Final Fantasy series VS Tales series

#151theofficefan99Posted 2/3/2013 3:43:27 PM
Innerscope posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Final Fantasy XIII- Born Anew and Nascent Requiem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzFwo3K4OUk

Well, Korraganitar turned an epic song into nonsense...

lol

It's definitely epic, even with those hilarious "lyrics" in your head XD
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#152sockesockePosted 2/3/2013 3:43:52 PM
MewMewFan posted...
I am a fan of both the FF series and Tales series, but I don't get why people say either series is better than the other. Let's take a look, shall we? Final Fantasy games almost always get localized, well as the Tales series, hmm... let's say localizing of their games are quite low.

So over all in my honest opinion, the FF series is better than the Tales series, no offense to Tales fans, but I liked the Tales series too.

Take that, Sin_Havester. :D

Back on topic, which series is better? FF or Tales?

if were going just by localization then ff is better agreed. the tales games have a better quality overall though while ff is a mixed bag.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#153TorgoForeverPosted 2/3/2013 3:52:40 PM
"it feels like I'm listening to a regular battle theme that would be playing early on in the game, and not a final boss fight."

I have no words for this. I cannot comprehend this deduction. I do not get how it doesn't ooze with finality and going all-out when one's schemes are collapsing while giving their last efforts. What is it missing to become a final boss theme?

Side note: those choices leave me feeling a bit better though.
---
#154theofficefan99Posted 2/3/2013 3:57:15 PM
TorgoForever posted...
"it feels like I'm listening to a regular battle theme that would be playing early on in the game, and not a final boss fight."

I have no words for this. I cannot comprehend this deduction. I do not get how it doesn't ooze with finality and going all-out when one's schemes are collapsing while giving their last efforts. What is it missing to become a final boss theme?

Side note: those choices leave me feeling a bit better though.

I'm just not feeling it. To me, it sounds like generic guitar riffs with unpleasant, repetitive vocals and some piano mixed in. It's just not good to me. It's like an "eh" regular battle theme to me, not an excellent final boss theme. Again, perhaps I need to play Persona 3 to actually get a feel of the song.

Good, good, lol. I guess my taste is good aside from my apparently terrible opinion on this song, since I've gotten flak about it from multiple people. *shrugs*
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#155Ryudo1Posted 2/3/2013 4:33:58 PM
I'm just not feeling it. To me, it sounds like generic guitar riffs with unpleasant, repetitive vocals and some piano mixed in. It's just not good to me. It's like an "eh" regular battle theme to me, not an excellent final boss theme. Again, perhaps I need to play Persona 3 to actually get a feel of the song.

A regular battle theme? It's far more in depth than any of the other battle themes in Persona 3. It remixes the Velvet room theme, where you fused all of your personas, allowing you to remember the journey you took to reach that point. I mean, I can understand not liking it, but I don't get how it's not an appropriate final boss theme. I'm not a huge fan of One Winged Angel, but I wouldn't exactly call it a bad normal battle theme.
#156RikusTwilightPosted 2/5/2013 6:47:02 AM
The few Tales games that have been localised have been FANTASTIC.

Light-hearted, fun characters who can be serious when they need to be, character development, love, loss, lesbians (Rita and Pascal, I'm looking at you)

I love both series, but honestly, nowadays, Tales beats FF hands down.
#157UnderratedGamerPosted 2/7/2013 1:32:21 PM
Woah, this is actually pretty civil unlike some other boards. I was expecting this to blow up with hate on both sides.

I do have to admit though that Tales appeals to me more. The ratio of good/bad games is much better than Final Fantasy's good/bad ratio.

Too many bad Final Fantasy games in my opinion.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov