What's your favourite Final Fantasy spin-off?

#41maxxxximumPosted 2/4/2013 1:02:38 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
Revenant Wings is a direct sequel to XII.

Tactics also resides in the world of Ivalice which is far in the future of XII.

Type 0 is mainline in that it retains all classic FF elements and has it's own original world.

Crystal Chronicles is a subseries.

Your notion of a mainline title being determined by a mere number is a mere asinine fanmade connotation you have concocted in relation to the FF series.

Again. What's a spinoff then? Going by your definition, all FF games are mainline. What makes Type-0 mainline and Crystal Chronicles a sub series (spinoff)?
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#42MagiusNecrosPosted 2/4/2013 1:04:53 PM
maxxxximum posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
Revenant Wings is a direct sequel to XII.

Tactics also resides in the world of Ivalice which is far in the future of XII.

Type 0 is mainline in that it retains all classic FF elements and has it's own original world.

Crystal Chronicles is a subseries.

Your notion of a mainline title being determined by a mere number is a mere asinine fanmade connotation you have concocted in relation to the FF series.

Again. What's a spinoff then? Going by your definition, all FF games are mainline. What makes Type-0 mainline and Crystal Chronicles a sub series (spinoff)?

I look at FF spinoffs as a continuation of a FF world, as an expansion of sorts.

I suppose Crystal Chronicles to be fair is it's own thing. As it too has it's own unique world.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#43maxxxximumPosted 2/4/2013 1:28:38 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
I look at FF spinoffs as a continuation of a FF world, as an expansion of sorts.

I suppose Crystal Chronicles to be fair is it's own thing. As it too has it's own unique world.

That's a good definition. Unfortunately, in a series like FF where every numbered game is set in its own world it makes things unclear. Spinoffs generally refer to stories following a side character from a core title that have little or no relevance to the main storyline. It can also refer to a series that is spawned from another series though. Meaning sub series are spinoffs. Either way, they aren't mainline.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/