What's your favourite Final Fantasy spin-off?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. What's your favourite Final Fantasy spin-off?
3 years ago#41
MagiusNecros posted...
Revenant Wings is a direct sequel to XII.

Tactics also resides in the world of Ivalice which is far in the future of XII.

Type 0 is mainline in that it retains all classic FF elements and has it's own original world.

Crystal Chronicles is a subseries.

Your notion of a mainline title being determined by a mere number is a mere asinine fanmade connotation you have concocted in relation to the FF series.

Again. What's a spinoff then? Going by your definition, all FF games are mainline. What makes Type-0 mainline and Crystal Chronicles a sub series (spinoff)?
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
3 years ago#42
maxxxximum posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
Revenant Wings is a direct sequel to XII.

Tactics also resides in the world of Ivalice which is far in the future of XII.

Type 0 is mainline in that it retains all classic FF elements and has it's own original world.

Crystal Chronicles is a subseries.

Your notion of a mainline title being determined by a mere number is a mere asinine fanmade connotation you have concocted in relation to the FF series.

Again. What's a spinoff then? Going by your definition, all FF games are mainline. What makes Type-0 mainline and Crystal Chronicles a sub series (spinoff)?

I look at FF spinoffs as a continuation of a FF world, as an expansion of sorts.

I suppose Crystal Chronicles to be fair is it's own thing. As it too has it's own unique world.
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
3 years ago#43
MagiusNecros posted...
I look at FF spinoffs as a continuation of a FF world, as an expansion of sorts.

I suppose Crystal Chronicles to be fair is it's own thing. As it too has it's own unique world.

That's a good definition. Unfortunately, in a series like FF where every numbered game is set in its own world it makes things unclear. Spinoffs generally refer to stories following a side character from a core title that have little or no relevance to the main storyline. It can also refer to a series that is spawned from another series though. Meaning sub series are spinoffs. Either way, they aren't mainline.
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. What's your favourite Final Fantasy spin-off?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived