM
I wouldn't mind at all. :D I really liked that aspect in the earlier games in the series.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw