Final Fantasy series VS Tales series

#131TkShotPosted 2/3/2013 2:51:50 PM
I only played Graces f , but the game play is way better IMO. However it lacks the special story department or that certain thing that makes Final Fantasy games so fun.
---
" Serah, Lumina, and Vanille playing "Triple Triad" together. " - Romangelo
#132kirusuPosted 2/3/2013 2:55:26 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
buffy720 posted...

As for Abyss overstaying its welcome, are you serious? The game has two iterations, the PS2 and 3DS versions. How dare it be so bold? *rolls eyes*

I think he's talking about the pacing of the game (backtracking and so on).

i think the only tales of games i had to backtrack on was symphonia and phantasia. well those are the only ones i played.
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#133kirusuPosted 2/3/2013 2:58:44 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...

and lol, disgustingly terrible story. As if. It may not be a literary masterpiece, but to call Vesperia's story 'disgustingly terrible' is just a blunt lie, and there's no opinion card to go against that.

ill be the judge of that. i have my opinion card.
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#134TorgoForeverPosted 2/3/2013 3:04:21 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Xenosaga Episode II- Fatal Fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4hryHF3kTw

Putting only a song from XSII is giving me a suggestion that you think it's the best of them in terms of OST. It's not a bad one, but definitely the weakest without any argument.

If my guess is right, then I think I know as to why you can call Battle for Everyone's Souls "bland and generic." xD
---
#135theofficefan99Posted 2/3/2013 3:06:16 PM
TorgoForever posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Xenosaga Episode II- Fatal Fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4hryHF3kTw

Putting only a song from XSII is giving me a suggestion that you think it's the best of them in terms of OST. It's not a bad one, but definitely the weakest without any argument.

If my guess is right, then I think I know as to why you can call Battle for Everyone's Souls "bland and generic." xD

I had this list saved up and I just used it. I don't think it's the best of them. There are plenty of amazing tracks in the other XS games and there are better tracks in XS2 as well.

It is generic. There's nothing special nor impressive about its composition.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#136LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/3/2013 3:06:18 PM
I clearly just said it's a typical JRPG fare (with the final boss as the only exception). A typical JRPG fare DOES include a fair amount of sidetracking. Alexei is a bad villain, and I think everyone can agree on that. You fail to mention how well Part 1 opened up Part 2, and how Part 2 was actually pretty good. Yeager was a good villain, and nothing in the game gets more climatic than what happens at the end of Zaude. I disagree about the final villain, and I think he was a breath of fresh air compared to the typical villains we get in JRPGs.

Yeah...you're obviously blinded by hate for one reason or another. The Don Whitehorse event DOES have depth, and that's one of the reasons it's my favorite part of the game.

...Are you kidding me? You're linking me to a bunch of games that are considered musical masterpieces. I would never compare Vesperia's music to the likes of Chrono Cross and FFIX, but the music certainly isn't mediocre. I can admit Sakuraba drops the ball with Tales, though. His work is usually amazing. I do feel the need to say this, though:
Fury Sparks > Liberi Fatali

I can disagree about the anime cutscenes. Symphonia's anime cutscenes were pretty bland, and the ToS OVA was far more pleasing. Vesperia's cutscenes, while nothing compared to Ufotable's Xillia animation, were actually enjoyable and there was enough of them throughout the game (Symphonia hardly had any).

I never had this problem with Vesperia, and after watching ToV: The First Strike, the world was definitely fleshed out enough.

Honestly though, has Vesperia burned down your house or something? Your hate for the game goes far beyond the game itself (as proven when you said Vesperia's CG is worse than PS1 titles lmao). I'm really interested in how the game hurt you so much.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#137theofficefan99Posted 2/3/2013 3:20:22 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
I clearly just said it's a typical JRPG fare (with the final boss as the only exception). A typical JRPG fare DOES include a fair amount of sidetracking. Alexei is a bad villain, and I think everyone can agree on that. You fail to mention how well Part 1 opened up Part 2, and how Part 2 was actually pretty good. Yeager was a good villain, and nothing in the game gets more climatic than what happens at the end of Zaude. I disagree about the final villain, and I think he was a breath of fresh air compared to the typical villains we get in JRPGs.

Yeah...you're obviously blinded by hate for one reason or another. The Don Whitehorse event DOES have depth, and that's one of the reasons it's my favorite part of the game.

...Are you kidding me? You're linking me to a bunch of games that are considered musical masterpieces. I would never compare Vesperia's music to the likes of Chrono Cross and FFIX, but the music certainly isn't mediocre. I can admit Sakuraba drops the ball with Tales, though. His work is usually amazing. I do feel the need to say this, though:
Fury Sparks > Liberi Fatali

I can disagree about the anime cutscenes. Symphonia's anime cutscenes were pretty bland, and the ToS OVA was far more pleasing. Vesperia's cutscenes, while nothing compared to Ufotable's Xillia animation, were actually enjoyable and there was enough of them throughout the game (Symphonia hardly had any).

I never had this problem with Vesperia, and after watching ToV: The First Strike, the world was definitely fleshed out enough.

Honestly though, has Vesperia burned down your house or something? Your hate for the game goes far beyond the game itself (as proven when you said Vesperia's CG is worse than PS1 titles lmao). I'm really interested in how the game hurt you so much.

Part 2 was not good. The pacing was even worse and nothing interesting happened. It was all coincidence after coincidence after coincidence.

No, it's not. It's typical shonen anime stuff. The major problem I had with it was that the whole scene felt anticlimactic. It was interesting that Yuri had to finish him off, but that was about it. There's nothing special about the writing in that scene.

Yeah, exactly why Vesperia is mediocre. Its soundtrack is nothing special in any way. If you prefer a song consisting of generic guitar riffs over a wonderfully composed piece of music, then more power to you.

Symphonia's anime cutscenes are well-drawn and wonderfully animated. Animations in Vesperia are choppy and some of the anime cutscenes are infused with some very ugly and dated CGI.

Why are you even bringing an anime prequel into this? I'm talking about the game and the game alone.

Because it was a torturous experience. Everything about it was terrible to me.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#138InnerscopePosted 2/3/2013 3:22:25 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
I vaguely remember watching the Tokyo Mew Mew dub.

Apparently, living in Japan was awful for American kids, so "Japan" was dubbed "America."

And yes, they bowed down to each other, IIRC....

They actually officially stated that they'd be editing it so that the kids wouldn't know about its Japanese origins. What's with the racism there, 4Kids?

That's the last thing America needs: more ignorance >_>
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#139TorgoForeverPosted 2/3/2013 3:23:45 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
It is generic. There's nothing special nor impressive about its composition.

Really? Not the crashing guitar riff that sets up the piece? The following verse that mixes a downright malevolent guitar to be backed by a hard-hitting brass to further increase tension? The light piano notes that contrast to the ongoing but now faded rhythm to suggest an odd calm mid-battle? The now tragic sounding clean guitar that almost completes this calm, only to be cut short by the synth drums? After which, the climax comes crashing down as a choir is now in a three way fight with the brass and synth guitar, until two of them ultimately undergo a supernova, upon which the remaining instrument puts a final transition before rebuilding the cycle?

None of that is impressive? Then woo me with your best final boss theme.
---
#140InnerscopePosted 2/3/2013 3:25:21 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOLvOgzZF6E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wahtkLPxOXA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvY8Qs6S24o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L8f4ZKAkEo

I prefer this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6DZhqiUhVk
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet